The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Aimslouise
Hi,

I have my practical driving test tomorrow (14th July) at Atherton test centre. Im feeling really nervous about it, and was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to remain calm? Also any other information about the test is appreciated.

Thank you!

Good luck for your test tomorrow
Reply 2
Original post by anojan
Good luck for your test tomorrow

Thanks!
Reply 3
Thanks!

:smile::smile::smile:
Well I was nervous before my test but I had a lesson before. I felt calm once I started driving tbh.
But just think of your test as another driving lesson. But without instruction.
The examiner is your instructor and they are just making sure that you are confident in your driving!
They are more lenient than instructors are on mock tests. Hence why I passed mine after screwing up the manoeuvre!
But just think of it as another driving lesson. Just focus on what you've got to do and you'll be fine!
Let us know how it goes!

Good Luck!
Reply 5
Original post by FireFreezer77
Well I was nervous before my test but I had a lesson before. I felt calm once I started driving tbh.
The examiner is your instructor and they are just making sure that you are confident in your driving!
They are more lenient than instructors are on mock tests. Hence why I passed mine after screwing up the manoeuvre!
But just think of it as another driving lesson. Just focus on what you've got to do and you'll be fine!
Let us know how it goes!

Good Luck!

Thank you, I'll try to follow that advice!
Hi,

I have my practical driving test tomorrow (14th July) at Atherton test centre. Im feeling really nervous about it, and was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to remain calm? Also any other information about the test is appreciated.

Thank you!

I've got mine on the 15th :redface:What time is the test?Please do update us on how you get on :smile:
Reply 7
Let us know how it goes!

Good Luck!

I passed!
Reply 8
Original post by frxsr_
I've got mine on the 15th :redface:What time is the test?Please do update us on how you get on :smile:

My test was at 10:14 and I passed! Good luck for your test! :smile:
My test was at 10:14 and I passed! Good luck for your test! :smile:

Congratulations! I'm proud of you! How many minors did you get?
Mines at the same time tomorrow!
Thank you, I'll try to follow that advice!

I passed!

Congratulations!!!!
Excellent! I take it you stayed calm!
Seems 10:14 is a good time for your test (i had mine then too!)
I bet youre so happy now!?!
Well done! :biggrin:
pretend its a mock... or that you have already failed during the test - weirdly this helps to calm the nerves
Reply 12
Original post by frxsr_
Congratulations! I'm proud of you! How many minors did you get?
Mines at the same time tomorrow!

Thank you haha! I got 9 (whoops). The roads were fairly quiet at that time, good luck again!
Reply 13
Congratulations!!!!
Excellent! I take it you stayed calm!
Seems 10:14 is a good time for your test (i had mine then too!)
I bet youre so happy now!?!
Well done! :biggrin:

I'm so so so happy! Thank you :smile::smile::smile:
I'm so so so happy! Thank you :smile::smile::smile:

Which manoeuvre did you get? :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by frxsr_
Which manoeuvre did you get? :smile:

I got turn in the road and also an emergency stop
an emergency stop

Did you practice it many times before test?I haven't even practiced it once. Admittedly I've had to brake hard before but nothing to that effect.I've given it a google and I understand how to do it, but yeah :P
Reply 17
Original post by frxsr_
Did you practice it many times before test?I haven't even practiced it once. Admittedly I've had to brake hard before but nothing to that effect.I've given it a google and I understand how to do it, but yeah :P

I'd done it once or twice, but not recently. Just remember to secure the handbrake and put the car into neutral after stopping, then carry out all the mirror and blind spot checks before moving off again :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by frxsr_

How did it go?
practical test in 2 weeks and i dont have my renewed probationary license, will i be allowed to take the test without it?

Latest