The Student Room Group

Do AS grades have to be declared on the UCAS application?

As you all know, many subjects have been reformed this year but some also haven't (eg. maths and French). I've been told that any AS exams taken for the reformed subjects have to be declared on the UCAS application. However, the only grade I'm not happy about is my French (expecting a low B/ high C). I definitely don't want this to go on my application and I wasn't sure if I still had the choice to keep it off there as it's still an unreformed subject. I hope that makes sense XD
Original post by studentsixth
As you all know, many subjects have been reformed this year but some also haven't (eg. maths and French). I've been told that any AS exams taken for the reformed subjects have to be declared on the UCAS application. However, the only grade I'm not happy about is my French (expecting a low B/ high C). I definitely don't want this to go on my application and I wasn't sure if I still had the choice to keep it off there as it's still an unreformed subject. I hope that makes sense XD

Unfortunately all grades have to be declared on UCAS, even ones you don't want them to see

Yes, all grades have to be declared otherwise your application can be rendered invalid due to fraud
Thanks you guys. It turns out that my school aren't going to certify them at all so my ass is saved!

If you have cashed them in, yes. If not, no. As far as I know, all State schools automatically cash in AS grades; private schools tend not to.
Original post by Platopus
If you have cashed them in, yes. If not, no. As far as I know, all State schools automatically cash in AS grades; private schools tend not to.

Ohh okay thanks ^_^

I have one more question: Some unis are wanting AAAb minimum entry for medicine like KCL and Edinburgh. I was wondering if it had to be at AS or could a B at A2 suffice?
Reply 6
everything has to be declared even some random short course gcse you did back in year 9
Ohh okay thanks ^_^

I have one more question: Some unis are wanting AAAb minimum entry for medicine like KCL and Edinburgh. I was wondering if it had to be at AS or could a B at A2 suffice?

That sounds like they're asking for A2 grades
Reply 8
I shall now go by the name of ' this person ' hehe :biggrin:
Reply 9
Ohh okay thanks ^_^

That lowercase b only applies if you dropped your fourth subject at AS. A B at A2 should be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending