The Student Room Group

Is it possible to love somebody else?

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Sounds like you've got a severe case of Oneitis
It will pass with time, just try focusing on yourself and meeting new people :smile:
Runescape relationships.. Oh man I had a fair few of those growing up, never actually met anyone off of runescape, played the game religiously up until about 2013 when I decided it was getting too unhealthy.

What you need is to forget about love, forget forget forget, move on, and then it will come flying back at you in the future in a way you could never imagine, i've had what you had with girls, no way near the same time scale, but i've gone through the phases where I know im slowly losing them, it took me weeks to get over it, I had to watch a girl I loved fall for a rich guy who drove a range rover and spoilt her, I couldn't do anything about it he finessed her off my hands, I was a broke university student.

As time passes you heal, I know when you think about it right now you wonder to yourself how the hell can i possibly get over this? Im crippled! But you get over it, everyone does eventually. You have to look at the person differently, you have to search for the reasons why that person wasnt good for you, you have to tell yourself you can do better than that. But the biggest thing is this, that person ended it you over email after years of talking to you. That person isn't a very nice person if they're doing something like that, thats not the sort of person you want to be with, tell yourself that, and trust me you'll get over it :smile:

Edit: Check your inbox loserrrrr :u:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Foo.mp3
Well, I guess this revelation explains a thing or two :rolleyes:

Apparently you were wrong/picked the wrong guy

You feel like you had your time wasted? Karma can be a ***** :console:

Based on what? **** all. That’s just your fears/insecurities talking. Life goes on

Yes. Here’s a good place to start. Good luck kid :yy:

did you both have a romantic history? :curious: :gasp:
Reply 4
Original post by yoda123
Sounds like you've got a severe case of Oneitis
It will pass with time, just try focusing on yourself and meeting new people :smile:

I'm trying to - only problem is, I don't have that many people in my life! I had a very small circle and I kind of alienated them while I was in my relationship as my ex had moved to a new city and had no one and so I felt like I had to give him all my time.

Original post by Apocrypha
Runescape relationships.. Oh man I had a fair few of those growing up, never actually met anyone off of runescape, played the game religiously up until about 2013 when I decided it was getting too unhealthy.

What you need is to forget about love, forget forget forget, move on, and then it will come flying back at you in the future in a way you could never imagine, i've had what you had with girls, no way near the same time scale, but i've gone through the phases where I know im slowly losing them, it took me weeks to get over it, I had to watch a girl I loved fall for a rich guy who drove a range rover and spoilt her, I couldn't do anything about it he finessed her off my hands, I was a broke university student.

As time passes you heal, I know when you think about it right now you wonder to yourself how the hell can i possibly get over this? Im crippled! But you get over it, everyone does eventually. You have to look at the person differently, you have to search for the reasons why that person wasnt good for you, you have to tell yourself you can do better than that. But the biggest thing is this, that person ended it you over email after years of talking to you. That person isn't a very nice person if they're doing something like that, thats not the sort of person you want to be with, tell yourself that, and trust me you'll get over it :smile:

Edit: Check your inbox loserrrrr :u:

Runescape was the thing back then! I loved it so much.

It's so hard to forget though, especially when we lived side by side for 2 years. He honestly slept in my flat every day or vice versa - we barely spent moments apart (unless I was at uni/he was at work) and we both went to Edinburgh alone and gave each other all our time so everything we did, we did together.. that includes things such as food shopping, going out, exploring etc. I honestly have no clue how I'm going to be able to live in Edinburgh and do all these things and just forget that I did it with them and was so happy during it all. I know it's the whole "time heals everything" but I can't live every single day crying every time I think about it. It sucks so much :frown:

But like you've said, I'm talking to myself a lot, telling myself that he wasn't that good and he had many flaws and didn't treat me right a lot of the time. It isn't working as much as I'd like it to but I guess I'll get there.

Hahaha I'll reply to it now ♥︎

Original post by Foo.mp3
Well, I guess this revelation explains a thing or two :rolleyes:

It happens to the best of us! :wink:

Apparently you were wrong/picked the wrong guy

I think so too. I'm seriously regretting it all.

You feel like you had your time wasted? Karma can be a ***** :console:

Why am I deserving of karma? If that's what you mean..?

Based on what? **** all. That’s just your fears/insecurities talking. Life goes on

Based on the fact that I've loved him for 7 years, from such a young age. He was my first everything (first love, first kiss, loss of v card) and any boy who hit on me up until I met him, I couldn't show any affection towards and all I did was compare them to him and they all seemed so flawed in comparison.

Yes. Here’s a good place to start. Good luck kid :yy:

I'll have a read of the thread, thank you :smile:

Original post by queen-bee
did you both have a romantic history? :curious: :gasp:

I think he's either referring to the fact that I was always on TSR and then suddenly stopped, or the fact that he used to be extremely flirtatious and I would join in.

Btw, I love how your signature is Arabic/English - 'life is beautiful/pretty' :love:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by euphrosyne
I'm trying to - only problem is, I don't have that many people in my life! I had a very small circle and I kind of alienated them while I was in my relationship as my ex had moved to a new city and had no one and so I felt like I had to give him all my time.

Runescape was the thing back then! I loved it so much.

It's so hard to forget though, especially when we lived side by side for 2 years. He honestly slept in my flat every day or vice versa - we barely spent moments apart (unless I was at uni/he was at work) and we both went to Edinburgh alone and gave each other all our time so everything we did, we did together.. that includes things such as food shopping, going out, exploring etc. I honestly have no clue how I'm going to be able to live in Edinburgh and do all these things and just forget that I did it with them and was so happy during it all. I know it's the whole "time heals everything" but I can't live every single day crying every time I think about it. It sucks so much :frown:

But like you've said, I'm talking to myself a lot, telling myself that he wasn't that good and he had many flaws and didn't treat me right a lot of the time. It isn't working as much as I'd like it to but I guess I'll get there.

Hahaha I'll reply to it now ♥︎

It happens to the best of us! :wink:

I think so too. I'm seriously regretting it all.

Why am I deserving of karma? If that's what you mean..?

Based on the fact that I've loved him for 7 years, from such a young age. He was my first everything (first love, first kiss, loss of v card) and any boy who hit on me up until I met him, I couldn't show any affection towards and all I did was compare them to him and they all seemed so flawed in comparison.

I'll have a read of the thread, thank you :smile:

I think he's either referring to the fact that I was always on TSR and then suddenly stopped, or the fact that he used to be extremely flirtatious and I would join on.

Btw, I love how your signature is Arabic/English - 'life is beautiful/pretty' :love:

ah I didn't realise it was heavily flirtatious messages sent back and forth.

Thanks *

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending