The Student Room Group

Road to A*A*A*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PlayerBB
Thank you Niraaaj, your truly an amazing friend xxx :h:

Awww - no you are the best friend ever xxx
Reply 361
Original post by Student403
Fantastic news. Hope you had a good Ramadan and have a relaxing Eid!

Thank you so much 403, Eid Mubarak and have a happy Eid yourself!! :h:
Thank you so much 403, Eid Mubarak and have a happy Eid yourself!! :h:

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 363
Original post by ninjass
Awww - no you are the best friend ever xxx

PRSOM xxx
Reply 364
Original post by doculmc7171
What degree are you doing?
Btw congrats on your scholarship to Bradford university from a fellow bradfordian 😉

MPharm, wbu ?

And thank you!! Nice to meet another Bradfordian :h:
PRSOM xxx

Haha lool - have an amazing summer xxx
Reply 366
I need some advice please:

Both my firm and insurance universities require a deposit, I cannot pay for both so I have to sacrifice either my half scholarship that I got from my firm or sacrifice my insurance university, I sent an inquiry to my firm and their answer was so straight forward that I will lose it if I didn't get the required grades! If I end up losing my grades because of 1 or 2 marks then I will not be accepted, I will lose my deposit, my accommodation deposit, my insurance university and I will end up not going to the UK to study there that is considered my dream that's why I am in a conflict of whether I should lose my scholarship or lose my insurance university that is more guaranteed and tbh I am 60% confident that I will getbthe required grades

I cannot apply through clearing because the universities in clearing have highly expensive tuition fees

If anyone could please advise me on what to do, I would appreciate that so much, I have a couple of days to decide so any openion would help :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I need some advice please:

Both my firm and insurance universities require a deposit, I cannot pay for both so I have to sacrifice either my half scholarship that I got from my firm or sacrifice my insurance university, I sent an inquiry to my firm and their answer was so straight forward that I will lose it if I didn't get the required grades! If I end up losing my grades because of 1 or 2 marks then I will not be accepted, I will lose my deposit, my accommodation deposit, my insurance university and I will end up not going to the UK to study there that is considered my dream that's why I am in a conflict of whether I should lose my scholarship or lose my insurance university that is more guaranteed and tbh I am 60% confident that I will getbthe required grades

I cannot apply through clearing because the universities in clearing have highly expensive tuition fees

If anyone could please advise me on what to do, I would appreciate that so much, I have a couple of days to decide so any openion would help :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi :hello:

It's best you make a pros & cons list here. What are your offers for both your insurance and your firm?
Reply 368
Original post by Ayman!
Hi :hello:

It's best you make a pros & cons list here. What are your offers for both your insurance and your firm?

Hey Ayman
My offer for firm: A*AA , for insurance: AAA

My firm is better, has a higher rank and is better in research quality, the accommodation is probably better at my firm

My insurance is also nice and more guaranteed

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey! I know I am little late, but after reading many of the blogs, I decided to do my own to motivate myself.

My past
Well at GCSE i got A* A*AAAABB with an A* in Maths (194/200) and in Arabic (90/100) (I was 1 mark off an A* in Physics and 3 marks off in ICT) . Honestly at GCSE I was totally moving in the wrong direction, I had friends who didn't care about what results would they get so did I, until I have realized about 3 weeks before exams that I really want to study in the UK ( I am an international student) so I tried really hard in the last minute to cope with the subjects and ended up going to exams with just solving 3 past papers of each subject.

I was surprisingly impressed with my results and decided that I really have to work hard in year 12 so I did and got 3As at AS-Level in Chemistry, Maths and Biology

AS Exam Results

Spoiler

Now
so I started year 13 thinking I just have to cope with my teachers and do well as in AS but SURPRISINGLY I have found out that my school don't offer A2 chemistry and Biology anymore due to lack of students (actually there were only two) so I decided that I have to study them on my own

I have also decided that I need to do A2 maths in January to relieve some of the stress, and since my Maths teacher refused to give any help, I taught it to myself and did it
January Exam Results

Spoiler

My classmates always criticized me and told me that this year I will feel how to get a U like, it has left a serious impact on myself so I want to prove to them and to myself that I am capable of doing it

I want to get 3A* (After January results now I am aiming for A*A*A in Chemistry, Biology and Maths respectively) because my parents don't have the capability to pay the full international fees + accommodation + living costs so I need to get 3A* to guarantee that my firm university will offer me a scholarship as it's really competent and so I can live my dream of studying in the UK and be proud of myself for a once.

I am so distracted and really scared that I won't achieve it so I made this blog to motivate me to follow my dream and not to give up!

June 2016 exams:

Spoiler

Good luck!! I really hope you get the scholarship.:h:

Regards,
The lad that organised the bio skype chat.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 370
Original post by mercuryman
Good luck!! I really hope you get the scholarship.:h:

Regards,
The lad that organised the bio skype chat.

Heey man, been a while!! Thank you so much, it means a lot :h:! I did get the scholarship, however, I am in a conflict of whether I should sacrifice it or sacrifice my insurance university :/

Regards!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey Ayman
My offer for firm: A*AA , for insurance: AAA

My firm is better, has a higher rank and is better in research quality, the accommodation is probably better at my firm

My insurance is also nice and more guaranteed

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can't pay your deposit after results?

If you miss an A* then you still get into your firm, don't you? It's just the scholarship you miss?
Reply 372
Original post by Ayman!
You can't pay your deposit after results?

If you miss an A* then you still get into your firm, don't you? It's just the scholarship you miss?

No the deadline is on the 25th of July :frown:

And unfortunately not, without the scholarship I won't be able to afford going there, that's why I am in a conflict! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
No the deadline is on the 25th of July :frown:

And unfortunately not, without the scholarship I won't be able to afford going there, that's why I am in a conflict! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

But can you afford your insurance?
Reply 374
Original post by Ayman!
But can you afford your insurance?

Yeah indeed

Posted from TSR Mobile
What grades do you think you'll probably get?

and what grades will you get worst-case scenario?
Reply 376
Original post by Student403
What grades do you think you'll probably get?

and what grades will you get worst-case scenario?

I think probably I'll get A*AA

My worst case scenario is AAB

If I was confident about the A* then I will not sacrifice my firm, however, I have lost the A* in maths because of 2 marks and that's what I am scared of, if I lose that A* then my dream is also lost with it which is driving me crazy and hurting me much and I made this thread to achieve that dream

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ayman is definitely right about the pros and cons of both but also make sure you go by your gut instinct and talk to your parents about it
I think probably I'll get A*AA

My worst case scenario is AAB

If I was confident about the A* then I will not sacrifice my firm, however, I have lost the A* in maths because of 2 marks and that's what I am scared of, if I lose that A* then my dream is also lost with it which is driving me crazy and hurting me much and I made this thread to achieve that dream

Posted from TSR Mobile

Worst case, is taking a gap year an option? I'm sure you can easily get the offers with your grades. But will the scholarships be easy to get a second time?
Reply 379
Original post by ninjass
Ayman is definitely right about the pros and cons of both but also make sure you go by your gut instinct and talk to your parents about it

My gut instinct says choose your firm but like my fears of not getting that A* is telling me well choose your insurance and the thing is I am 60% confident of getting that A* if it was higher than that then I would definitely not sacrifice the scholarship that was my main reason to study hard to get the grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending