The Student Room Group

Reading material suggestions?

I've just finished GCSE's and next year I'm taking maths, further maths, physics and engineering at A Level, I'm pretty keen to start getting to grips with the work and my sixth form have given me enough worksheets and bridging material to keep me interested over the summer, however I wondered if anyone had any suggestions on any articles/books or other things I could just read to learn a little bit around my subjects. Any responses would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Original post by harrisonchar
I've just finished GCSE's and next year I'm taking maths, further maths, physics and engineering at A Level, I'm pretty keen to start getting to grips with the work and my sixth form have given me enough worksheets and bridging material to keep me interested over the summer, however I wondered if anyone had any suggestions on any articles/books or other things I could just read to learn a little bit around my subjects. Any responses would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Hi,

I would suggest reading some articles from the Physics Review Magazines published by Hodder Education with research from UK universities (like York). They are designed for A-level students and are a good way to start further reading into a subject. They usually bring out the magazines with related topics coinciding with those brought up in your lessons (for me anyway). They helped me to get a good first grasp on research into my subject (Biology for me) and it sounds like it's what you are looking for :smile:

Your sixth form may have them if they have a magazine section, otherwise you can buy them from some shops or get a subscription to them online (though I would recommend reading 1 or 2 to see if they are for you)
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest