The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I eat meat because I can.

Original post by anosmianAcrimony
I've spoken with plenty of animal-eaters in my time, and one of their favourite reasons (excuses?) for doing so seems to be that we are simply superior to the animals we eat. We are the dominant species on the planet, and so it is our right to eat whatever inferior animals are under our dominion.

So what if a highly advanced, super-intelligent alien species arrives, subjugates us, and becomes the dominant species on the planet? Presumably meat-eaters should have no problems with their systematically breeding, caging, slaughtering and eating us - it would be their right as our superiors.

Any thoughts?

Pretty sure if a superior race came here and harvested us it wouldn't give two ****s about its right to eat us. They can go ahead, we have nukes.
What you've just said is that we breed the animals because we eat them and we eat the animals because we've bred them. What gives us the right to do any of that?

The right? Highly irrelevant, as what higher power judges us for this?

We have the opportunity and ability to breed and consume animal produce for the benefit of our own species, so we do. :cute:

Carnivorous and omnivorous species are everywhere, we're just more efficient at it.
I've spoken with plenty of animal-eaters in my time,
Any thoughts?

you mean normal people?
Original post by TelAviv
What gives a lion the right to eat an antelope?

That's like asking "what gives a mother lion a right to eat her own cubs" .... or a male lion from killing cubs.

In context, we are vastly superior (at least supposed to be) in terms of intelligence and morality. We don't need to adopt a lion's way of life. In fact we can dismiss it as brutal and barbaric.
Reply 24
For anyone that has got a spare 5 minutes:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by mohammed himself
you mean normal people?

It used to be 'normal' to beat your wife, have black slaves, marry a child e.t.c Now I'm not comparing the consumption of animals to these things but I'm just trying to illustrate that just because something is considered to be 'normal' in this period of time, it doesn't mean that it's morally right/okay. :smile:
Original post by goam
It used to be 'normal' to beat your wife, have black slaves, marry a child e.t.c Now I'm not comparing the consumption of animals to these things but I'm just trying to illustrate that just because something is considered to be 'normal' in this period of time, it doesn't mean that it's morally right/okay. :smile:

Cuck!
All I can do is try to persuade you.

Trust me. Don't waste your time.
Reply 28
Cuck!

Wow what an intelligent response!! You must be so smart.
Original post by goam
Wow what an intelligent response!! You must be so smart.

Smarter than you, lefty degenerate
If veganism gives you a sense of purpose, then good for you.
Original post by goam
There's literally no valid argument against vegetarianism apart from 'meat tastes nice' People will make up any excuse to continue doing it

what gives us the right to eat vegetables ? just because they are not cute and furry does not mean we can treat them with contempt. *
Original post by Drewski
You choose not to eat animals or use animal products. Fine.

I do.

By what right do you get to dictate what choices I make?

If you believe animals deserve rights then it can be dictated. What right does the UN have to dictate human rights to you?
Reply 33
Original post by the bear
what gives us the right to eat vegetables ? just because they are not cute and furry does not mean we can treat them with contempt. *

:rofl: I really really hope you're joking
Original post by goam

this is exactly the hurtful position which people took thirty years ago when animal rights were first asserted. *
Reply 35
Smarter than you, lefty degenerate

lmao :laugh:
Original post by goam

I really hope YOU'RE joking, lefty scum!
Reply 37
I really hope YOU'RE joking, lefty scum!

I've won more than 38, gimp!
Reply 39
I've won more than 38, gimp!

I think i'll just leave it here....

Latest