The Student Room Group

Could you do A-leves in one year !!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student403
least the emirates stadium is next door

at least the accommodation is swank

Pro: you wouldn't have to be stressed for two bloody years.
Cons: it's a lot of work! It would be too stressful
Maths/Physics will be straightforward to self-teach, there's less interpretation minefield of Humanities to watch out for. The mark schemes almost always tell you how to score the full marks, point by point. D&T/History might not be as easy, a tutor of some variety will help immensely (if there's an equivalent of Mr Bruff/ExamSolutions for History, that's what you need)
Original post by 171819
Could you teach yourself the content for both AS and A2 in one year, sit exams for both? How many could you do...

Pros and cons for oxbridge and or ucl etc.

My mate did that with maths. Its doable with STEM subjects for sure.
Original post by Ayman!

Nahhh wot?? :eek::confused: thats actually not bad
Original post by Zacken
There's more than one guy.

Apologies ; I'm not sure who it was specifically !
Original post by MeeranB
Do-able yeah, I failed as and a2 (very very badly) then retook them both again in the same year. What really helped me doing it though, was being around other people doing the same thing, so you have a sense of accountability

glad to here you went and did it again cause I think many people would've just given up and not bothered :smile:
Original post by Ayman!

WOW, where is this ?! that accommodation is nicer than my own house wtf I'm jealous
Original post by physicsmaths
What zackens blog. Yeh hes a proper annoying little prick sometimes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

LMAO no not Zacken. It was another guy's blog.

But...

@Zacken

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
It definitely depends on the subject. Ones that are more academic like maths or the sciences to try and get them done in one year would be mental suicide. However, ones like art or IT and the generally more creative subjects you could get done in one year. It would be hard work but if you put the work in its possible.
Original post by owen_81297
It definitely depends on the subject. Ones that are more academic like maths or the sciences to try and get them done in one year would be mental suicide. However, ones like art or IT and the generally more creative subjects you could get done in one year. It would be hard work but if you put the work in its possible.

I'd say it's the other way around. The maths and sciences are easily done in two/three months, forget a year because of how straightforward they are, whereas the more creative subjects require time to do all the coursework/resources aren't as easily available/lot more subjective, etc...
Original post by Zacken
I'd say it's the other way around. The maths and sciences are easily done in two/three months, forget a year because of how straightforward they are, whereas the more creative subjects require time to do all the coursework/resources aren't as easily available/lot more subjective, etc...

yeah your right subjects like maths can be 'easily' done in a year, it just takes alot of pratice
Original post by theBranicAc
yeah your right subjects like maths can be 'easily' done in a year, it just takes alot of pratice

Original post by Zacken

I'd say in a way you're both right as to some people (me for example) the creative subjects come easier and can be done quicker and the more academic subjects take that bit more time, not necessarily because they're harder but because it can take longer to grasp the concepts. But I suppose to a lot of people it can be reversed and the creatives take more time. Each their own I suppose.

Quick Reply

Latest