The Student Room Group

Gove and Osborne sacked according to BBC

Scroll to see replies

GOVE IS GONE?

This may be the best news I've heard all year. Good riddance to that incompetent buffoon.

Um why is Boris FS, is that really a sensible idea considering the utter disdain pretty much the entirety of the EU and many other countries has towards him?

Don't really know much about the others.
Why is Jeremy Hunt still the health secretary? What is May thinking?!
Reply 22
Original post by drowzee
Why is Jeremy Hunt still the health secretary? What is May thinking?!

Keeping the Junior doctors in check.
What?
Osborne was a much more competent pm, if compared to Boris.
I'm just happy that Morgan is gone!
(edited 7 years ago)
Everything May has said/done since leaving the Palace yesterday seems like she's gearing up for the 2020 election already. A One Nation speech and new cabinet way more electable than Cameron's. (Gove, Morgan & Osborne were too hateable) (I liked Osborne). I just seems like May has begun to occupy the centre and reach out to middle voters as if we were approaching an election, despite ruling out a snap election..
Original post by political
Everything May has said/done since leaving the Palace yesterday seems like she's gearing up for the 2020 election already. A One Nation speech and new cabinet way more electable than Cameron's. (Gove, Morgan & Osborne were too hateable) (I liked Osborne). I just seems like May has begun to occupy the centre and reach out to middle voters as if we were approaching an election, despite ruling out a snap election..

Spoiler

Original post by ChaoticButterfly

Spoiler

It's a trap?
Original post by political

But this holistic, 'nice tory' approach is exactly what we need now that the UK must reunite to pull through this brexit farce.
Reply 29
Boris Foreign Secretary? :lolwut:
Liam Fox International Trade? :lolwut:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TorpidPhil
But this holistic, 'nice tory' approach is exactly what we need now that the UK must reunite to pull through this brexit farce.

farce?

I agree with you actually. But I don't agree that Brexit is a farce. I think the Johnson-Davis-Fox trio will make a success of it.
Original post by Rorschach II
farce?

Yes.

It is a somewhat big deal, but it literally splitting the country in two atm.

I've seen families break up because of this. Friendships end. Violence on the streets and at work.

It is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous.

The country needs to calm down and just get to grips with the 'problem' at hand and solve it. Quickly, efficiently and without too much controversy.
As glad as I am to see Gove, Osborne and Morgan go, I don't expect any substantial, positive change in education or economic policy. :moon:
Yes.

It is a somewhat big deal, but it literally splitting the country in two atm.

I've seen families break up because of this. Friendships end. Violence on the streets and at work.

It is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous.

The country needs to calm down and just get to grips with the 'problem' at hand and solve it. Quickly, efficiently and without too much controversy.

So it's not a "Brexit" farce, so much as it's the UK population just being ridiculous at the moment.
My interpretation was that you've put the emphasis and blame on the Brexit side of the argument, hence my issue with you.

It's like you're ridiculing Brexit and the actual choice behind the EU referendum.
Didn't Liam Fox get sacked for breaching security and abusing his position by taking one of his friends along to everything as a mysterious 'aide'? WTF is that man doing back in government. You cannot give a senior position to somebody like that.

Boris Johnson's role is a cruel joke.
Whereas Jeremy Hunt being allowed to continue his reign of incompetence is just cruel. :frown:
Original post by Hydeman
As glad as I am to see Gove, Osborne and Morgan go, I don't expect any substantial, positive change in education or economic policy. :moon:

Me neither. Even when it seemed Hunt was going I barely smiled because I realised he'd be replaced by someone with the same policy.

The people who disliked Gove, Osborne and Morgan will come to dislike their replacements just as much.
Gove was fired, however Osborn resigned right after the PMQA
Original post by Rorschach II
So it's not a "Brexit" farce, so much as it's the UK population just being ridiculous at the moment.
My interpretation was that you've put the emphasis and blame on the Brexit side of the argument, hence my issue with you.

It's like you're ridiculing Brexit and the actual choice behind the EU referendum.

Yeah the former.

I voted leave myself anyway...
Yeah the former.

I voted leave myself anyway...

Would you agree that Osborne would have been a better pm?

Quick Reply

Latest