Access to Leeds applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
How are you finding the law assignment?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by eja5
Yes, never done philosophy either as I've applied for PPE. Pretty stumped.

me too! this q is making me rethink PPE- it's so abstract. I did philosophy A level, but this is nothing like what i've learnt. Have you sent the draft in yet? Chris sounds nice though X
Reply 22
Original post by katiecourtt
me too! this q is making me rethink PPE- it's so abstract. I did philosophy A level, but this is nothing like what i've learnt. Have you sent the draft in yet? Chris sounds nice though X

I know I'm also re-thinking PPE! I only properly looked at the q on Sunday so haven't even started writing, just trying to get good notes to work from. Have you sent in a draft? X
Anyone doing the politics assingment and how are you finding it?
Original post by eja5
I know I'm also re-thinking PPE! I only properly looked at the q on Sunday so haven't even started writing, just trying to get good notes to work from. Have you sent in a draft? X

Yeah i sent in my draft, i thought he'd give really detailed feedback but it was literally a few sentences. To be honest, i've done it so badly but he said it was okay so i wouldn't worry too much, i think it's just to assess whether we can actually handle uni. I've done most of it but i'm going to send it to people to try and see if they can improve it but as long as i get a pass i'll be happy(; X
Reply 25
hi, if anyone is doing biological sciences and can view the questions for the practice maths test, I'd be really grateful if you could post screenshots of the practice questions here as I'm currently unable to view them and really need to practice!
thanks
Hey pingew,

I've got the same test in the next few days and was wondering how you found it? I'm quite worried for the written test as there is barely any info on email or the VLE!
Original post by Raspire123
Anyone doing the politics assingment and how are you finding it?

I am, didn't find it too bad, mainly focused on social networking, and the transition of old media to new media - got a bit carried away actually. Started talking to much about the origins of media and politics as if it was a Wikipedia page, oh well.
Original post by Titi98
How are you finding the law assignment?

I think it's ok. I'm happy that it's only a respond with what you think rather than an assess the laws response. How are you finding it?
Does anyone know if the word limit is 1,250 for both essays, or 1,250 per essay? Thanks/
Do you guys know if the word limit for both essays is 1,250 or if it is 1,250 words per essay? Cheers
I think it was both in 1250 - at least that's what I've done!
Reply 32
Original post by drjay24
Anyone doing biological sciences and worried about the maths test?

Me! I haven't done any real maths in two years. I am dreading it. Have you done yours yet? I have no idea what to expect as the VLE is down
Reply 33
Hey how was the test, i'm doing it on friday and i don't know anything, please help!!
Original post by pingew
I'm doing to Biological sciences assignment at the uni tomorrow, anyone got any advice? I know it's a little late but the assignment seems so vague, I don't have a clue what to expect for the written assignment
Reply 34
Original post by mfox16
Me! I haven't done any real maths in two years. I am dreading it. Have you done yours yet? I have no idea what to expect as the VLE is down

Same!! i left it last minute and now i'm panicking because the vle is down, i'm working for the short piece of writing!!
Reply 35
Original post by Annehela
Same!! i left it last minute and now i'm panicking because the vle is down, i'm working for the short piece of writing!!

how are you preparing for the short piece of writing? Do you know what the topic is or what kind of subject it will be on?
Reply 36
Original post by neuro26
how are you preparing for the short piece of writing? Do you know what the topic is or what kind of subject it will be on?

Sorry, i meant i'm worrying. I just know we have to express our views about something. Apparently you can access information on 'Academic Skills' but i don't know where to find it
Reply 37
Original post by Annehela
Sorry, i meant i'm worrying. I just know we have to express our views about something. Apparently you can access information on 'Academic Skills' but i don't know where to find it

oh okay. hopefully it wont be too hard and will be a very general topic! it's the maths test that's really worrying me, have you done much revision for it?
Reply 38
How did you find it?
Reply 39
Original post by neuro26
oh okay. hopefully it wont be too hard and will be a very general topic! it's the maths test that's really worrying me, have you done much revision for it?

What kind of scores did you guys get on the maths test? I didn't do that well and am panicking everyone else will have smashed it.

Quick Reply

Latest