The Student Room Group

Is this really what feminism is about? :/

So I saw something very weird in public today, and I'd love everyone's take on it.

So I was sitting there, on a park bench with my mate, playing pokemon go (sorry xD). This bench is near the playground bit, so there was looooads of people around us.

Anyway, I notice a couple arguing. I was trying not to listen but whilst focusing on my screen it was hard not to pick up the main bits. Essentially this women had cheated on the guy. I don't think they were married but they were definitely in a long term relationship as aspects of the conversation implied they lived together. They were both mid 20's.

Anyyyyway. So they're arguing, and this women had slept with her boyfriends mate (clearly quite a close mate) whilst he was at work. They kept arguing and having then a couple minutes of silence but they were just standing there arguing. Then it started to get a little shouty, not too many people seemed bothered as it was quite crowded and they werent screaming, just close enough and load enough to completely take my attention. The guy started getting emotional (tears, constantly rubbing his eyes) whilst the girl actually seemed angrier than him. Of course I don't know the situation fully but she was apologetic at first then was annoyed that he got upset by it. Eventually, he grabs her by the arms, quite forcefully but clearly out of desperation and hope, and said "shut up" quite loudly, then softly said please, let me talk. I nearly cried tbh, he looked so lost. Anyway, another women (wearing a very pro-feminist sarcasticly rude slogan on her t-shirt, which is where I got this from) basically walked over and pushed this guy to the ground and started yelling abuse at him, at first I thought it was a friend of the cheating woman but it happened to be nobody to them. Anyway she was accusing him of harrassing her, and started shouting that he was being agressive/ more lies. The cheating women seemed in shock for this 30 seconds, at the end of which I got up and confronted this feminist saying she was lying. At this point at least 15 people were watching. I tried to be as nice as possible, and although I probably shouldn't of got involved, I was quite annoyed at how aggressive she was being to a man she'd clearly never met (the man was constantly saying "who are you":wink:. Anyway I ended my 30 second "speech" if you will, with "please just leave them alone it's nothing to do with you, don't make up things" and she started saying I was sympathising with an abuser?

I left out a lot of details, but I've never seen anyone so angry, so for it to be a feminist, who I thought were supposed to be the morally correct of the world, and for it to be based on false assumptions, I was shocked.

I'll admit I've always had a negative opinion on feminism, purely because of those getting the media coverage tend to be a little radical, but seeing this really shocked me.

Is this something that all feminists would do? Or is this just a one off? Never seen such a public fuss over something not related to the person causing the scene? I'm 101% sure neither of these people knew this feminist, as the couple got away from her and stuck together after a few older people stepped in and helped calm the situation. She shouted a lot of abuse at me, never felt so hated in my life. Anyone else ever experience something similar? Should I have done something differently, am I in the wrong? Kinda annoyed me, I feel guilty.
(edited 7 years ago)
These are the kind of feminazis feminists that think asking "how does it feel to be the same gender as Donald Trump?" is an extremely intelligent and debate-winning question.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
These are the kind of feminazis feminists that think asking "how does it feel to be the same gender as Donald Trump?" is an extremely intelligent and debate-winning question.

I've never heard a feminist say that, that seems a bit extreme. I don't really believe you, but after today I don't have a clue xD Not to be rude but I doubt they use that as an argument.
Feminism must be eradicated.
Reply 4
Original post by ComputerMaths97
I've never heard a feminist say that, that seems a bit extreme. I don't really believe you, but after today I don't have a clue xD Not to be rude but I doubt they use that as an argument.

That exact question was on a buzzfeed "feminist's questions for men" vid I think
Reply 5
She probably didn't know the gf was cheating, but yes I agree that was wrong. Not all feminists are like that; I'm certainly not.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
That exact question was on a buzzfeed "feminist's questions for men" vid I think

Oh my word just searched that and found it... but that's a parody right? All the questions seem a little sarcastic/ meant to be funny.

Original post by drowzee
She probably didn't know the gf was cheating, but yes I agree that was wrong. Not all feminists are like that; I'm certainly not.

True, however I did tell her the gf was cheating when I spoke, she did tone it down a bit after that, in terms of towards the man, but she was still angry, just towards me instead mostly.

What would you have done if you saw what looked like some sort of male-on-female harrassment? I can understand why she thought he was being a bit rough, the part I don't get is her reaction.
Reply 7
Yes feminists are generally like that. You mentioned radical feminist but actually they are the mainstream so they are not a fringe. A basic thing about feminists is that they have an anti male mentality so it's no surprise that vile feminist did what she did.
Reply 8
I'm surprised you don't know what feminism is REALLY about. This story is just the tip of the iceberg.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending