The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If you can see it from a link, then just post the link, other wise if it doesnt have a source, its most likely made up by a bear fan. There are fakes to these, which is quite hilarious.
Original post by Sword of Justice
If you can see it from a link, then just post the link, other wise if it doesnt have a source, its most likely made up by a bear fan. There are fakes to these, which is quite hilarious.

Most annoyingly, TSR says my word document exceeds the data limits. Do you have an email address perchance?
I think OP has dropped a **** ton of modafinil with the amount of research done on this

Posted from TSR Mobile
No need to rush, when you can just load in the link. This thread isnt going any where any time soon. I wouldnt rely on a single account as the answer, as it will take a complement to fully understand which usually wins. You are gona need atleast the same amount of times lions have killed polar bears just to begin for opposing arguments to hold any merit.
No need to rush, when you can just load in the link. This thread isnt going any where any time soon. I wouldnt rely on a single account as the answer, as it will take a complement to fully understand which usually wins. You are gona need atleast the same amount of times lions have killed polar bears just to begin for opposing arguments to hold any merit.

Alright, fair enough, what do you say about this? :giggle:

BLACK BEAR WON BATTLE WITH AFRICAN LION.jpg
Well if you pay attention to the dates, you can see it says 1956 on it, and in florida sarsota. a easy search can show the lions that were there at the time:

http://gorillasdontblog.blogspot.com/2014/11/ringling-bros-sarasota-march-17-1956.html

Can you point out to us which one of the lions there had a large mane? You know, if the bear fans wanna brag and whine about every bear killed by a lion is some type of cub, then shouldn't both dissecting of accounts be attributed? A big maned lion is yet to have been killed by any animal 10 times in all of records, from wild to captive, I can easily show hundreds of accounts of bears with their necks ripped out by pumas, wolves, other bears, lions, tigers ect...

Why is it you cant present ten? Because like experts have stated the mane is difficult to get pass. As for that account, looks more like one of the lionesses or maneless males was injured, A black bear is no small animal you know:
http://www.bear.org/website/bear-pages/black-bear/basic-bear-facts/34-weight.html

They have been known to kill grizzlys too, as for that account no one is discrediting it, but its only one of a few that exist to back the bear, while lions have killed bears atleast 6 times with one blow. Along with hundreds of other animals.
(edited 7 years ago)
Well if you pay attention to the dates, you can see it says 1956 on it, and in florida sarsota. a easy search can show the lions that were there at the time:

http://gorillasdontblog.blogspot.com/2014/11/ringling-bros-sarasota-march-17-1956.html

Can you point out to use which one of the lions there had a large mane as I've been asking for? You know, if the bear fans wanna brag and whine about every bear killed by a lion is some type of cub, then shouldnt both dissecting of accounts be attributed? A big maned lion is yet to have been killed by any animal 10 times in all of records, from wild to captive, I can easily show hundreds of accounts of bears with their necks ripped out by pumas, wolves, other bears, lions, tigers ect...

Why is it you cant present ten? Because like experts have stated the mane is difficult to get pass. As for that account, looks more like one of the lionesses or maneless males was injured, A black bear is no small animal you know:
http://www.bear.org/website/bear-pages/black-bear/basic-bear-facts/34-weight.html

They have been known to kill grizzlys too, as for that account no one is discrediting it, but its only one of a few that exist to back the bear, while lions have killed bears atleast 6 times with one blow. Along with hundreds of other animals.

Your thread title says 'African lion vs Grizzly bear' not 'Male african lion vs grizzly bear.'

Before you say well, lion is used to refer to the male of the species and lioness is used to refer to the female, everyone knows that you can use lion to refer to both genders.

Black bears are pretty small amongst bears :laugh: I just find it amusing how such a tiny bear could have led to even a lioness getting destroyed.
Ohh? Was the weights given? Because a lion named parnell was noted to kill a 1,750 lb bear, thats 4 times the size of your average lion, can you show me account of a bear killing a lion 4x its size?

lol Yet lionesses like spit fire have killed grizzly bears, doesnt matter what gender you wanna pick, but if bear fans wanna cry like babys about only using 1,500+ pound bears, than atleast they/you can find one single big maned lion killed by a bear.

But you cant, all you have is butt hurt gestures like a 1 lb black bear killed a 1 ton lioness. Wasnt that your motive, or are you just upset that I already showed these accounts and you are yet to have presented anything new of a bear killing a lion, other than this magical one only you can see but cant upload?

Lions winning 25+
Bears winning less than 7

Lion > Bear

Ha ha
Ohh? Was the weights given? Because a lion named parnell was noted to kill a 1,750 lb bear, thats 4 times the size of your average lion, can you show me account of a bear killing a lion 4x its size?

lol Yet lionesses like spit fire have killed grizzly bears, doesnt matter what gender you wanna pick, but if bear fans wanna cry like babys about only using 1,500+ pound bears, than atleast they/you can find one single big maned lion killed by a bear.

But you cant, all you have is butt hurt gestures like a 1 lb black bear killed a 1 ton lioness. Wasnt that your motive, or are you just upset that I already showed these accounts and you are yet to have presented anything new of a bear killing a lion, other than this magical one only you can see but cant upload?

Lions winning 25+
Bears winning less than 7

Lion > Bear

Ha ha

I'm not upset about anything my dear, on the contrary, I thought I made it clear on my last post I found it funny? That's the opposite of being upset
Nah, your butthurtness carrys from the other thread where you made empty claims where bears always won in the roman arenas, yet I showed the records, and only the lion was shown winning of the two, seems more like you were even more butt hurt that I gave the same link where it shows multiple bears being killed by lions, yet you couldn't find even one polar bear that killed a male lion.

Dont need to hide your ulterior motives bro, we all seen your post on your last bit.
Nah, your butthurtness carrys from the other thread where you made empty claims where bears always won in the roman arenas, yet I showed the records, and only the lion was shown winning of the two, seems more like you were even more butt hurt that I gave the same link where it shows multiple bears being killed by lions, yet you couldn't find even one polar bear that killed a male lion.

Dont need to hide your ulterior motives bro, we all seen your post on your last bit.

If you say so :smile:
Heres what you said:
Where are these heaps more? Didnt sound like you were laughing, more like a fake laugh to cover your butt hurt...and more like a desperate attempt on something you know nothing of.
Heres what you said:
Where are these heaps more? Didnt sound like you were laughing, more like a fake laugh to cover your butt hurt...and more like a desperate attempt on something you know nothing of.

Yes, I've already admitted that using the smart guys of QI was bad for an argument, so shoot me. I thought they could be trusted. Now drop it, I've moved on personally ages ago but it looks like you haven't
Awww, thought you said you werent mad? How can you have moved on when you're still making stuff up, wheres this account of a polar bear killing a lion you just saw, but cant upload, just give me the name of the site, criteria or where abouts and I'll go get it and link it in...

Or are you ********ting yet again?
Awww, thought you said you werent mad? How can you have moved on when you're still making stuff up, wheres this account of a polar bear killing a lion you just saw, but cant upload, just give me the name of the site, criteria or where abouts and I'll go get it and link it in...

Or are you ********ting yet again?

:yawn:

You are boring me now, I already asked for your email so I can send you it but you declined to give it. If you choose not to believe it then that's your choice
Ha ha ha, yeah, what evers, thats why you are non stop trolling the thread. Why would I give you my email, so you can post endless of times the romans had bears kill lions? Pft ha ha ha,

So still no criteria on this polar bear source?

Didnt think so.
TL;DR OP's thread killed me

Latest