The Student Room Group

Insomnia/cant sleep/chat forum

Scroll to see replies

Death never sleeps. Death is always awake. Death can help with your sleep problem permanently!
Original post by ZuluK
Awwww have you said that to them? Told them to leave you alone?? They do mean well and its their job. But they can be over bearing. It's nice they care thoug :redface:

Awww let me know how you get on! And if you manage to get an appt!

:lovehug:

Yeh I told them :redface: was quite insistent but apparently they have to put 'my safety before my wishes' it's not like im unsafe lol i walk everywhere usually :redface: and yeh i suppose :redface:
Thank you lovely :lovie2: hope you are well and that you managed to sleep :lovehug: xxxx
Original post by Grimm Reaper
Death never sleeps. Death is always awake. Death can help with your sleep problem permanently!

Well, that's a bit grim :colonhash:

:rofl:
Original post by Anonymous
Yeh I told them :redface: was quite insistent but apparently they have to put 'my safety before my wishes' it's not like im unsafe lol i walk everywhere usually :redface: and yeh i suppose :redface:
Thank you lovely :lovie2: hope you are well and that you managed to sleep :lovehug: xxxx

Awwww yeah Unfortunately they have to do that :redface:

Working in the NHS, there's so many protocols we have to abide by even if the patient isn't happy. So I can imagine what teachers have to go through.

Did you get through to the ENT? And what did they say? :h:

How did you sleep? :lovehug:
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Sleep is for the weak anyhow :colonhash:

So how strong are you? :tongue:

Or are you a weakling? :teehee:
Original post by ZuluK
So how strong are you? :tongue:

Or are you a weakling? :teehee:

Well though I sleep late, I typically get in the range 6-9 hours, which is average...so I guess averagely strong. :colonhash:
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Well though I sleep late, I typically get in the range 6-9 hours, which is average...so I guess averagely strong. :colonhash:

Soooooo just average? :tongue: Neither strong or weak? :wink:
Original post by ZuluK
Soooooo just average? :tongue: Neither strong or weak? :wink:

I will accept that assessment
Original post by ZuluK
Awwww yeah Unfortunately they have to do that :redface:

Working in the NHS, there's so many protocols we have to abide by even if the patient isn't happy. So I can imagine what teachers have to go through.

Did you get through to the ENT? And what did they say? :h:

How did you sleep? :lovehug:

Yeh I guess so :/
And yeh that is true, I mean I really didn't want to be sent home but i'm not allowed to go into school until at least Friday 'for my own safety' :redface:
and yeh, I got tablets for my balance and ear drops :smile:
and wow you work for the NHS? :eek2:
and quite well lovely, how did you sleep? :lovehug: xx
Yeh I guess so :/
And yeh that is true, I mean I really didn't want to be sent home but i'm not allowed to go into school until at least Friday 'for my own safety' :redface:
and yeh, I got tablets for my balance and ear drops :smile:
and wow you work for the NHS? :eek2:
and quite well lovely, how did you sleep? :lovehug: xx

You have a few days off and you can relax?? I love it when they say "for your own safety" 😂😂😂 you're like "you just don't want hassle"

Might as well just go on Monday now :colondollar:

Awww that's good! Hopefully they'll work and you'll get better! :h:

Haha yep, I'm a radiography student but I work in the NHS on weekends to get money in :lol:

What have you done today? :lovehug:
Original post by ZuluK
You have a few days off and you can relax?? I love it when they say "for your own safety" 😂😂😂 you're like "you just don't want hassle"

Might as well just go on Monday now :colondollar:

Awww that's good! Hopefully they'll work and you'll get better! :h:

Haha yep, I'm a radiography student but I work in the NHS on weekends to get money in :lol:

What have you done today? :lovehug:

Ik but im worried about missing lessons :redface:
:lol: tbh i do think they care but as well part of it is if i have an accident they would be liable i suppose? :s-smilie:
thank you lovely x
WHOOAA :eek2: omg you must be like a genuis :eek3:
nothing much tbh ever since i got sent home, these medicines cause drowsiness so if i wasnt already tired i deffo am now lol :lazy:
Wbu lovely? :hugs: x
Ik but im worried about missing lessons :redface:
:lol: tbh i do think they care but as well part of it is if i have an accident they would be liable i suppose? :s-smilie:
thank you lovely x
WHOOAA :eek2: omg you must be like a genuis :eek3:
nothing much tbh ever since i got sent home, these medicines cause drowsiness so if i wasnt already tired i deffo am now lol :lazy:
Wbu lovely? :hugs: x

Hahaha you can catch up on lessons! Take the time to eat sleep and watch tv and do whatever the heck you want! :lol:

Awww yesh they would be held liable :redface: which is why extra caution!

Hahaha nope not a genius. Degree is pretty basic :tongue: not like a med degree or anything where it's absolutely crazily hard!

Awww I hope you have been sleeping! :redface: watch movies in bed and let the sleep take over :biggrin:

:lovehug:
Reply 2352
Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D
I would like to make an official thread for those who have insomnia or simply just can't sleep, maybe it's too cold, got things on your mind, or too busy on tsr Talk to us !! We're here for you

I think technology is a massive distraction. I feel tired all day every day when i dont get more than 9/10 hours sleep and even when i do i still feel drousy. Its like i can feel tired all day and then when it comes to about 11/12 at night my brain is like nah you aint sleeping for quite a while and i then end up waking up at 12pm the next day.
evening
Ughh, as I was about to go to bed, a landlord wrote back about a flat he's renting and he said he'll call me tomorrow to discuss it all. And now I'm all nervous cause I might've finally found a decent flat that's decently priced and the landlord is fine with renting to a student.

Now I can't sleep because of that but I also don't know when he's going to call tomorrow so I want to wake up at a reasonable time and I also don't know if I'll be able to take a nap in the days since I don't know if he'll call in the morning or evening or sometime in between.
Doing a job application for 9am, want to sleeppppp
Noooooo everyone stay awake with me :redface:

:lol: :colondollar:

Sleep well loveliessss!! Hope you all have dreamless sleeps :h:
Original post by ZuluK
Noooooo everyone stay awake with me :redface:

:lol: :colondollar:

Sleep well loveliessss!! Hope you all have dreamless sleeps :h:

Dreamless sleeps? Naah dreams are better......... even the nightmares :devil:

:lol:
Original post by nucdev
Dreamless sleeps? Naah dreams are better......... even the nightmares :devil: