The Student Room Group

Very confused about a guy???? Help :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Romanoff
How old are you guys?

nearly 18
Original post by Anonymous
Would you consider yourself below average looking, average , above average looking

average? why?
Original post by atlasgenius
I've just followed along and read all of the posts to this thread and I completely understand that your situation is frustrating and confusing for you; I know it's easy to say that you just need to go for it (because reality is that it's difficult for you to be the one that is continuously and desperately trying), but honestly this is probably the only way it will work out and become something more. It's obvious he's on your mind so much and it's making you upset at times, so the only way to eradicate that is by doing something about it if he won't.

He may not be reciprocating your efforts at times because he's too nervous and just as unsure what to do about it as you are, but in my opinion, he does like you and it's clear that he won't be making the first move as much as you want him to. But don't let this dishearten you.

You're young, and really you have nothing to lose if you go for it and initiate something. Ask to do something, anything. That one moment of nervousness when you ask him will most likely be completely worth the potential progression for you two thereafter. If this keeps being dragged out by you worrying if he likes you or not, if you should get over him etc. you WILL regret not acting on it when you can.

If you take away one piece of advice from this whole post, it's that life is too short to fret about things like this and get you down - honestly just act on it while you can or you will regret it. Just be yourself, and eventually you will become more confident around each other. The more you express your interest and become more comfortable with him, the more likely he will reciprocate.

Also, don't be put down that he doesn't reply on social media.. Even in this modern day, some people just don't find it interesting to message constantly instead of getting to know you in person. If you taken on the attitude that some people have recommended ('if he doesn't make the first effort then move on' kinda thing), it won't end as you want it to. I hope this helps in some way!

Thank you so much, it helped a lot. I just sometimes lack confidence to talk to him etc as I worry that he doesn't like me or doesn't want to talk to me. I get so nervous around him that when i try and talk to him, i can't think of an interesting conversation, its like my mind just wipes out all sense haha :smile: I don't think hes that into social media anyway, hes more outdoorsy. Thank you so much, what do you think I should do when I next see him?
Original post by Tobssss
It literally is that easy

trust me- its not?
Have you asked him
Out already?
Have you asked him
Out already?

No, because I keep doubting whether he likes me. One minute hes standing and talking with just me, instead of his friends or other girls, then the day after he looks at me out of the corner of his eyes sees me looking and then looks away? Then he left as fast as possible and didn't try to speak to me on this day. I'm so confused with all his mixed signals, hes not really a shy guy either, but I guess around girls he can be. I want to ask him about but I'm afraid of rejection and also, we have prom soon, i know its stereotypical but I always think that it would be weird if the girl asked the guy out?
It's okay :smile: I saw that you said your prom is approaching, right? If you really have the confidence then ask him to prom. Otherwise, if he doesn't ask you either, it's not a big deal; there is always time to connect and get to know him outside of a big cliché event (unless you're into the fancy typical couples' prom, which is fine). Just ask if he wants to go to the cinema or something, and if you don't know if he will want to go alone, mention that you could invite some other people too. Cinema is a good shout because it's friendly but could also be interpreted romantically.

Try to eradicate the hype you build around seeing him and talking to him, it will only get worse if you notice the nervousness that you gather when with him. Just try to accept that you're nervous and maybe dunno what to say, but think about how nice it will be if you manage to pull yourself together and throw out a decent conversation. It's really hard to be yourself and feel 100% ok when you're building that pressure surrounding it, however he seems nice so he won't exactly be repulsed by the fact that you're talking to him, but rather pleased instead. Let me know how things go~
Original post by atlasgenius
It's okay :smile: I saw that you said your prom is approaching, right? If you really have the confidence then ask him to prom. Otherwise, if he doesn't ask you either, it's not a big deal; there is always time to connect and get to know him outside of a big cliché event (unless you're into the fancy typical couples' prom, which is fine). Just ask if he wants to go to the cinema or something, and if you don't know if he will want to go alone, mention that you could invite some other people too. Cinema is a good shout because it's friendly but could also be interpreted romantically.

Try to eradicate the hype you build around seeing him and talking to him, it will only get worse if you notice the nervousness that you gather when with him. Just try to accept that you're nervous and maybe dunno what to say, but think about how nice it will be if you manage to pull yourself together and throw out a decent conversation. It's really hard to be yourself and feel 100% ok when you're building that pressure surrounding it, however he seems nice so he won't exactly be repulsed by the fact that you're talking to him, but rather pleased instead. Let me know how things go~

I won't see him again till next week, at my prom. and unless anything happens then, i probably won't see him ever again :'( i think about him everyday. I saw him earlier this week and he stood with his friend (who was on his own before he arrived) with his back to me for about 5 seconds and then he decided to move and stand next to his friend facing directly opposite me, and him and his friend were kinda lingering and looking at me and my friend. I just really wish he would message me or something or give me his number at prom or something. I just don't want this to be the last time i see him, i like him so much :'(
Prom is next week? Any suggestions of what i should do?
Just ask him a question say , "do you know where to get ..... For prom" or like "what time does prom start/finish" just general question like that?
Prom is next week? Any suggestions of what i should do?

How was your prom
How was your prom

not bad. He kept hanging around near me and kept wearing his sunglasses INSIDE and then looking over in my direction, maybe so that i couldn't tell he was looking directly at me. His friends kept staring at me too, and at one point they were all talking with him and said " right lets have a chat about THE GIRL." He didn't dance with me but he had some photos with me. There was an afterparty afterwards which i couldn't go to as i was still 17, and when he knew I couldn't go, he looked so sad and fed up for the entire journey.

recently he liked a photo of me on my birthday, and so I thought - life is too short, lets message him. So we had a good convo but then he stopped replying and saw the message, when it was a message that required a reply. idk if he liked me he would have answered the message but surely he must think im sorta attractive if he liked the photo of me. So confused.
not bad. He kept hanging around near me and kept wearing his sunglasses INSIDE and then looking over in my direction, maybe so that i couldn't tell he was looking directly at me. His friends kept staring at me too, and at one point they were all talking with him and said " right lets have a chat about THE GIRL." He didn't dance with me but he had some photos with me. There was an afterparty afterwards which i couldn't go to as i was still 17, and when he knew I couldn't go, he looked so sad and fed up for the entire journey.

recently he liked a photo of me on my birthday, and so I thought - life is too short, lets message him. So we had a good convo but then he stopped replying and saw the message, when it was a message that required a reply. idk if he liked me he would have answered the message but surely he must think im sorta attractive if he liked the photo of me. So confused.

It sounds quite promising..
Finally !! You messaged him , there's a start. But maybe ask him like why he just stops replying that will make him stop doing that I think? And just talk about what you guys are doing in the summer etc.

And about the prom it seems to me he has a interest in you but how do you know for sure?
Any update on this mysterious guy
Any update on this mysterious guy

not really as such. He liked a photo of just me the other month on my birthday, so maybe he is attracted to me? But i'm going to university soon and he isn't, meaning that i won't see him now, unless i bump into him back home at christmas time or something. I messaged him the day after he liked my photo and asked him for some advice for a night out somewhere, and the convo went well. He sent smileys and we continued the conversation for around an hour, but then he never replied to one of my messages, and he still hasn't. I saw him a month later out with his friends, and when he first saw me I knew he was embarrased or maybe ashamed idk? he turned his back to me and my friend when we were at the bar, instead of looking at me straight on. But then later he kept looking at me and then looking away etc then looking back. And then he got his friend to stand near me and my friend like on his own, to eavesdrop on us i think. When i saw him, he was wearing his prom shirt, which was what he was wearing when i had two photos with him at prom.

I don't really know what to do, i really like him, but he confuses me so much. I don't understand why he didn't reply to my last message, or why he turned around when he saw me. I just don't get it? I know where he works and i just hope i see him before i leave.

Any advice?
But I still can't stop thinking about him. I'm annoyed that I won't see him again properly. I just want to know if any of his has actually meant something or whether he is just flirty and like this with every other girl. :frown:
So does anyone actually think he liked me then? Why don't you think he pursued it if he did?
So does anyone actually think he liked me then? Why don't you think he pursued it if he did?

In all honesty I think he does/did like you because the signs are just so obvious .. Maybe if your not gonna see him that much just ask about what's he getting up to and about uni etc. But I think he did like you but didn't have the courage to say it
Did anything happen recently ? :smile:
Sounds to me like you might be overthinking it. That just sounds like general behaviour a friend. But, if you are interested in him then ask him out. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending