The Student Room Group

New rules make it harder to challenge exam results

Scroll to see replies

Original post by offhegoes
It's the marking of them that costs the money, to be fair. More time spent marking means more expensive exams.

You always pay them for the remark. For a levels last year it was around £40-48 per paper for a remark.
Original post by Loyale
OH DAMNNNNNNNNN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXAMINERSARE HUMANS, THEY MAKE MISTAKES TOO....HOW ARE WE MEANT TO KNOW IF THEY DIDNT MARK IT RIGHT WITHOUT A REMARK?

IN SUBJECTIVE EXAMS..........EXAMINERS CAN GIVE DIFFERENT MARKS....I KNOW SOMEONe WHO WENT FROM A D TO AN A!!!

WHYYY USSSSSS??????????
GUYS LETS PETITION AGAINST THIS...ITS NOT FAIR....

:angry::angry:

On the other hand the danger of appealing for a re- marking could result in getting an even lower grade than you originally had. You might have been unhappy with a grade C but asked for it to be marked again and ended up with a D ! :frown:
Original post by katherine9609
You always pay them for the remark. For a levels last year it was around £40-48 per paper for a remark.

I'd rather just go for a retake. The danger with a re marking is getting an even lower grade. Usually retakes can be done in November, but not much use if your starting uni in October. But I think Unis should allow you entry on a lower grade if you promise to retake the exam you didn't get the required grade for, or alternatively do one of the universities own exams.

For example you needed a B in Chemistry, then the university should allow you to do their own grade B standard exam to prove you are up to grade B standard.
Original post by Ambitious1999
I'd rather just go for a retake. The danger with a re marking is getting an even lower grade. Usually retakes can be done in November, but not much use if your starting uni in October. But I think Unis should allow you entry on a lower grade if you promise to retake the exam you didn't get the required grade for, or alternatively do one of the universities own exams.

For example you needed a B in Chemistry, then the university should allow you to do their own grade B standard exam to prove you are up to grade B standard.

You shouldn't remark unless you're confident you performed better than you did. You can request a photocopy of your script and check it with your teacher against the official scheme to see if your teacher (provided their judgement is apt and mute) agrees that the mark should be raised. If such is the case, then a remark surely is better than waiting 3 months?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending