Ohh? My bad...Thought you were talking about xenosmilus the extinct big cat:

As for the alien, its fictional bro, your guess is as good as anyones. lol

Come on, you must have an opinion?
Fiction > Reality

So alien > Lion
Original post by Sword of Justice
Fiction > Reality

So alien > Lion

Hmm.. I think the lion might have a chance if the xeno didn't have acid for blood. Otherwise the lion would go for its neck and get half of it's face burnt off. That's provided the lion's bite could penetrate the xeno exoskeleton.
Yeah attacking that alien thing is like a one way kamikaze, you'd need a long range weapon against them.
Yeah attacking that alien thing is like a one way kamikaze, you'd need a long range weapon against them.

Ordinary shotguns and 9mm's work against them in Alien: Isolation and Aliens. In the latter case though you'd have to pretty up close and personal with them. Not a lot of handheld weapons around nowadays could put a dint in a xeno
Predator > Alien
Predator > Alien

They're both pretty badass aliens but in this fight the Xeno takes it

[video="youtube;HBO04JXfYS8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBO04JXfYS8[/video]
Cool,
Cool,

Anyway, sorry for derailing your thread
No bigges.
Reply 90
This is only true when the size is significant, tigers or bears are not significantly bigger than lions, a rhino is, a elephant is, a hippo is, these animals are 10 x bigger in weight. A bear is at best twice as bigger, this is not significant, lions are still just as tall, can be even longer, bears are just heavier in the lower half ...humans have beaten other humans twice to even 3x there own weight.

No, siberian tigers are not heavier, did you read the latest consensus by the worlds only siberian tiger conservationist team? They are only 173 kg. and explain how weight transfers into more skill? So if you eat alot you magically are bestowed boxing experience? You are quite out there with your post, none of them are logical or even coherent.

Thousands? lol there isnt even 20 times a tiger has killed a lion on record, lets see you just post 20 in a row...thats not asking for much since I showed more than 50, have the credibility like I showed in the asiatic lion thread, like a photo of the combatants and the source, we only can go of of things that are credible, not hear say or secondary, thats how modern science works.

No, no vice versa...bears and tigers do not have manes, and the lion attacking first is not the lions problem, its the animal hes attacking problems.

These are their basic modem, no one can change this, rarity's are not the normal, we go off of what they would do per average, again not my fault bears and tigers are not as possesive, controling and aggressive as a lion usually is when it comes to food, mating, territory and protecting the cubs. Bears/tigers only territory and mating, lions have more aggressive tendency's.

Nature is not fair. And even if a polar bear did ambush a lion, it can only kill a lioness easily, not the male who is still protected by the lion. There are no instances of big maned lions being killed by the neck passed 10 if so show it, for other animals like tigers, 100's. This shows the mane is not easy to get pass, no one is saying its impenetrable but the experts have spoken on the mane, and it is his chief attribute that makes him so formidable.

I never said the lion is unbeatable, where? I already showed the link that bears have killed lions, its not even 1/3rd as much times as lions have killed bears, plus velox the polar bearesss, killed two lions, yet doesnt mentioned if they were maned. Big difference.

No there is 100% truth here, this is what we call evidence, you not excepting it is just you in denial. Much like your butt-hurtness of the mane thread, you disliked it so bad you wanted it erased, lol hwy exactly? Because it goes against your bias views? no...these facts arent going any where.

These are things you have yet to prove. Making up false assumptions and empty opinions is not what science is about. You need to provide evidence, and when you do, then we can dissect it, analyze it and weigh if it is credible and then see if it matches the opposing evidence. You brought zero, just hot air and rants. Tigers are similar but not the same as lions, they do not have:

- A mane
- A social structure that amplify's fighting skill
- Is wired more aggressive, possessive and dominant
- Is not as tall, doesnt posses the same muscularity and built
- Does not have any evidence to back up any hunting prowess over the lion

Again, there is an answer, you just dont want to accept it, you dont need thousands, you just need one having a significant amount more than the opposing, theres not only more accounts of lions killing tigers, theres more experts who agree, more historical artifacts that proves who won, more sources that says hes more durable, more sources that says hes the harder striker, more almost everything, these things have been provided, you on the other hand havent provided anything.

You do not have thousands, theres only less than 20, and in terms of maned lions, less than 10...other wise show it or stop trolling.

I can show you the instances but do I care enough knowing you can easily look it up on the kinds of websites I said in before posts?

Anyways, this is a known fact: The Romans had plenty of fights between african lions and Bengal tigers which are smaller than siberians. The tigers always won.

The King of Awadh, India owned a tiger than killed 30 lions in a row.

'
BBC News Europe

Tiger kills lion in Turkish zoo

A Bengal tiger has killed a lion at Ankara Zoo after finding a gap in the fence separating their cages, say zoo officials in the Turkish capital.

The tiger severed the lion's jugular vein in a single stroke with its paw, leaving the animal dying in a pool of blood, officials said. '

More scientific facts:
-Tigers have a much stronger bite force than a lion and have the longest teeth of all animals
- Tigers can easily stand on hind legs, so they can make use of two paws instead of one unlike lions
More facts from official website and expert opinions:
http://dinoanimals.com/animals/lion-versus-tiger-fight/

- A mane : Arguable if it does realistically make a difference
- A social structure that amplify's fighting skill : you mean lions stand back and watch lionesses do the hunting. While they occasionally do have fights between themselves its really not significant compared to the hunting tigers do.
- Is wired more aggressive, possessive and dominant: Doesnt matter if it were a fight and no escape
- Is not as tall, doesnt posses the same muscularity and built: Its not as tall but is heavier and no evidence for more muscles
- Does not have any evidence to back up any hunting prowess over the lion: As I said earlier lions dont do anything alone so their skills are less developed.

As I said earlier there will be no end to this argument because both cats have their own advantages and both cats have spectators to say this cat killed the other one. If you are looking for instances like yours go on those kind of websites they are full of them both all animals.

Furthermore, we all have opinions and our favourite cats so lets just agree to disagree.
Bears dont strike each other in the head, they push each other down, and has no defense against a neck bite:

Show me a case where a lion has his neck torn out, there isn all that much. The bears hide is not immune to attack:

After watching this huge old grizzly on trail cam, he showed up again this time with a very serious fighting wound.

~canadianguideoutfitters.com

The lion is protected in all of these areas:

Again, the bears fur is 3-5 inches long:

The thickest skin for polar bears are not at the neck but the belly:

Polar bears have black skin under which there is a layer of fat that can measure up to 4.5inches (11.5 centimeters) thick.
http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/about-polar-bears/essentials/fur-and-skin

The lion is not attacking the belly, he is attacking the neck, and head.

The tigers has no protection at the neck, they can have a big body, but whats at the neck? Nothing:

Look at the size of a 600+ lb tigers neck, it isnt even the full size of Clayton rosairs stomach area, now look at his lions neck area, its three times the size of claytons stomach area and twice his whole bodys size:

In many parts of that continent his dimensions considerably exceed those which have been mentioned as the average in the preceding part of this notice, the length being sometimes more than nine feet, and the height nearly five.The mane of the lion is not confined to the upper part of the neck, but surrounds it on the sides, and even on the chest below. It is very closely set; and the hair of which it is composed is, in the largest specimens, more than two feet in length.
https://books.google.com/books?pg=PA725&dq=mane+lion+protects+neck&ei=uyG_VNWoAoO0oQSivYLQCQ&id=CLgTAAAAQAAJ&output=html

Even a asiatic lion who has small manes have been measured up to 18 inches long:

Gheer " Forest, Kattywar, had mane eighteen inches long
https://books.google.com/books?id=26X4qZOuvecC&pg=PA136&dq=how+long+is+a+african+lion%27s+mane+inches&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwilgfTlu_HNAhVD7mMKHXt4C0UQ6AEIJTAA#v=onepage&q=how%20long%20is%20a%20african%20lion's%20mane%20inches&f=false

We are talking about 2 feet of protection vs 5 inches. Thats 4x as more protection.

When a lions mane is struck, it only effects the maned area, and the hair falls out not flesh:
https://youtu.be/KmrRStWTwig?t=38

If a lion struck a bear with his paws and razor claws he would be pulling out huge amounts of flesh.

Bears durability:

- 5 inches of fat (pain can still be felt)
- Not immune to lacerations, claws and bites all over the body
- Not durable against hard blows
- Only 3 inches of of fur
- Is highly vulnerable to neck bites and being disemboweled.

Lions durability:

- 2+ feet of mane at the neck and underside
- Lessens the effect of blunt force
- Sheaths his skin from claws and bites in the maned areas
- Makes him look bigger
- Protects against bites, claws, and entangles the claws giving him the advantage.

Bears might be more durable over all, but when it comes to the weapons and defensive anatomy, the lion is more durable where it counts. If you think a grizzly bear or polar bear is bigger than a lion at the neck area, show just one photo of a bear next to someone and having their necks bigger than that persons body. The bears lower half is where all his weight is, not his upper body. Lions are built larger in the front, bears are built larger in the bottom portions.

Using your source turns up stories of bears killing lions too, yanno
And whos hiding it? I've already showed the forum who collected almost all the records of bears killing lions, not all that much. If you find any, feel free to post them, theres only around 6 or 7 times a beat has killed a lion, post any of them you can find.

I dont use googles search because you are only lead to fan made sites who say animal A bigger than animal B, so....animal A winner. Quite stupid really.
And whos hiding it? I've already showed the forum who collected almost all the records of bears killing lions, not all that much. If you find any, feel free to post them, theres only around 6 or 7 times a beat has killed a lion, post any of them you can find.

I dont use googles search because you are only lead to fan made sites who say animal A bigger than animal B, so....animal A winner. Quite stupid really.

Where?

I'm not using Google, I'm using what you use
I already posted the site that showed some bears killing lions:
http://shaggygod.proboards.com/thread/798/historical-accounts-bears-big-interactions?page=1

If the archive doesnt have a polar bear killing a lion account, then it probably didnt happen.
I already posted the site that showed some bears killing lions:
http://shaggygod.proboards.com/thread/798/historical-accounts-bears-big-interactions?page=1

If the archive doesnt have a polar bear killing a lion account, then it probably didnt happen.

I found one that wasn't Velox but posting it will be difficult because the original source has been removed. If I printscreened it and put it on a word document maybe you would be able to see it?

Latest