The Student Room Group

Ugly friends

I get told all the time that I am "too pretty" to hang around with my friends. I don't really understand this, I won't lie a few of the people I hang around with are overweight, have acne, maybe not exactly amazing looking but I just find it strange that people say Im too pretty to hang out with them. One of my old friends actually told me she stopped being friends with them and found a 'new group' because they are all ugly and that I should too, she even offered me to be in her group. Has this happened to anyone else? Why do looks matter when it comes to friendship?

Scroll to see replies

For some reason at school all the pretty girls typically hang out with each other, guess they are quite vein when it comes to friendships as well as relationships.
Reply 2
Yes, please leave them you shallow person. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cos pretty girls hang out with pretty girls just like poopular kids hang out with popular kids.
Reply 4
Are you from some yank sorority :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's childish af
Original post by idontknowmedoyou
I get told all the time that I am "too pretty" to hang around with my friends. I don't really understand this, I won't lie a few of the people I hang around with are overweight, have acne, maybe not exactly amazing looking but I just find it strange that people say Im too pretty to hang out with them. One of my old friends actually told me she stopped being friends with them and found a 'new group' because they are all ugly and that I should too, she even offered me to be in her group. Has this happened to anyone else? Why do looks matter when it comes to friendship?

Lol looks don't matter when it comes to friendship.... well that's what i think anyway. Like what if someone was "pretty" but had a crappy personality.. like what's the point?
Original post by saraxh
That's childish af

You should be hanging in the pretty girls group. Now leave
Original post by DropletInfection
You should be hanging in the pretty girls group. Now leave

I talked to everyone in school :smile:
Reply 9
That's incredibly judgemental.:O
Pretty girls like to be with other pretty girls and you feel misplaced when you have a pretty friend.

For me, looks did matter in friendships because it kind of determined whether this person was going to be open to a friendship.
(edited 7 years ago)
Don't listen to her
if you think about it, you would rather hang out with friends who are ugly yet people you can actually call "FRIENDS" rather than "friends" who are bishes on the inside
just my honest opinion :smile:
Original post by A321
Yes, please leave them you shallow person. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

can't tell if you're using sarcasm or you actually think I'm shallow, I'm not I don't care what people look like as long as they are fun to be around.
Original post by SMEGGGY
Are you from some yank sorority :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

um no?
Looks aren't everything. If you enjoy hanging out with them, and consider them a good laugh & fun to be around, that should form the basis of a friendship, not someone's appearance.
It depends on what your friendhips are based on. If you actually like them for who they are, not just what they look like, then ignore the shallow one.
Original post by idontknowmedoyou

Never happened to me. Probably because I am the ugly friend!
It's up to you, in some respects they could be right and if you're really that pretty they'll probably get jealous , if they do i'd say leave them, this does sound vein but if you can it's probably best to hang out with people of your standard, it'll probably make your time at school easier
We've all been there.
Maybe you should start judging people by their character rather than the way they look, as hard as that sometimes is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending