The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Come on 100th post before we go bed
Just been thinking is there an robot wars type of anime?
Original post by mr T 999
Just been thinking is there an robot wars type of anime?

Angelic Layer, sort-of? :dontknow: Or Plawres Sanshiro in the 80s, I've not watched that myself though.
Well the anime is sort of similar I guess but not what I was looking for, thanks anyway Aj. I see a gap in the market now for something like this :biggrin: a robot wars type of anime will make a great anime if done right imo :yep:
Original post by mr T 999
Well the anime is sort of similar I guess but not what I was looking for, thanks anyway Aj. I see a gap in the market now for something like this :biggrin: a robot wars type of anime will make a great anime if done right imo :yep:

The only similar shows have always gone for the 'human characters controlling mini humanoid robots with super advanced technology' route (see also Gundam Build Fighters and Medabots, thinking about it), as opposed to the 'remote control cars with weapons' route of real-life Robot Wars.

For me, the latter works because of real-world physics, and the real time and effort put into designing and building the machines. I don't think it would be as exciting in anime form (or any other fictional medium for that matter). :dontknow:

Latest