The Student Room Group

Greenhead College Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by habeeb_00
The woman who interviewed me was pushing me to take four for some reason? Did that happen to you lot?

If you're interested in whatever it is then you might as well take it for the first month or whatever and then decide whether to drop or not

Yeah she said " the only problem with your application is that you're not doing 4". So I just acted really indecisively and gave her like 4 subjects, so it was obvious I didn't know what to choose. Think 3 is best for me as there's no extra advantage and ill try and get top grades in the 3 I'm doing.

Actually starting with 4 might be a good idea- they should let me drop it if I don't like it though, right?

Original post by sapphire79
Yup and English Lit. :h: But Im not sure about doing philosophy now because I sort of don't want to do 4 a levels :dontknow: Though at the same time ... philosophy sounds so interesting and the teacher on open evening was soooo nice and made it sound do fun :biggrin: So I'm confused. Were you not doing maths before?

I'm considering Lit too but I don't think I'll do it. If I was to do a 4th it would be biology, which I do want to do. But like you, I don't really want to put myself through 4 A levels. Well on my original sheet I wrote: bio, Chem and history and was considering maths. Anyway my maths exam didn't go as planned- so I won't be doing that!
Still want to do medicine?
(edited 7 years ago)
The woman who interviewed me was pushing me to take four for some reason? Did that happen to you lot?

If you're interested in whatever it is then you might as well take it for the first month or whatever and then decide whether to drop or not

No the guy who interviewed me didn't even ask why I was doing 3 though I think that was because he wanted to get rid of me fast as I stepped on his foot :doh:
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Yeah she said " the only problem with your application is that you're not doing 4". So I just acted really indecisively and gave her like 4 subjects, so it was obvious I didn't know what to choose. Think 3 is best for me as there's no extra advantage and ill try and get top grades in the 3 I'm doing.

Actually starting with 4 might be a good idea- they should let me drop it if I don't like it though, right?

I'm considering Lit too but I don't think I'll do it. If I was to do a 4th it would be biology, which I do want to do. But like you, I don't really want to put myself through 4 A levels. Well on my original sheet I wrote: bio, Chem and history and was considering maths. Anyway my maths exam didn't go as planned- so I won't be doing that!
Still want to do medicine?

Oh no, did you do edexcel maths? :frown: Dont worry I found it hard too though everyone else thought it was easy :colonhash::biggrin: Especially paper 1 I think I did really bad on that. And yes I still definately want to do medicine :smile::smile: I dont think I will ever change that haha
Why wouldn't they let you?

Because some colleges only let you do FM if you do the 4 a level option because then you have more variety in A levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh no, did you do edexcel maths? :frown: Dont worry I found it hard too though everyone else thought it was easy :colonhash::biggrin: Especially paper 1 I think I did really bad on that. And yes I still definately want to do medicine :smile::smile: I dont think I will ever change that haha

Paper 1 was definitely harder than paper 2 so don't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm possibly starting Greenhead to this year. Ngl, i'm kinda scared. I'm terrible at making friends!
Original post by Mxhnoor
I'm possibly starting Greenhead to this year. Ngl, i'm kinda scared. I'm terrible at making friends!

Haha dw I am too( at making friends)- what subjects are you doing?
Haha dw I am too( at making friends)- what subjects are you doing?

I'm planning on doing biology, chemistry, maths and psychology. What about you?
Original post by Mxhnoor

Haha arent we all on this website :h: Dont be scared Im sure you'll make loads of friends and if you dont Ill be your friend for sure :aetsch::hugs:
Original post by Mxhnoor
I'm planning on doing biology, chemistry, maths and psychology. What about you?

Chemistry, History and Economics( maybe Biology). Do you want to do medicine?
Haha arent we all on this website :h: Dont be scared Im sure you'll make loads of friends and if you dont Ill be your friend for sure :aetsch::hugs:

Ahah, thanks! I appreciate it :smile:
Chemistry, History and Economics( maybe Biology). Do you want to do medicine?

yeah i do, but i don't think i'll be able to
Just really want to start now. :frown:
Anyone feel the same?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope hahaha I don't want results day to get any closer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same I feel like Ive done so bad :afraid: :cry:Its my fault though I set my personal targets so high so Im going to be really disappointed xD
nah You'll be fine. :smile:
I'm scared too...
Original post by Himani Vadhia
nah You'll be fine. :smile:
I'm scared too...

Are you all from the same town as Greenhead College?
Original post by Daydreamer3

Nope

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, then how come you are planning to go to a college that far away? Why not apply for the college in your area?
Original post by Daydreamer3

I'm not. I'm from bradford
This is so cute i wish i had this when i started, i was at partner school so got in pretty easily.. Currently A2, feel free to ask any questions:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest