The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JamesN88
I think we'll end up joining EFTA and get a Norway style deal making the whole escapade largely pointless(but then I'm a cynical ****er:smile:)

Absolutely 0% chance of this happening.
you are one thick **** lmao
I personally don't mind having a second referendum, I was 50:50 at the polling booth anyway. But hasn't the government already ruled it out? 'Brexit means Brexit'-Theresa May
Original post by Karosan
2 weeks you would think they would of just accepted democracy... apparently there are still some who like the EU hate the decision of the people.

Since Brexit apparently won (by a massive majority as they see it) there has been a massive rise in racist hate crime across Britain.
Brexit has partly been a victory for right wing fanatics. Had there never been a Brexit victory or indeed a referendum then this disgusting vile racism would not be happening.

Look at what happened in Germany when Hitler was elected? A rise in hate crime against non-aryans and a lot of that was without encouragement from Hitler or the brown shirts, this violence was just a way of some celebrating Hitlers victory on their own initiative.
Original post by JamesN88
I think we'll end up joining EFTA and get a Norway style deal making the whole escapade largely pointless(but then I'm a cynical ****er:smile:)

Lol. I was going to say Freedom of Movement as well.....but I couldn't be bothered with the argument.
Original post by DorianGrayism
Lol. I was going to say Freedom of Movement as well.....but I couldn't be bothered with the argument.

It's a bit early in the day to kick the proverbial hornet's nest. :biggrin:
Original post by Ambitious1999
75% of Scots want to remain in the EU.

62 percent of Scots voted Remain. You could have made the point that the Scots overwhelmingly favour remaining in the EU without fabricating that number.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JordanL_
Grow up.

I am grown up you cry baby

I hate to break it to you but in the real world not everyone is a winner and you don't always get a 'do over' when you lose
Original post by BaconandSauce
I am grown up you cry baby

I hate to break it to you but in the real world not everyone is a winner and you don't always get a 'do over' when you lose

You aren't grown up if you think you've "won" something.

We won the vote

Didn't they teach you about how this all works in school?

Well you're a big baby who has lost :biggrin:
So much democracy! Particularly with our unelected PM!
Original post by BaconandSauce
careful Gora the babies are ruining to the mods :biggrin:

They'll have a nasty wake up call when they get off the internal and are forced to live in the real world.
Original post by Gora The Xplorer
They'll have a nasty wake up call when they get off the internal and are forced to live in the real world.

I have to live in the real world, that's why I don't want Brexit idiots ****ing it up.
If there was one, they would lose, but there wont be one, so its a moot point. Move on.

Does this mean more fantastical threads from the OP?
I have to live in the real world, that's why I don't want Brexit idiots ****ing it up.

Poor you

Your lot lost get over it

If Theresa May keeps us in the single market, thus retaining free movement, then not all is lost. But I don't know how far I trust Phillip Hammond to implement this as Chancellor, given the eurosceptic he is.
Original post by Karosan
If you win one why have another... we have one so you don't like the result? Get over it you lost.

No, you give up your hopes and dreams.
I'm fed up of Brexiters harping on about democracy and that there should not be a second referendum.

Well if they are so confident of Britians hatred of the EU and so passionate about democracy then they should relish a second referendum.

But the reality is Brexiters are Scared of losing. They know fine well that a lot of Brexit voters now regret what they did. Many thought it would never happen. So take them aside.
Then among the Brexit voters are some realists who never thought of the mess that we are now in that soon all that may be left of the Great Britain they love is England totally on its own, without Scotland or NI or the protection of the EU. Take them aside and you've probably got less than 40% pro Brexit and over 60% remain.

Of that 40% you've got mostly retired people who arn't worried about recessions, unemployment or loss of EU funding of vocational training and further education, that's around 20% And of course nationalists and small minded racist bigots making up the rest.

We want a second referendum, its in the interests of the majority!

The English population is 54.8 million or 84% according to a quick Google search.
You can't just put that aside; they constitute most of the population!

Wales also voted to leave, so that's half of the UK's constituent parts voting to leave.
To the detriment of Scotland and Northern Island, the English population of which a leave percentage is given is much, much bigger. So you commit the base rate fallacy (extension neglect.)

It was won by only 4% (52-48) a lot of those who voted Brexit now regret that they did. Take that into account and a second referendum would be a more serious vote with a clear victory for remain.

6 million have signed a petition wanting a second referendum.

75% of Scots want to remain in the EU.

Surprisingly enough 16.1 million voted to remain; those signatures on that petition could just be the salty losers.
Scotland only makes up 8% of the population; the referendum was open to 100% of the population [who are eligible.]
Original post by ellie0497
So much democracy! Particularly with our unelected PM!

The EU was clearly a worse case.

no representative inside European Commission;
MEPS cannot initiate, repeal or amend legislation;
European Council was a farce;

Latest

Trending

Trending