The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

downloadinggggggggggg :woo:
The gym near my house has 500+ CP pokemon and im sitting hear with my army of 15 CP Pidgeys
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Please someone enlighten me as to how to catch the damn things! I've been stuck trying to catch a zubat for my entire lunch break and I can't seem to get off this screen!
You basically just flick the pokeball towards the pokemon (like paper toss). I struggled a bit trying to catch Zubat, it doesn't stay still like the other pokemon. Also if the pokemon has a yellow or red circle on it, it's more difficulty to catch, if it's green it's easy to catch, at least that's what I've read.
Original post by FrogLad
The gym near my house has 500+ CP pokemon and im sitting hear with my army of 15 CP Pidgeys

This is why I downloaded it early. *

Plus I'm back at work today after being off since Friday, so I'd have been super annoyed if it wasn't available when I was actually able to play.
Thanks @puddlesthemonkey :u:*
THe pokestops near work weren't loading properly :sad:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Quote as promised... Pokemon Go has now been officially released in the UK.

If you've downloaded the APK file you should be able to install the app from the play store and log in as usual :smile:

Spoiler

Thanks for the shout-out, but after two days of playing on it fairly obsessively I cleared the data and uninstalled the app.
Original post by DJMayes
Thanks for the shout-out, but after two days of playing on it fairly obsessively I cleared the data and uninstalled the app.

I've been interested over the past week or so to see what the play value (is that the right term?) is - it feels like it might be a bit of a gimmick which gets boring after a while :beard:

If you've downloaded the APK file you should be able to install the app from the play store and log in as usual :smile:

Spoiler

Thankyou!

our good deed shall not be forgotten :h:
So who else is too shy to actually leave their house?
Original post by Lawliettt
So who else is too shy to actually leave their house?

Lol dont b shy, its your world you living in

Posted from TSR Mobile
i even took my kids poke-hunting
Original post by GothicShield
Lol dont b shy, its your world you living in

Posted from TSR Mobile

Easier said than done lol. It's a shame because I hear loads of people are playing it around London.
Yay finally i can play pokemon go :woo: :danceboy::excited::woohoo:
Found a hotspot area in my city, theres a fountain with three pokestops around it and when you sit down you can get all 3, amd they constantly have lures on them so I caught tons whilst having lunch!

Some guy in a suit ran through shouting "You sad Poke****ers!" though lmao. The fact he knew that it was a pokestop is what makes it funnier. :tongue:
Original post by Lawliettt
Easier said than done lol. It's a shame because I hear loads of people are playing it around London.

Yet I've been out the house and seen no obvious signs of this obsession everyone's talking about.
:woo: I'm playing pokemon go :excited: I choose squirtle as my starter pokemon and I just caught a rattata in my house :biggrin:

Edit: Just caught pidgey, I haven't even left my house and already caught 3 pokemons :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)

Spoiler

I've been playing it for over a week now, but thanks for the heads up :tongue:.

Saw quite a few people have downloaded it since its release earlier this morning. Not really sure why people didn't just download the APK, they could have had it for a week already.

Quick tip: Save as many evolutions as you can. At level 8 you will get a lucky egg, which doubles your xp. You get 1k xp per evolution, so this doubles to 2k (+500xp if it's a new Pokemon, which is also doubled) giving you a possible 3k xp per evolution. If you've saved 10 evolutions until then (or just bought a lucky egg from the store) you've got an easy 30k xp.

Also, savour those easy levels now, currently it takes me 20k xp to level up D:
Is possible to battle against other players ..?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest