The Student Room Group

Get Pokemon Go from the store in UK

To avoid people download apk files with malware just to play Pokemon Go, here's a guide on how to get it officially from the store.I only have an android so this is an android guide but iPhone users should be able to do it too by adjusting the following instructions.

Guide:
1. Download VPN proxy app from the Google play store. (Best VPN from TouchVPN Inc is free and easy to use but you can use others)

2. Open the VPN proxy app and set the location to Australia and start the proxy.

3. Go to your settings - apps and find Google play store and click on it.

4. There should be an option to force stop the application, do that. Then clear the cache, should be on the same screen or under storage.

5. Make sure VPN proxy is still working and start Google play store again. Now it should think you are in Australia and allow you to download Pokemon Go.

6. Once you have the game, delete the proxy and do steps 3&4 again to reset it to your current location.

Troubleshooting:

Spoiler

Here are some images for the instructions if you need them:

Spoiler

And you're done. Now you have the official version from the store without having to worry about downloading apk files with malware.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

When is it even officially being released in the UK?

Why exactly are they not releasing it yet? It can't be because it's not working. The apk files work perfectly fine
Reply 2
Original post by Lawliettt
When is it even officially being released in the UK?

Why exactly are they not releasing it yet? It can't be because it's not working. The apk files work perfectly fine

There's no set date but they have said it should be in the following week or two.

They had problems with the servers. Because so many people download the game as soon as it got released loads of people couldn't even connect. They've been fixing that before they make it available to even more people.

If you look on the app store, loads of reviews say that they can't even connect.
Doesnt work, still cant find Pokemon Go on Google Play even after doong this :confused:
Still not working i followed the steps

Posted from TSR Mobile
I want to catch some Pokemon.
Reply 6
Original post by Wilfred Little
Doesnt work, still cant find Pokemon Go on Google Play even after doong this :confused:

Are you sure you have the proxy on for correct location and have force stopped the Google play store as well as cleared cache?

If you don't force stop it through the app setting it still runs in the background and doesn't register your change in location.

If you don't clear cache it may still use your last location instead of proxy one

And if the proxy isn't on or set on the wrong location then the phone won't think you're in the location where it is available to get and won't allow you to get it.
Reply 7
Original post by GothicShield
Still not working i followed the steps

I can see that the proxy is on, is it set to Australia? Not Austria or something?
Also have you actually forced stopped google play by going into app settings as well as clearing cache? Try doing that with the proxy on.

Edit:
Added troubleshooting and pictures to the original post.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Guys I have Pokemon GO used my American friend's account just go on GTA or something and add them on skype and snapchat and be friendly and ask them for the apple account then you can download Pokemon GO.:u::biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by Wilfred Little

added troubleshooting and images to the original post. Maybe that will help
Original post by Devify
added troubleshooting and images to the original post. Maybe that will help

Cheers, I have got it now.
Worked fine for me thanks dude :biggrin:
Tried it 3 times but still can't see it in the store?
My store is still showing in GBP so it still knows I'm in England
Reply 14
Original post by surina16
Tried it 3 times but still can't see it in the store?

Are you sure you are running the proxy for Australia and not another country? (Disconnect and connect again)
You need to make sure you have it running and you have force stopped the store as well as deleted the stored cache with the proxy running the whole time. Any of those things may have the store either use your current location or the location it was used in last.
Idk i'm still unfazed by all the pokemon hype.

I used to be a fan when i was in school. You know watching the cartoons and stuff.
Reply 16
Original post by TaintedLight
Idk i'm still unfazed by all the pokemon hype.

I used to be a fan when i was in school. You know watching the cartoons and stuff.

It's quite different from the normal games but it's nice and you can meet all these people. I went out alone today, ended up walking around with a random guy hunting for Pokemon and we tagged along with these 2 other guys for a bit too.

But I'd wait until it's properly out if you're unsure about it. Try it when you can just get it from the store with no effort
Thanks it worked for me....when i went back to the playstore i just switched toa dif account

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Devify
It's quite different from the normal games but it's nice and you can meet all these people. I went out alone today, ended up walking around with a random guy hunting for Pokemon and we tagged along with these 2 other guys for a bit too.

But I'd wait until it's properly out if you're unsure about it. Try it when you can just get it from the store with no effort

Lol seriously? Where are u from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by GothicShield
Lol seriously? Where are u from?

I live in a town near Bristol. And yeah, went out, saw quite a few people playing. Someone used a lure in a park so I went there and another guy went there because of it too. We started talking and the lure wore out then we saw someone else set one off not too far away so we decided to go there together. Met 2 guys who got there because of the lure too, chatted for a bit and traded locations for where we found different Pokemon. It was really nice and fun. The 4 of us traded Facebook invites in case any of us decide to go out again so that we have company.

Quick Reply

Latest