The Student Room Group

Still no offer from one of my choices?

I applied before the 30th of June and today's the last day for universities to respond. Should I get in contact with the uni or hope they respond by tonight?
Original post by Sara_t
I applied before the 30th of June and today's the last day for universities to respond. Should I get in contact with the uni or hope they respond by tonight?

At my school we were told that if you have been rejected, sometimes unis just don't respond. But, it's possible they forgot so if it's a top choice then contact them. Good luck.
They have rejected you, no worries you can apply for clearing hun
Contact the uni, most of the time these kind of things are as a result of them forgetting something.
Original post by Sara_t

I am in the same situation!

The UCAS wesbite says they have until 14 July to respond, so today is the deadline

However Track says the deadline is 15 July

I haven't gotten the 'rejected because the uni has not responded within the given framework' message yet, it still says 'waiting for decisions', I am going to wait until I either get a offer / rejection from the uni / UCAS automatically rejects me, and if UCAS rejects me, I will call the uni and make sure they deliberately rejected me by not responding. They can still reverse the rejection if they want to! I think you should do the same, just wait until your application updates today or tomorrow :smile:
Original post by Helloworld_95
Contact the uni, most of the time these kind of things are as a result of them forgetting something.

To be honest I am pretty pissed off because how can you forget something like this? Clearly they are aware that today is the deadline, so they need to look at all applications and either give an offer or reject people by this date. If they really just do a 'no response' that's really *****y.

Imagine someone sending off their application in February or something, a uni decides they are too lazy to reject them and then this student waiting until July 15th to find out the uni didnt eve bother to reject them!!!
Reply 6
Original post by lolakirk
I am in the same situation!

The UCAS wesbite says they have until 14 July to respond, so today is the deadline

However Track says the deadline is 15 July

I haven't gotten the 'rejected because the uni has not responded within the given framework' message yet, it still says 'waiting for decisions', I am going to wait until I either get a offer / rejection from the uni / UCAS automatically rejects me, and if UCAS rejects me, I will call the uni and make sure they deliberately rejected me by not responding. They can still reverse the rejection if they want to! I think you should do the same, just wait until your application updates today or tomorrow :smile:

I just called them up just to be sure they hadn't forgotten or anything and the admissions tutor told me he was planning on making me an offer. Not sure how late they're going to leave it as nothing has yet updated on track.
Original post by Sara_t
I just called them up just to be sure they hadn't forgotten or anything and the admissions tutor told me he was planning on making me an offer. Not sure how late they're going to leave it as nothing has yet updated on track.

It also really annoys me that the UCAS main wesbite says the deadline is TODAY but Track says its 15 July!!!

Your call gave me some hope as well now! Update us if you hear anything!

Btw do you have offers from other unis? Because I do, so its not the end of the world if I dont get into this one but its my first choice... :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
To be honest I am pretty pissed off because how can you forget something like this? Clearly they are aware that today is the deadline, so they need to look at all applications and either give an offer or reject people by this date. If they really just do a 'no response' that's really *****y.

Imagine someone sending off their application in February or something, a uni decides they are too lazy to reject them and then this student waiting until July 15th to find out the uni didnt eve bother to reject them!!!

It's not really that bad of a situation, these people are going through hundreds of applications, it's understandable that a borderline case can end up being forgotten especially around times when other admin things are more important or if people are on holiday.
It's not really that bad of a situation, these people are going through hundreds of applications, it's understandable that a borderline case can end up being forgotten especially around times when other admin things are more important or if people are on holiday.

I don't see how any admin things can be more important than sending out offers or rejections by the deadline you have been given to do so.
I don't see how any admin things can be more important than sending out offers or rejections by the deadline you have been given to do so.

Well around this time you have resits and late submissions of extenuating circumstances to deal with, both of which effect people who are already your clients rather than just someone who could be. You've also got planning to do for how to implement certain changes in the upcoming year, something where the majority outweighs the minority. Then there's the PhD applications around this time that you need to go through and interview including referring to supervisors. You also have the IB students that have recently received their results that you have to admit.

So yeah, someone who applied so late isn't going to be high on their priority list.
Well around this time you have resits and late submissions of extenuating circumstances to deal with, both of which effect people who are already your clients rather than just someone who could be. You've also got planning to do for how to implement certain changes in the upcoming year, something where the majority outweighs the minority. Then there's the PhD applications around this time that you need to go through and interview including referring to supervisors. You also have the IB students that have recently received their results that you have to admit.

So yeah, someone who applied so late isn't going to be high on their priority list.

It's not about who's 'high' on their priority list. Eventually they should get to you before a deadline even if they have 'more important' things to do. If you fail to see that then you have problems.
Reply 12
It also really annoys me that the UCAS main wesbite says the deadline is TODAY but Track says its 15 July!!!

Your call gave me some hope as well now! Update us if you hear anything!

Btw do you have offers from other unis? Because I do, so its not the end of the world if I dont get into this one but its my first choice... :frown:

Just checked track and i've received an unconditional offer! I had other offers but really wanted to go to this uni. Just call them up if they never end up responding :smile:
Original post by Sara_t
Just checked track and i've received an unconditional offer! I had other offers but really wanted to go to this uni. Just call them up if they never end up responding :smile:

Omg they probably wouldnt have bothered doing it if you didnt call them. I will call these clowns tomorrow and tell them to do their job as well.
Original post by Sara_t

Hahaaaaaa I've just got my offer as well yaaay, going to my dream uni in September!! :biggrin:
Reply 15
Hahaaaaaa I've just got my offer as well yaaay, going to my dream uni in September!! :biggrin:

Congrats!

Quick Reply

Latest