The Student Room Group

Reue's Making Money Blog

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reue
Jog on LittleSophie

This is all very brutal, just PM her you meanie.
Original post by tomtjl
How much time and effort does it require to earn money from matched betting?

quite a bit depending on how much you aim to make monthly
Reply 102
Original post by tomtjl
How much time and effort does it require to earn money from matched betting?

Takes awhile when you first get started, but once you get used to it it then becomes much quicker.

For instance I've just done a new account signup offer. Took me about 3 minutes to do the signup/deposit/betting and I know it will make £17.50 profit later on today.
Reply 103
Original post by 999tigger
This is all very brutal, just PM her you meanie.

I'll just slide right into those PMs :wink:
Reply 104
I've been rubbish at keeping this up to date, but so much has changed recently I've been mega busy.. not even had time to troll TSR :wink:
I started a new job, which is actually back at my previous work but in a more senior position. Slight pay rise but nothing to shout about.

Affiliate income was £400

Kindle income has kept chugging along nicely although I reckon it will drop pretty sharpish soon. Last month I made almost £2.2k from Kindle.

Matched Betting has been going alright as well. Not a blow-away month but still pretty decent. Last month I made almost £1.9k from matched betting.

I've also started a blog website about matched betting and will be writing a guide book if I can ever get round to it :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Did you make anything rom the Euros, TDF, Wimbledon? yes you have slacked.
Original post by Reue

Kindle income has kept chugging along nicely although I reckon it will drop pretty sharpish soon. Last month I made almost £2.2k from Kindle.

how :eek:
Reply 107
Did you make anything rom the Euros, TDF, Wimbledon? yes you have slacked.

Not massive amounts. Most of the Euro offers were worth £5/£10 daily, so lots of little amounts consistently which unfortunately don't add up to too much.
Reply 108
Original post by swirly
how :eek:

I had about 750k page views on Kenp which pays £0.0024 per page read.
Original post by Reue
I had about 750k page views on Kenp which pays £0.0024 per page read.

Thats awesome. Well done.
Reply 110
Thats awesome. Well done.

Thanks, although it is dying out now. I need to put some more work into it again, haven't touched it since March.
best thing I had was all the gold that came my way following Brexit mostly sold on commission I would give numbers
but i don't see the point by the way
I have two brand new Rolexes and I'm pick up my customized e-class saloon on Friday
Original post by Reue
Thanks, although it is dying out now. I need to put some more work into it again, haven't touched it since March.

Sorry havent really followed your blog or posts. is this an ebook they can view via kindle and you get paid per view as a kind of licence/ royalty fee?

You do have an idea though about how much a new publication might work. Must be good to be able to quantify that. Obviously am not aware how much effort it takes to write. How long is the book?
Original post by Reue
A blog to keep track of my various money making schemes to try and gather...

Primary sources of income aside from the boring salary:

- Matched Betting
- Kindle Publishing
- Coaching
Do yeh pay taxes for all this?
Reply 114
Sorry havent really followed your blog or posts. is this an ebook they can view via kindle and you get paid per view as a kind of licence/ royalty fee?

Yes, exactly that

You do have an idea though about how much a new publication might work. Must be good to be able to quantify that. Obviously am not aware how much effort it takes to write. How long is the book?

Its not a single book, I have about 20 out there.
Reply 115
Original post by trustmeimlying1
Do yeh pay taxes for all this?

I have a company which earns everything except the matched betting income and so pay tax through that.

Matched betting income is regarded as gambling winnings and so not taxable in the UK.
Original post by jamesthehustler
best thing I had was all the gold that came my way following Brexit mostly sold on commission I would give numbers
I have two brand new Rolexes and I'm pick up my customized e-class saloon on Friday

How do you do this? Do you buy is as grain and then refine it somehow?
Reply 117
Original post by jamesthehustler

Congrats. I focus on the numbers because I specifically don't go out and splash the cash on fancy items.. instead I re-invest those dividends.
Original post by AngryRedhead
How do you do this? Do you buy is as grain and then refine it somehow?

it was clients bars and coins (all 33 kilos)
I took them in
stored it and resold it in bulk to a dealer who collected and paid cash (£900,000)
then divided the cuts up minus my 3% (£27,000)
I do refine scrap gold occasionally but most of the time it isn't worth it (only exceptions are un hallmarked jewellery, computer contacts and dental gold)

I just have a long list of wealthy clients
5 advertising producers, a film director, a retired GSK scientist, 2 estate agents, 2 house clearance guys, a few farmers, retirees with collections to lighten or sell on
Original post by Reue
I've been rubbish at keeping this up to date, but so much has changed recently I've been mega busy.. not even had time to troll TSR :wink:
I started a new job, which is actually back at my previous work but in a more senior position. Slight pay rise but nothing to shout about.

Affiliate income was £400

Matched Betting has been going alright as well. Not a blow-away month but still pretty decent. Last month I made almost £1.9k from matched betting.

I've also started a blog website about matched betting and will be writing a guide book if I can ever get round to it :biggrin:

Well done man. You could easily make this your day job, am I right? Concerning the Kindle, did you have to create your own book and write it from start? How much did you make in the first month compared to the last month?

Quick Reply

Latest