The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fefssdf
Ah education course woo; I'm going to do a pgce / teach first thing after my degree to become a secondary school maths teacher so I can see why you wanna do primary education I just I've education on a whole ahah .the child language acquisition part was the only bit I can say genuinely interested me this year as it has real life applications for education with phonics teaching but other stuff I just think what's the point of this like it's so irrelevant

To be honest, I've wanted to be a Primary School Teacher since I was 11... so my mind hasn't wandered :smile:. Ooohh my friend wants to do the same, she's going to the same uni as me hopefully so we will see each other and, although I don't like maths, I will make sure that it's all going smoothly :biggrin: I've just always enjoyed helping others to learn and sharing what I know! They both interested me, but when your friend sitting next to you keeps whispering 'Viking' in your ear whenever the Teacher mentions a historical date it made it more humorously interesting than it was originally. For me this year was waaayyy more relevant than last year. However, I also want to be an Author, so last year's coursework didn't feel like work to me, it just felt like I was doing something that I genuinely loved and enjoyed.

But the commentaries soon put an end to that :/
Easiest- Decision 1 (AQA)
Hardest- FP3 (AQA) Worst exam of my life :cry:
Easiest: (AQA) Sociology and Psychology Unit 3.

Almost-hardest: (WJEC) Media Studies.

Hardest: (AQA) Sociology and Psychology Unit 4.
Original post by QueenBee98
To be honest, I've wanted to be a Primary School Teacher since I was 11... so my mind hasn't wandered :smile:. Ooohh my friend wants to do the same, she's going to the same uni as me hopefully so we will see each other and, although I don't like maths, I will make sure that it's all going smoothly :biggrin: I've just always enjoyed helping others to learn and sharing what I know! They both interested me, but when your friend sitting next to you keeps whispering 'Viking' in your ear whenever the Teacher mentions a historical date it made it more humorously interesting than it was originally. For me this year was waaayyy more relevant than last year. However, I also want to be an Author, so last year's coursework didn't feel like work to me, it just felt like I was doing something that I genuinely loved and enjoyed.

But the commentaries soon put an end to that :/

The commentaries were so stupid inswear i was just writing pure lies for half it it about why I choose some specific metaphor lol .. Was pretty silly I thought judging you on your reasons for your coursework like okkk then and Yh I agree it's a lovely feeling to help others learn something . I hope to convert many maths haters to maths lovers in the future haha
Original post by fefssdf
The commentaries were so stupid inswear i was just writing pure lies for half it it about why I choose some specific metaphor lol .. Was pretty silly I thought judging you on your reasons for your coursework like okkk then and Yh I agree it's a lovely feeling to help others learn something . I hope to convert many maths haters to maths lovers in the future haha

Maths was like a rollercoaster to me, I liked it then I hated it :smile: And now I dislike it :biggrin: Oh I had no clue what to write for mine I mean, I wrote my pieces, as I did with my EPQ research on distressing-ish topics, so I was really able to get emotionally into it. I did a First Chapter and Synopsis/Newspaper article, and I enjoyed writing them both! No word of a lie, I needed a picture of someone for my second piece and I thought that if I got an image from online I could get done for copyright so I used one of myself :rofl: - at least I know that I won't get done for it!

It certainly is :smile: It's very rewarding!
Hardest: AQA English literature struggle for identity
Easiest: AQA law unit 3
Original post by milutin767
Hardest: OCR Biology Unit 4 (F214)
Easiest: OCR Chemistry Unit 4 (F324)

Literally same haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 127
Easiest: OCR English Literature AS resit Frankenstein question - it was beautiful❤️
Hardest: I'm not sure, all my A2 exams were equally difficult (OCR English Literature, AQA Drama & Theatre Studies and OCR Music) but OCR Music - vocal music section was slightly more difficult than the rest!
Hardest: OCR (salters) chemistry 4 (F335)
Easiest: either OCR chemistry 1 AS retake (F331) or OCR biology 1 AS retake (F211)
Easiest = English Language A2 (Edexcel)
Hardest= History (Aqa) they decided to ignore the existence of foreign policy which I knew off by heart </3
Original post by DarthHimmler
Easiest = English Language A2 (Edexcel)
Hardest= History (Aqa) they decided to ignore the existence of foreign policy which I knew off by heart </3

finally someone else who did edexcel english language aha - what sort of things did you write for section a question 1b when comparing the texts as i ended up writing things about how more exotic animals can be transported now thanks to the industrial revolution and increased travel and then linked it to the semantic field of animals but can see this not getting me many marks ? i also said about the use of pronouns and how the first text probably had a male audience and the other text had a wider audience and linked to increased literacy rates ? what sort of things did you mention ( if you can remember )
Original post by fefssdf
finally someone else who did edexcel english language aha - what sort of things did you write for section a question 1b when comparing the texts as i ended up writing things about how more exotic animals can be transported now thanks to the industrial revolution and increased travel and then linked it to the semantic field of animals but can see this not getting me many marks ? i also said about the use of pronouns and how the first text probably had a male audience and the other text had a wider audience and linked to increased literacy rates ? what sort of things did you mention ( if you can remember )

Oh god I cant remember what I wrote about for the life of me, I'm the kind of person who leaves an exam and forgets the entire exam and the course immediately after leaving the exam hall :biggrin: but what you said sounds good and as long as you used theorists and detailed language analysis all is Gucci :tongue: did your find the exam papers easy or difficult
hardest: aqa as chem 2
easiest: edexcel c1
Oh god I cant remember what I wrote about for the life of me, I'm the kind of person who leaves an exam and forgets the entire exam and the course immediately after leaving the exam hall :biggrin: but what you said sounds good and as long as you used theorists and detailed language analysis all is Gucci :tongue: did your find the exam papers easy or difficult

i thought it was quite easy cause i had used this powerpoint to revise off the internet which was all based on early modern english and it had good exam tips so i was just kinda writing down everything i remembered from the powerpoint as the text given was thankfully from the early modern english era ! the child lang section was quite easy cause for the first bit i just talked about phonetic spelling and used the IPA and linked to phonics teaching and then talked about grammar and the SVO form and then for the 40 marker i just named dropped a tonne of theories and tried to mention ' in terms of context' as many times as i could and used the IPA again cause the child had a northern accent so hopefully i got decent marks - need an A on this for uni, what about yourself ?
others in my class said that the child lang bit was good but they struggled massively on the first section cause my teacher for that section was shocking ( 2 weeks before the exam we were sat playing word games in lesson.. yeh I'm serious )but luckily i used my initiative and found my own revision resources so i think i just about got away with it
Original post by fefssdf
i thought it was quite easy cause i had used this powerpoint to revise off the internet which was all based on early modern english and it had good exam tips so i was just kinda writing down everything i remembered from the powerpoint as the text given was thankfully from the early modern english era ! the child lang section was quite easy cause for the first bit i just talked about phonetic spelling and used the IPA and linked to phonics teaching and then talked about grammar and the SVO form and then for the 40 marker i just named dropped a tonne of theories and tried to mention ' in terms of context' as many times as i could and used the IPA again cause the child had a northern accent so hopefully i got decent marks - need an A on this for uni, what about yourself ?
others in my class said that the child lang bit was good but they struggled massively on the first section cause my teacher for that section was shocking ( 2 weeks before the exam we were sat playing word games in lesson.. yeh I'm serious )but luckily i used my initiative and found my own revision resources so i think i just about got away with it

Wow that teacher does sound dreadful, but it sounds like you knew what you were on about. It went well for me, I always found the mocks relatively easy leading to the exam relative easy due to the way it's possible to know exactly what they're looking for, and as long as you tick those boxes you can get good marks. I also need an A for uni but I only got a B last year since I neglected to revise and didn't really accept the importance of the exams - hopefully I did well enough for an A overall though! :P
Wow that teacher does sound dreadful, but it sounds like you knew what you were on about. It went well for me, I always found the mocks relatively easy leading to the exam relative easy due to the way it's possible to know exactly what they're looking for, and as long as you tick those boxes you can get good marks. I also need an A for uni but I only got a B last year since I neglected to revise and didn't really accept the importance of the exams - hopefully I did well enough for an A overall though! :P

ahhh wow same here ! I also got a B last you cause i thought i would just wing it so didn't revise whatsoever for the exam and ended up with a C in the exam and a B overall... i retook the AS exam but gosh it was awfulllllllll so i just hope the A2 exam and my coursework which was an A* will be enough to scrape it but i can't help but think a mean examiner will cost me it by a few marks ahh
Original post by fefssdf
ahhh wow same here ! I also got a B last you cause i thought i would just wing it so didn't revise whatsoever for the exam and ended up with a C in the exam and a B overall... i retook the AS exam but gosh it was awfulllllllll so i just hope the A2 exam and my coursework which was an A* will be enough to scrape it but i can't help but think a mean examiner will cost me it by a few marks ahh

Haha that's basically all I did for my exams last year xD I didn't bother doing the retake though - I know I would have fail it in a spectacular fashion - I'm sure you'll get an A, and it doesn't matter if you do just scrape it, an As an A after all
Haha that's basically all I did for my exams last year xD I didn't bother doing the retake though - I know I would have fail it in a spectacular fashion - I'm sure you'll get an A, and it doesn't matter if you do just scrape it, an As an A after all

yh i know i couldn't care about the marks just want the grade and yh the retake was just a joke. we had to analyse gravestones from famous people and i flopped cause i wrote a paragraph for a 15 marker after thinking i had 20 mins left when i had 5 in reality.... opossums
hardest: AQA core 2 how anyone found it easy is an actual mystery to me
easiest: AQA decision 1
all of my exams were terrible:smile::smile::smile:
Reply 139
Hardest: tie between AEA from Edexcel, CIEP DALF C1 the listening and writing parts and I suppose CIE Literature paper 6 (I think).
Literature was difficult because of panicking and doing a bad question so, I can't blame the difficulty.
Easiest: don't enjoy calling exams easy

Latest