The Student Room Group

Went through red light by accident

So I thought the light was orange and I drove on and I realised by that time I went past the lights it was red!

However, I will own up to it, who do I phone? The DVLA? Police?Is it a £100 fine with 3 points? Can they lessen this?
Reply 1
There wasn't a big grey camera right by the lights, I saw small camera on top of the lights and nothing flashed.
Don't hand yourself in, if they saw it they will most likely send you a letter and I don't believe that your fine will be any less worse if you did hand yourself in.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
There wasn't a big grey camera right by the lights, I saw small camera on top of the lights and nothing flashed.

I wouldn't own up. Half the time those cameras aren't actually on. They're mostly for show.
Reply 4
Thanks for the replies.

I'm worried if I'm hit with a £1000 fine, it was on a pedestrian crossing, however, very accidental. I just seen a small camera on top of the traffic lights.

I've actually seen many drivers in front of me go past through red lights, some even very blatant.
Reply 5
Similar things have happened to me. I was worrying for ages, but nothing happened afterwards. Try not to let it consume your thoughts and definitely do not turn yourself in.
Reply 6
I read "went through red light district by accident"

Then I was thinking, did you get any action son.
Original post by Anonymous

The ones on top of the lights aren't red light cameras, they're only used to monitor traffic flow.

If it makes you feel any better look up the location here: http://www.speedcameramap.co.uk/

No red light camera, no problem.
(edited 7 years ago)
Were you playing Pokemon? :tongue:
Reply 9
Thanks for the replies guys!I checked the map and thought phew the camera is not in that location. Funnily enough, I have a sat nav and the sat nav beeps for only a 'few' camera signs, not all of them.
Reply 10
that was last updated feb 2013
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending