The Student Room Group

Gay dating etiquette

Hey, I'm newly out the closet and I've never been on a date with another guys before. (I'm 21).

What's the etiquette when it comes to meeting a guy for a date?

How do you greet?
Who pays?
Etc etc

Also, I've been talking to this guy on tinder for a couple of weeks and we really get on well and there is definitely sexual attraction, but I feel that meeting up would be awkward because we've already told each other our whole life story, aha. I worry that we won't have anything to talk about because we've already used up the major conversation topics! Any advice on this?
Hey,

First of all, congratulations on coming out! :h:

Do something on your date that inspires conversation e.g. go to a museum. Don't plan a date to a park because when you sit down, it'll be awkward if you're just looking into eachother's eyes.

Since you're both on the first date, offer to split the bill. If the date is insistent that they pay, then allow them to, but perhaps set in stone the fact that you'll have the next outing covered (see, already initiating another day out together. :wink: )

Original post by Anonymous
Hey, I'm newly out the closet and I've never been on a date with another guys before. (I'm 21).

How do you greet?
Who pays?
Etc etc

Also, I've been talking to this guy on tinder for a couple of weeks and we really get on well and there is definitely sexual attraction, but I feel that meeting up would be awkward because we've already told each other our whole life story, aha. I worry that we won't have anything to talk about because we've already used up the major conversation topics! Any advice on this?

Give em the natty suckaroo
Original post by Anonymous

How do you greet?
Who pays?
Etc etc

Well I'm gay too, its all the same as hetersexual couples, I'm going to say a few things (don't think these things are homophobic!)

> Straight couples will dislike you wearing skinny jeans just as much as you think its ew on girls with short shorts.

> When you kiss in public, hetersexuals won't understand it as its boy and boy not boy and girl, connections are different, same goes for you when hetersexuals kiss, its just because we're a minority that we get it more.

> Don't expect 100% pro-LBGT, there always a few *****, just say " What? What? " keep saying until they get bored (people who are stupid just listens to past generation)

> Do HIV home-test, because 3 in 7 LBGT age 16-25 years old have HIV in London and 2 in 7 outside of London . It only costs £25 (hetersexuals is 1 in 24 I think) Don't break up with them just because of HIV... just go to docotors its possible not to catch it.

> Positive thing about homosexuality: you know when you see straight people and they go " ugh she a ***** " "ugh his an idiot " well.. don't have to put up with that in gay couples! As you're the same gender so you think the same thats why connection is different than hetersexuals... they are more likely to be cheated on and less unhappy by miles comparing to homosexuals... also homosexuals are better parents than hetersexuals now apprently.

(PS. I'm 18 years old known since 16 years old)
Original post by ckfeister
Well I'm gay too, its all the same as hetersexual couples, I'm going to say a few things (don't think these things are homophobic!)

> Straight couples will dislike you wearing skinny jeans just as much as you think its ew on girls with short shorts.

> When you kiss in public, hetersexuals won't understand it as its boy and boy not boy and girl, connections are different, same goes for you when hetersexuals kiss, its just because we're a minority that we get it more.

> Don't expect 100% pro-LBGT, there always a few *****, just say " What? What? " keep saying until they get bored (people who are stupid just listens to past generation)

> Do HIV home-test, because 3 in 7 LBGT age 16-25 years old have HIV in London and 2 in 7 outside of London . It only costs £25 (hetersexuals is 1 in 24 I think) Don't break up with them just because of HIV... just go to docotors its possible not to catch it.

> Positive thing about homosexuality: you know when you see straight people and they go " ugh she a ***** " "ugh his an idiot " well.. don't have to put up with that in gay couples! As you're the same gender so you think the same thats why connection is different than hetersexuals... they are more likely to be cheated on and less unhappy by miles comparing to homosexuals... also homosexuals are better parents than hetersexuals now apprently.

Didn't realise you're gay, repped for giving top notch, no-nonsense advice.
Reply 6
Etiquette is you meet and **** as most gays do. It's shallow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7

Source?
Original post by Ciel.
Source?

1 in 11* in London I got something else mixed up with it
1 in 20* outside of London

http://www.tht.org.uk/sexual-health/About-HIV/How-common-is-HIV_qm_
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
1 in 11* in London I got something else mixed up with it
1 in 20* outside of London

http://www.tht.org.uk/sexual-health/About-HIV/How-common-is-HIV_qm_