The Student Room Group

Did my ex ever care for me at all?😭😭

At the start my ex seemed very keen. I was the one holding back. Like he kept telling me he really liked me and that he missed me whenever I wasn't around, constantly messaging me, complimenting me etc. when we were together it was great and he was so affectionate ! He told me I was the first girl he was serious about, and he has never had a GF before.

He is a very shy guy but round me he completely opened up. We had lots of inside jokes, always had a laugh, seemingly cared for one another and couldn't keep our hands off each other either.

Everyone said it was the perfect relationship :s

It wasn't like he was just buttering me up for sex as this continued way after we started having sex regularly. I really thought it was a serious relationship.

Then the few days before we were both to leave to go home for summer (we are at uni) he becomes distant. Stops messaging me nearly completely. Then when I initiated contact, he would be responsive but not as affectionately. ineveitably, after a few days of this I got the 'we need to talk'.

So we spoke. He cried, he kissed me, seemingly passionately, twice :s but ended things.

Said he didn't think we were similar people and that our relatuionship wouldn't last the summer so we should end it.
Now I'm wondering if he ever cared for me :s
definately using you for sex. Sorry to be frank. But he kissed you 'passionately' before breaking up with you.
Of course he did, it just didn't work out in the end. :frown:
Reply 3
Why not😭
Original post by Anonymous
Why not😭

Only he knows, really.

It could be he wanted something long-term and didn't see the potential.
It could be he wanted something short-term but felt you weren't the type of girl he'd like that sort of relationship with.
Maybe he wanted to explore other options.
Maybe he's content being single.

Too many reasons, and it's a waste of time trying to work them out. Remove yourself from his life and begin to heal. :smile:
I'm pretty sure its not the norm to kiss your girlfriend before breaking up with her. He was prolly in for the sex and got bored after a while.
Must have seen it not working out in the long run, or that he found someone else (unlikely, but still happens).
Reply 7
Did he not give a more specific reason? :redface:
Reply 8
Sounds very similar to what happened to me :frown: If it wasn't meant to be, it wasn't meant to be. There's plenty more fish in the sea.
Reply 9
Original post by tinomazibs
I'm pretty sure its not the norm to kiss your girlfriend before breaking up with her. He was prolly in for the sex and got bored after a while.

Huh what's that got to do with only being in it for the sex ? :redface:
Seems as if he loved and cared for you aLOT at the beginning but lost the connection later. Sorry to hear that hun. It just wasn't meant to be. :frown:
No one can say for certain that he did/does/didn't care. It sounds as though things were positive between you both to begin with, but things change. People change their thought processes, their decisions, their intentions. It's something we all have to accept, and it's about giving yourself the time to adjust to this and being kind to yourself during the process.
Original post by Anonymous
Huh what's that got to do with only being in it for the sex ? :redface:

I mean. He prolly wanted just 'onnee.lasstt smooch before dumping your ass, because that was prolly the only good thing. Doesn't that seem a bit weird to you?
Reply 13
I've had a similar experience - it seems most people have! It really calls in to question the love and good feelings that went before and even more so if it's followed up with some horrible treatment. It's terrible but I think it's just a love paradox. She said 'I don't feel the same anymore' and at the time it seemed like a breakup cliche but in hindsight it was just true. Romances burn out, or at least until you find the one. Keep going.
Over time I've known of several relationship that didn't meet the 'summer' test but when the right one comes along 3 months apart, although difficult, won't be a deal breaker. Some people just can't fathom being in a relationship with someone who isn't always there for them.
That guy was the right guy for you for that time but now you'll have to put that behind. You may
never have solid answers as to what happened and maybe it was nothing but distance but there's another great(er) guy out there who just hasn't met you yet. Good Luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending