The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Anyone ever tried a depression support group? If so, how was it for you?

Lonliness is a big trigger of my depression, and I've tried many ways to battle it but with not much luck. I've found a depression support group in my area and I'm thinking of going along to try it. Part of me hopes to make friends there, but even I I don't, then at least it might help in other ways?
I wonder if they have something like that in America. Most Americans are extremely repressed
I've spent my whole summer so far lying in bed. I feel lonely and I don't want to do anything, and I do absolutely *******s all. If I even get into uni I don't want to go because it'll be wasted feeling like this. I wish I'd dropped out of school when it started to affect my mental health. Therapy doesn't work anymore, I had to bin my medication because I felt like I'd kill myself, and idk what to do now. The worst part is I don't even have a reason for feeling like this anymore.
Original post by JordanL_
I've spent my whole summer so far lying in bed. I feel lonely and I don't want to do anything, and I do absolutely *******s all. If I even get into uni I don't want to go because it'll be wasted feeling like this. I wish I'd dropped out of school when it started to affect my mental health. Therapy doesn't work anymore, I had to bin my medication because

Spoiler

, and idk what to do now. The worst part is I don't even have a reason for feeling like this anymore.

How long were you one meds?
They can often make things seem worse before getting better, but generally thats only for a couple of weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
How long were you one meds?
They can often make things seem worse before getting better, but generally thats only for a couple of weeks

I tried various ones since January. Most of them I gave 3-4 weeks but a couple I came off earlier due to side effects. The last ones made me feel genuinely closer to doing something bad than I've ever felt so I just didn't feel like it was safe to keep going. Although I think I'd been on them about 2 weeks at that point anyway.

I didn't even used to need meds, I was able to get better with some time off school and applying what I'd learned in CBT but it just doesn't work anymore.
My OCD has decided to let me enjoy my nighttimes again!
It's nice to just be able to get a good nights sleep and not feel tired in the morning!
So satisfying!
It's definitely starting to take a back step in my life. It's actually starting to disappear! I'm actually quite shocked by that! Happy but shocked!
My therapist has made this possible! I'm genuinely astounded by how good he is!
Anxiety has me awake already.
I really don't wanna go to work today when I'm like this. :cry: but I have to because I need the money. :hide:
i still have to sort out forms for esa and university. there's a voice telling me i'm going to **** it up and i can't get over it. my mum once told me to get a grip and 'put my big girl panties on' before she knew i was unwell. it was ****ing emasculating and this voice is constantly using it against me when i can't bring myself to do things. i hate this so much
I got a letter in yesterday saying my ESA medical has been cancelled and they will be in touch with another appointment date. I'll still get paid up until that appointment, won't I? I just want the medical over with. Sick of stressing over it :frown:
Original post by Spock's Socks
I got a letter in yesterday saying my ESA medical has been cancelled and they will be in touch with another appointment date. I'll still get paid up until that appointment, won't I? I just want the medical over with. Sick of stressing over it :frown:

Yes you will still get paid.
I feel like my depression is coming back :sad: :grumble: :angry:

Familiar feelings and behaviours... I literally spent the past 3/4 days either in bed or drinking and now that I've stopped, I feel really sad and stuck. I'm terrified. Especially since I'm supposed to be discussing my "last session date" with my therapist today because I'm turning 18 next week and will no longer be with CAHMS/My really good therapist. AND I feel like I am literally on square 1 - Months of recovering and getting back on my feet and changing my mindset and all for WHAT? ME TO GO BACK TO FREAKING SQUARE ONE? :angry:

The thing that annoys me the most is that I am inflicting part of this on myself by not taking my medication. I have not taken it for a while now and it didn't make much of a difference before but now I feel like if I take it, the sad feeling will go away even though that is not necessary true. I don't know what stops me everyday since I now have a daily reminder.

I feel so sick and depressed :cry2:

I also feel really lonely which may??? have triggered it. Although I know the main cause. I feel like I have no one to reach out too. All of my "friends" or people who I used to rely on are no longer there because they either slowly faded or revealed their true selves which caused me to cut them off. This is one of the biggest problems because what helped my depression last time was having people to talk to and to connect with and rely on and trust and now that foundation has just crumbled slowly before my eyes in the past month or so. I feel like I am as lonely as I was 2 year ago... when I first went looking for friends on the internet :lol: I still have people who I would still call my true friends (internet friends) which I am grateful for, about 3 of them but unfortunately they're all too far (distance wise) and too busy... or so it seems that way anyway.

I really don't want to go down this hill again.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bluemadhatter
I feel like my depression is coming back :sad: :grumble: :angry:

Familiar feelings and behaviours... I literally spent the past 3/4 days either in bed or drinking and now that I've stopped, I feel really sad and stuck. I'm terrified. Especially since I'm supposed to be discussing my "last session date" with my therapist today because I'm turning 18 next week and will no longer be with CAHMS/My really good therapist. AND I feel like I am literally on square 1 - Months of recovering and getting back on my feet and changing my mindset and all for WHAT? ME TO GO BACK TO FREAKING SQUARE ONE? :angry:

The thing that annoys me the most is that I am inflicting part of this on myself by not taking my medication. I have not taken it for a while now and it didn't make much of a difference before but now I feel like if I take it, the sad feeling will go away even though that is not necessary true. I don't know what stops me everyday since I now have a daily reminder.

I feel so sick and depressed :cry2:

I also feel really lonely which may??? have triggered it. Although I know the main cause. I feel like I have no one to reach out too. All of my "friends" or people who I used to rely on are no longer there because they either slowly faded or revealed their true selves which caused me to cut them off. This is one of the biggest problems because what helped my depression last time was having people to talk to and to connect with and rely on and trust and now that foundation has just crumbled slowly before my eyes in the past month or so. I feel like I am as lonely as I was 2 year ago... when I first went looking for friends on the internet :lol: I still have people who I would still call my true friends (internet friends) which I am grateful for, about 3 of them but unfortunately they're all too far (distance wise) and too busy... or so it seems that way anyway.

Whole PR didn't send :s-smilie:

Spoiler

I'm so sick of feeling miserable all the time :sigh: I don't get why this has happened again, it's not fair. :sad:
Original post by usycool1
I'm so sick of feeling miserable all the time :sigh: I don't get why this has happened again, it's not fair. :sad:

:console: I know what you mean :s-smilie: Is there anything bugging you or anything on your mind?
Original post by Anonymous
:console: I know what you mean :s-smilie: Is there anything bugging you or anything on your mind?

Thanks :smile: I just feel like no one around me IRL is understanding me right now and results in me unjustly taking my frustrations out on others. Now they're all ignoring me. I used to be a very patient person but now I feel horrible. :s-smilie:
Original post by bluemadhatter

Sounds very similar to me :tongue: Or they just left me when I needed them the most. It sucks eh?

Hope you feel better soon :h:
Love it when I'm left when I need people the most.
Another night, another nightmare :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Emailed my boss today to tell them I'm depressed as I can't communicate emotions.
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Emailed my boss today to tell them I'm depressed as I can't communicate emotions.

That's really brave of you :hugs:
Original post by Noodlzzz
That's really brave of you :hugs:

Maybe :colondollar:. It helped. She delegated things on my behalf so today hasn't been as stressful as it could have been :h:.

Latest

Trending

Trending