The Student Room Group

Can you manage two or more part time jobs?

Just want to know about your experience and how do you managed it between life and work? Any useful tips would be great! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Ordo
Just want to know about your experience and how do you managed it between life and work? Any useful tips would be great! :smile:

I used to work a full time job plus another part time job.

It's tough, but if you need the money...
I work 3 part time jobs and I wouldn't say it's particularly affected my relationship/grades/social life
I work three but I have the whole summer without any holidays booked so I don't have much for them to interfere with!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I also have three part time jobs and it's exhausting, but the money is nice.
Reply 5
I had 2 part time jobs last year during year 13 for about 2 months and made the wise decision to quit one of them cause it meant I wasn't really doing much revision at the weekend - wouldn't recommend it TBH
Reply 6
Original post by Reue
I used to work a full time job plus another part time job.

It's tough, but if you need the money...

How can you do full time while doing part time job?? Did you do it at day or night shift?
How much do you earn per hour and number of work hours in total per week?
Im so lazy and want to be active and earn money to save up as possible. XD

Original post by Jackieox
I work 3 part time jobs and I wouldn't say it's particularly affected my relationship/grades/social life

Cool what are these 3 kind of part time jobs? :smile:
How do you cope with it?

Original post by Edminzodo
I work three but I have the whole summer without any holidays booked so I don't have much for them to interfere with!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome what kind of 3 part time jobs? :smile:

Original post by littlenorthernlass
I also have three part time jobs and it's exhausting, but the money is nice.

Ikr so much work but its worth it in the end. What kind of 3 part time jobs? :smile:

Original post by fefssdf
I had 2 part time jobs last year during year 13 for about 2 months and made the wise decision to quit one of them cause it meant I wasn't really doing much revision at the weekend - wouldn't recommend it TBH

Cool I have 2 part time jobs at the moment and hoping to start by next week :smile:
What kind of these jobs??

Thanks again
Original post by Ordo
How can you do full time while doing part time job?? Did you do it at day or night shift?

How do you cope with it?

Ikr so much work but its worth it in the end. What kind of 3 part time jobs? :smile:

Cool I have 2 part time jobs at the moment and hoping to start by next week :smile:

Thanks again

Two in retail, one tutoring.

I make £5.30, £5.62 and £8.00 per hour.

It really varies on the week as to how much I work, I think I'm doing 29 this week.
Reply 8
Original post by Edminzodo
Two in retail, one tutoring.

I make £5.30, £5.62 and £8.00 per hour.

It really varies on the week as to how much I work, I think I'm doing 29 this week.

Cool what is minimum wage of UK? Sorry Im new to all of this.
To me I think the first two wages are low (sorry if i upset u i didnt mean to) Did you get promotion or benefits with it?
What is average work hours per week in UK?
How do you cope with 3 jobs? Is it unhealthy too much work?

Thanks for reply :smile:
I have three part time jobs right now and it can be a little stressful if on days off you have more than one job phoning you to see if you can come in but if the jobs aren't like that you'd be fine.
Original post by Ordo
Cool what is minimum wage of UK? Sorry Im new to all of this.
To me I think the first two wages are low (sorry if i upset u i didnt mean to) Did you get promotion or benefits with it?
What is average work hours per week in UK?
How do you cope with 3 jobs? Is it unhealthy too much work?

Thanks for reply :smile:

£5.30 is minimum wage for 18 years olds
Lol one part time job is enough for me :/
Reply 12
Original post by Foutre en L'air
I have three part time jobs right now and it can be a little stressful if on days off you have more than one job phoning you to see if you can come in but if the jobs aren't like that you'd be fine.

Cool how do you manage it? Im just nervous and want to do my best to cope it to prepare by next week! They would email now as preferred contact. :smile:

Original post by Foutre en L'air
£5.30 is minimum wage for 18 years olds

Ok thanks I didnt know that.

Original post by haj101
Lol one part time job is enough for me :/

Ikr but I want to do more and be active :smile:
Original post by Ordo

How do you cope with it?

Thanks again

I was working at a fast food chain and at a supermarket and now I just work at a supermarket and I love my job :smile:
I had 1 part time job that I've had since february. I only fill in when someone is ill or on holiday, or if the shop needs extra staff for a busy time. Because of that, I've worked less than 10 shifts in 6 months. I decided that I needed another job on top.

Last week, I started waitressing at a local cafe and absolutely love it! I have regular sundays plus extra time if/when they need me (so I've done 5 shifts in 10 days). The pay is better, I get tips (which my other shop/cafe doesn't do), the hours are less, and the staff are more my age (all students besides the owner and cook). So far, I still haven't heard anything from my first boss about working any extra shifs over summer so currently, I'm keeping that job until after summer. Then, if it starts to clash, I'll quit the first one and keep my other one, where I'm much happier.
Original post by Ordo

How do you cope with it?

Thanks again

I'm a student Guide (so I show people round the uni), A student ambassador (So I go out to schools and colleges doing talks) and I work at Primark as well. Pay is £7.59, £8.69 and £6.76

I've just learnt to manage, i work throughout the week so I have my weekends free for work/sociallising and I live with my boyfriend so the relationship bit is easier =)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending