The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Protoxylic
Hopefully! Just take my word for work hard play hard and you'll get there :tongue:

Ah well, don't worry about that now.

:redface: 12th of September? That's really early, is that for a one off day thing or is that actually when you move in?

Yep I'm just gonna try and enjoy my summer without thinking about it eh.

Rowing :smile:
Original post by Duskstar
Yep I'm just gonna try and enjoy my summer without thinking about it eh.

Rowing :smile:

Ah rowing.

I rowed for the first term, wasn't quite keen about getting up at 5am lol.

Hope you enjoy it :tongue:
Original post by Mathemagicien
They're not all bad; there are some good ones, like... erm...

Ooh now that you mention it, Canada's Trudeau seems rather nice. I can't claim to know anything about Canadian politics really but he seems like a sensible nice guy, and any Prime Minister who's involved enough to be able to explain the basics of quantum computing has my thumbs up.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Protoxylic
Ah rowing.

I rowed for the first term, wasn't quite keen about getting up at 5am lol.

Hope you enjoy it :tongue:

Haha I will, acceptance pending I think I'll have a great time!
Got a phone call from Exam Commision today. Turns out they missed some points on my math paper. So i currently have 88% (44/50 points). I am just one point off from my offer :frown: I am supposed to check my paper with the guy who marked it to see if there are any more mistakes. Man I hope I find this point
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HUNTER297
Got a phone call from Exam Commision today. Turns out they missed some points on my math paper. So i currently have 88% (44/50 points). I am just one point off from my offer :frown: I am supposed to check my paper with the guy who marked it to see if there are any more mistakes. Man I hope I find this point

Fingers crossed for you, best of luck :smile:
Original post by krishdesai7
Ooh now that you mention it, Canada's Trudeau seems rather nice. I can't claim to know anything about Canadian politics really but he seems like a sensible nice guy, and any Prime Minister who's involved enough to be able to explain the basics of quantum computing has my thumbs up.

Spoiler

Trudeau doesn't sound nearly as cool as Wolfgang Schäuble... the 73 year old German Minister of Finance who survived an assassination attempt that left him wheelchair-bound.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Trudeau doesn't sound nearly as cool as Wolfgang Schäuble... the 73 year old German Minister of Finance who survived an assassination attempt that left him wheelchair-bound.

Hmhm, I'm not very familiar with German politics, but I'm sure he is very cool.

Another nice politician is Elizabeth Warren. She's stubborn and unswerving as can be on matters concerning accountability and decency, but really keeps away from the loud extremist rhetoric that has begun to characterise American politics. For instance at the Senate hearings after the Great Recession, she kept repeating the same question over and over to a banker who tried to dodge it by giving a diplomatic reply, and the banker was so shocked because he was used to being let off the hook easy.
What do people think of the reshuffle so far?

I'm glad to see Osbourne and Gove gone and Hunt moved away from Health. Not so thrilled about Boris, but hopefully the foreign office won't be too important with Davis and Fox on Brexit and Trade respectively...

In particular Davis' early Brexit suggestions don't seem nearly as bad as they could have been.
Original post by Mostly_Crazy
Not so thrilled about Boris, but hopefully the foreign office won't be too important with Davis and Fox on Brexit and Trade respectively...

Indeed, our relationships with America or China or Russia or the Middle East aren't important now. :wink:

Hmm, I wonder if that Clock of Nuclear Doom has ticked closer to midnight now... (answer: not yet... but...)

http://thebulletin.org/press-release/doomsday-clock-hands-remain-unchanged-despite-iran-deal-and-paris-talks9122

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
Indeed, our relationships with America or China or Russia or the Middle East aren't important now. :wink:

Hmm, I wonder if that Clock of Nuclear Doom has ticked closer to midnight now... (answer: not yet... but...)

http://thebulletin.org/press-release/doomsday-clock-hands-remain-unchanged-despite-iran-deal-and-paris-talks9122

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mean, I realise it's still important, I'm just desperately hoping it will be less critical a role than it has been in previous governments :redface:
Original post by Mostly_Crazy
What do people think of the reshuffle so far?

I'm glad to see Osbourne and Gove gone and Hunt moved away from Health. Not so thrilled about Boris, but hopefully the foreign office won't be too important with Davis and Fox on Brexit and Trade respectively...

In particular Davis' early Brexit suggestions don't seem nearly as bad as they could have been.

I think May made Boris the Foreign Minister for the bants; he's going to be a part of the Brexit negotiations, instead of being able to pretend that the voice of the people is being ignored, while he will be kept out of the country, with diplomats who think he's an utter imbecile.
IPhO exams over. They went badly, but I don't like the look of this country I'm coming back to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are there any other colleges that ask about accomodation before results?
Original post by C0balt
Are there any other colleges that ask about accomodation before results?

Yh mine got me to fill out some surveys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok so I just had a big "oh my god what if I haven't got in" moment and started regretting not working harder this year. Then I realised the exams I did the most work for went the worst (C4...), and the ones I barely revised for (eg. Bio 5, last of 5 papers in a row for me) went the best... :colondollar:
Edexcel Mark schemes for maths come out soon aswell 🌝

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Edexcel Mark schemes for maths come out soon aswell 🌝

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? How come.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joshthemathmo
Really? How come.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They always get released mid july.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Yh mine got me to fill out some surveys.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was depressing to see that the link to the accomodation info page had /freshers in it... Oh I wish I could be called freshers lol

Latest

Trending

Trending