The Student Room Group

Parents cannot support my application (?)

Hello,
My parents have tried to support my application online but when searching for my reference number or searching manually it says that I don't exist. It says that: You have either entered the student's details incorrectly, you may already be supporting the application, financial information may no longer be required, or the student has not completed their application.

This is an application for my second year; the first year was fine.

I have received a letter requesting for parental financial information so they are definitely required.

I think the problem may be that when I tried to apply it told me to enter my parents financial information but I didn't know that at the time so I selected the option to skip and resume it at another point. When I tried to resume it the option to add parents information wasn't there any more.

What can I do now?
Original post by Wiggly
Hello,
My parents have tried to support my application online but when searching for my reference number or searching manually it says that I don't exist. It says that: You have either entered the student's details incorrectly, you may already be supporting the application, financial information may no longer be required, or the student has not completed their application.

This is an application for my second year; the first year was fine.

I have received a letter requesting for parental financial information so they are definitely required.

I think the problem may be that when I tried to apply it told me to enter my parents financial information but I didn't know that at the time so I selected the option to skip and resume it at another point. When I tried to resume it the option to add parents information wasn't there any more.

What can I do now?

You should be able to send the details via a paper form instead, although that might take longer.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
You should be able to send the details via a paper form instead, although that might take longer.

I've done that now but I'm worried that seeing as my customer reference number couldn't be found when trying to add it online, it might not work via paper either. :frown:
Original post by Wiggly
I've done that now but I'm worried that seeing as my customer reference number couldn't be found when trying to add it online, it might not work via paper either. :frown:

They should be able to do it manually but call them if you are concerned.
Just ring them up and get them to make a note on your file. You already have a custome reference number. Use that when sending the written details and they cna match them up. Only the phone is going to let you talk to a real person quickly (as long as it takes to get through). Your only issue is just ensuring the right documents get to your file, so the person making the decision. If you are worried just get a ganed person and make sure they acknowledge your situation. Phone should reassire you as you can ask questions and get an immediate response.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending