The Student Room Group

Coming out

Hi I think I'm gay I have only told my mum and best friend I don't know if or how to come out to the rest of my family and friends
The same way you did with your mum and best friend. Only come out to people when you think you are ready to.
you dont
A
Original post by theBranicAc
you dont

Why not?
Original post by Seamus123
A

Why not?

because no one really cares

it doesn't matter if your gay or not its your decision

why is that if your gay you need to 'come out' you dont see straight men comming out ?
The other poster is right. Only come out to those close to you whom you can trust. It may be that they have guessed already. I have a gay son and a gay daughter and have always known since they were quite young without them telling me. Their other siblings knew too. Those who love you will accept you for who you are and not what you are. Remember that.
Original post by theBranicAc
because no one really cares

it doesn't matter if your gay or not its your decision

why is that if your gay you need to 'come out' you dont see straight men comming out ?

Let's be realistic here. Many families have problems identifying with young people who are gay. We are not such a liberated society as many think we are hence why the OP feels unsure of himself.
Reply 7
If I was you I would come out to your family first then your close friends you don't need to tell everyone
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I think I'm gay I have only told my mum and best friend I don't know if or how to come out to the rest of my family and friends

You said you 'think' you are gay. Please make sure that you are before coming out!
Secondly, don't feel like because you're gay you have to come out. Obviously in a perfect world we wouldnt have to do that but you shouldn't feel pressured to do so.
If you know the person really well and you know that they're in no way homophobic and you feel you want to tell them, just do it gently. There's no magic way to say it, unfortunately.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending