The Student Room Group

Certified birth certificate.

I have just enrolled and registered to start my degree in Criminology and Psychology with Open University. The course is due to start on 01/10/2016.

I am really excited and today I made my application for student finance. This is all really new to me, and I am a little confused/anxious/scared.
I don't have a valid passport to send in or give details as my ID for student finance. They say that an original birth certificate is the next best thing for me to send in.
I've asked my mum to find it, but all we can find is a birth certificate that says "certified copy" at the top.
It is all a very formal, genuine, certified certificate - my Mum paid for the copy but it isn't the "original" that they asked for.

I want to get it all my papers sent off tomorrow, but don't want to send off this "certified copy" if it isn't going to be enough for them.

Does anybody know if they will accept this? And if not, does anybody know what else I can do? My passport has expired and has been for a few years now.

HELP. I really want to get all of this done and sorted, ready for me to look forward to it and be able to start calmy and organised.
Thank in advance! :u:
Original post by _hmelli
I have just enrolled and registered to start my degree in Criminology and Psychology with Open University. The course is due to start on 01/10/2016.

I am really excited and today I made my application for student finance. This is all really new to me, and I am a little confused/anxious/scared.
I don't have a valid passport to send in or give details as my ID for student finance. They say that an original birth certificate is the next best thing for me to send in.
I've asked my mum to find it, but all we can find is a birth certificate that says "certified copy" at the top.
It is all a very formal, genuine, certified certificate - my Mum paid for the copy but it isn't the "original" that they asked for.

I want to get it all my papers sent off tomorrow, but don't want to send off this "certified copy" if it isn't going to be enough for them.

Does anybody know if they will accept this? And if not, does anybody know what else I can do? My passport has expired and has been for a few years now.

HELP. I really want to get all of this done and sorted, ready for me to look forward to it and be able to start calmy and organised.
Thank in advance! :u:

Yes they should accept that, i think mine is a certified copy and i've never had any problems:smile:
The birth certificate will be in english or it is acceptable also in original language of country?
Reply 3
Original post by onetradition
The birth certificate will be in english or it is acceptable also in original language of country?

My birth certificate is English.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending