The Student Room Group

What qualities do sensible girls look for in guys?

What qualities do sensible girls look for when it comes to potential boyfriends? As a 17 year old male who has never had a relationship with anyone, I am just interested in what makes a guy boyfriend material (hopefully that does not sound too weird).
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Every quality Ian Somerhalder has :love:
Reply 2
Six pack
8 inch dick
6ft+
Big...

Spoiler

Nice, patient. I'm asexual so very patient (but that's just me individually requiring exceptional patience from a guy since I typically won't want to do what he wants to do).
Interested in being healthy, not necerssarily peak of fitness and no need for a great body, just generally trying to make good choices (not going to Mcdonalds all the time ect.)
Oh and relatively intelligent, no need to be a genius, just ok.
Kind, funny, patient like the above poster said because I don't like when men get angry with me. I want someone to understand I may need more time to build up courage to do things, rather than get frustrated with me. Someone who isn't too loud, nor too quiet. Someone who would like to do things with me like go to museums and galleries. Someone who isn't a major extrovert because I'm not. I don't want a party animal or anything, just some calm and down to earth. Ultimately someone who enjoys my company as much as I would enjoy his.
funny
kind
urm - buys me food :rofl:

Spoiler

Some of the qualities I like are:
Caring
Kind
Down to earth
Intelligent
Funny
Patient
Is interesting (has hobbies)
Has similar interests as me
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Kind, funny, patient like the above poster said because I don't like when men get angry with me. I want someone to understand I may need more time to build up courage to do things, rather than get frustrated with me. Someone who isn't too loud, nor too quiet. Someone who would like to do things with me like go to museums and galleries. Someone who isn't a major extrovert because I'm not. I don't want a party animal or anything, just some calm and down to earth. Ultimately someone who enjoys my company as much as I would enjoy his.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Lord Samosa
Big...

Spoiler

oh gosh lol
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
funny
kind
urm - buys me food :rofl:

Spoiler

Haha, you are not the only person I know who likes Griezmann.
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Some of the qualities I like are:
Caring
Kind
Down to earth
Intelligent
Funny
Patient
Is interesting (has hobbies)
Has similar interests as me

Original post by Anonymous
Nice, patient. I'm asexual so very patient (but that's just me individually requiring exceptional patience from a guy since I typically won't want to do what he wants to do).
Interested in being healthy, not necerssarily peak of fitness and no need for a great body, just generally trying to make good choices (not going to Mcdonalds all the time ect.)
Oh and relatively intelligent, no need to be a genius, just ok.

Thank you :smile:
What do you mean by down to earth

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LaaaaddyyS
What do you mean by down to earth
Posted from TSR Mobile

like not in space/in the atmosphere
Like physically on the Earth's surface

Spoiler

A compatible outlook and sense of humour*
Funny
Ambitious
Good morals
Nice to his mum
Friendly/outgoing
Sense of adventure
Loyal
Range of interests
Doesn't take himself too seriously
Original post by saraxh
Every quality Ian Somerhalder has :love:

He looks too perfect I would never be with someone who looks like that. You would look like a undergrown troll if u stand next to him. Even if your a 8 or 9/10
Original post by TheEmperorofCats
What qualities do sensible girls look for when it comes to potential boyfriends? As a 17 year old male who has never had a relationship with anyone, I am just interested in what makes a guy boyfriend material (hopefully that does not sound too weird).

Sensible girls? As opposed to the ones who go for guys that they're attracted to? Right. Just make yourself more desirable. Girls don't go around rationally selecting a boyf any more than men do.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Have a certain presence (stature + dominance + paternalistic aura) without being an alpha douchebro/aggressive

Engaging, with good rapport and social skills (don't have to be James Bond but helps if you're also charismatic/charming from time to time)

High self-worth, know your own mind, but the quietly self-assured type rather than too cocky/arrogant, and with a sense of humour/humility

Self-interested/reliant and moderately indifferent/entitled, but also reasonably sensitive/considerate and, ultimately, dependable

Then why is it I can't seem to get a sensible girl? :mmm:

if a guy meets all three criteria and he's daddy AF,he shouldn't be having any problems :u:*
Original post by TheEmperorofCats

Sensible girls should look for sensible guys

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending