The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know how to download it on phones which haven't got the google app store or Apple app store?
Original post by CrazyKittenLady
Anyone know how to download it on phones which haven't got the google app store or Apple app store?

Are you on android? Could get it from APKmirror?
Yeah I have a Amazon fire phone lol! Where can I get a APK mirror from? xxx
Reply 363
My phone isn't compatible:frown: have it on my tablet but obviously can't exactly go go walking around with my tablet everywhere:frown:
Apparently a drinking fountain is a Pokestop? Oh well it's only down the road
I'd play it but it requires me to leave my house.
Reply 366
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I've decided to name my Pokemon after current political personalities :yep:

pokemongo.png

I thought you liked Bulbasaur? Now you're giving the poor thing a name like that?
Just downloaded, but I live on a farm... There are no Pokemon anywhere in the vicinity of the mile walk I just took :sigh: guess I'll have to go into town to catch 'em all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CrazyKittenLady
Yeah I have a Amazon fire phone lol! Where can I get a APK mirror from? xxx

It's a website for android apps (legal) - here's the link:
http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/niantic-inc/pokemon-go/pokemon-go-0-29-0-release/pokemon-go-0-29-0-android-apk-download/

I had a quick Google but I couldn't find much on whether it will be compatible or not. Try and see?
Original post by Treen98
Just downloaded, but I live on a farm... There are no Pokemon anywhere in the vicinity of the mile walk I just took :sigh: guess I'll have to go into town to catch 'em all

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reddit had a thread or something about this. Some good ideas in there. Hopefully Niantic will update to give more pokemon in rural areas. :smile:
It's a website for android apps (legal) - here's the link:
http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/niantic-inc/pokemon-go/pokemon-go-0-29-0-release/pokemon-go-0-29-0-android-apk-download/

I had a quick Google but I couldn't find much on whether it will be compatible or not. Try and see?

Thank you!!! I think i have the app but it says. 'GPS signal not found' :'o Soo close lol x
I can't even download it.

I can on my iPad but I don't want to go about carrying that everywhere.

I can't on my phone because I only have 250mb of data and I'd probably be able to use it for 10 minutes before the bill skyrockets.

I can't on my smaller Samsung tablet because it's not showing up on the Google Play store.
Quote as promised... Pokemon Go has now been officially released in the UK.

If you've downloaded the APK file you should be able to install the app from the play store and log in as usual :smile:

Spoiler

Thank youuuu omggggg I'm a bit too excited bskabakdbsmasnajan
Original post by puddles the monkey
quote as promised... Pokemon go has now been officially released in the uk.

If you've downloaded the apk file you should be able to install the app from the play store and log in as usual :smile:

Spoiler

yeah boyyyyyy
Original post by similarBlank
I can't on my phone because I only have 250mb of data and I'd probably be able to use it for 10 minutes before the bill skyrockets..

It doesn't use too much data actually. About 5-8mb per hour i'd say. I've been playing since Monday and haven't used much at all.
Ive downloaded the official app and cant even sign in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nevermind ive sorted it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reddit had a thread or something about this. Some good ideas in there. Hopefully Niantic will update to give more pokemon in rural areas. :smile:

Thanks puddles!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Please someone enlighten me as to how to catch the damn things! I've been stuck trying to catch a zubat for my entire lunch break and I can't seem to get off this screen!
It annoys me that the gym team colours on this poll don't match up with their actual colours.

Quick Reply

Latest