The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doll Parts
I've been advised Re the latest campaign (think it was advertised in May?), that there are 19 posts available in Liverpool. Not sure if this includes the intake for the Feb campaign also.

They said they expect those being interviewed (in the May campaign) to start in October - seems doubtful based on current timescales!

Just for those posters that were worrying about limited posts in Liverpool.

also, some who applied for the campaign has been placed in Bootle... Did they get back to you about the location?
Original post by rebecca_:)
also, some who applied for the campaign has been placed in Bootle... Did they get back to you about the location?

No, they haven't come back to me :angry: I asked for a part time working pattern 8 weeks ago and they haven't come back to me about that either!

That 19 figure was specifically for Graeme House in Liverpool, so could be more in Bootle.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 682
I've been advised Re the latest campaign (think it was advertised in May?), that there are 19 posts available in Liverpool. Not sure if this includes the intake for the Feb campaign also.

They said they expect those being interviewed (in the May campaign) to start in October - seems doubtful based on current timescales!

Any idea on figures at all for Scotland offices?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ballso
Any idea on figures at all for Scotland offices?

Sorry, don't know. I only know about Liverpool as a friend is involved in the interviews for that location.
Reply 684
I am having one or two problems. I have my formal offer but still on pre employment checks on CSR jobs. I've emailed them 3 or 4 times over the last few days as I need hr/payroll addresses, email and telephone number so I can fill in the transfer forms from DWP to hmrc, but no responses at all!!!!
Original post by Echopark88
Maybe we'll be working together :smile:

Are you starting as O or HO?I start as O with first working day being 22/08/2016 (Manchester)
Original post by Smaack
I emailed yesterday, and got my email from a different address today with my start date and official offer! I've got a family friend who works in the same office, and he advises that HR is so overworked and understaffed.

3rd October, Manchester, Compliance and Enforcement, Small and Medium Businesses. Can't wait. :biggrin:

Are you starting as O or HO?
Original post by Sljca
I am having one or two problems. I have my formal offer but still on pre employment checks on CSR jobs. I've emailed them 3 or 4 times over the last few days as I need hr/payroll addresses, email and telephone number so I can fill in the transfer forms from DWP to hmrc, but no responses at all!!!!

Is that on the CS jobs portal they're asking you for those details? If so then you should be entering the contact details for DWP.

Oh that's good to hear. There were only 5 in Liverpool for the first campaign. Hopefully they won't be interviewing hundreds again.
Original post by rebecca_:)
I never made it past the sift :frown: *

Gutted for you. I was lucky enough to get an interview this time round. On the bright side, have you seen how many internal jobs there are? I'm sure similar ones (if not the same) will come up soon.
Original post by dagoro1
Gutted for you. I was lucky enough to get an interview this time round. On the bright side, have you seen how many internal jobs there are? I'm sure similar ones (if not the same) will come up soon.

yes! Congrats.. *Made up you got an interview. When are the interviews scheduled for? Should give you an idea how many they are interviewing for?! Yeah I've had a mooch. None of HMRC ones appeal to me. I'm waiting for E&C ones to come up in Liverpool it's mainly Bootle at the minute haha :smile:*
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 691
Original post by pukahontas
Is that on the CS jobs portal they're asking you for those details? If so then you should be entering the contact details for DWP.

No. It's to complete the ogd1 form which my manager then has to attach to resource management so that hr transfer me across correctly!!!!
Original post by Sljca
No. It's to complete the ogd1 form which my manager then has to attach to resource management so that hr transfer me across correctly!!!!

Who has asked you to complete an OGD1 and why? An OGD1 is a form that the HR departments complete when transferring someone from one government department to another. I've transferred three times in the civil service including recently from DWP to HMRC and I've never completed one.
I tried to email the E&C recruitment address today and outlook automatically showed that their inbox was full! So they must have an enormous backlog of queries to work through.
Original post by Sljca

I had the same issue. I called the person who emailed me with my formal offer (should start with 03000) and they provided a completed OGD1 form with the HMRC payroll/HR details.

Apparently they had received a few similar requests, so edited an OGD1 for issue to anyone who called looking for the details.
Reply 695
Who has asked you to complete an OGD1 and why? An OGD1 is a form that the HR departments complete when transferring someone from one government department to another. I've transferred three times in the civil service including recently from DWP to HMRC and I've never completed one.

I rang HR and they said that's what I had to do. Aren't I effectively transferring?? What did you do? Resign and complete a term1?
Reply 696
Original post by Bluebood
I had the same issue. I called the person who emailed me with my formal offer (should start with 03000) and they provided a completed OGD1 form with the HMRC payroll/HR details.

Apparently they had received a few similar requests, so edited an OGD1 for issue to anyone who called looking for the details.

That would be fine but mine had no number on it!!!! Could you email it me if I gave you my email address? Or can you give me the number??
(edited 7 years ago)
Bit of a long shot but is anybody starting in Belfast on 22nd August?
Original post by Sljca
I rang HR and they said that's what I had to do. Aren't I effectively transferring?? What did you do? Resign and complete a term1?

Yes you're transferring. I didn't do anything but tell my manager I was transferring to HMRC and she closed me down on RM on my last day, whether she was asked to do anything else I don't know but she never asked me for details of HMRC's HR department. All of my personal details will have been forwarded to HMRC by civil service resourcing, as I understand it HMRC then contact DWP HR and send over an OGD1. DWP then complete whatever they need to and return it to HMRC with your personnel file.
Reply 699
Yes you're transferring. I didn't do anything but tell my manager I was transferring to HMRC and she closed me down on RM on my last day, whether she was asked to do anything else I don't know but she never asked me for details of HMRC's HR department. All of my personal details will have been forwarded to HMRC by civil service resourcing, as I understand it HMRC then contact DWP HR and send over an OGD1. DWP then complete whatever they need to and return it to HMRC with your personnel file.

That's very efficient!!!! Unfortunately not the way I've got to do it!! The manager is meant to complete the ogd1 and attach to rm with a service request, but as mine is on holiday at the mo, I said I'd find out the info and complete it so all he had to do was authorise it.

Latest

Trending

Trending