The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trouble234
Hi all, I am also off to study physiotherapy this year. I applied to Bournemouth, Brighton, Teeside, Bristol, and Liverpool and got 4 interviews and 3 offers. If anyone wants any advice on any of these unis or the application process feel free to ask.

Hi im going to see Brighton this weekend. Any advice for interviews as this is something that i have very little knowledge of.
Thanks
Reply 2701
Original post by libby.2015
Anyone firmed liverpool?

I have, mine was an unconditional offer so I'll be there in September
Original post by Sophiejade97
Has anyone firmed University of Worcester?

Hi. I've firmed Worcester and have got my access grades just waiting for the certificate to send to uni so will be going in September. I'm a mature student and will be commuting from
Birmingham.
Has anyone considered Osteopathy?
Original post by EJS12
I have, mine was an unconditional offer so I'll be there in September

Can i ask what your grades were?
Reply 2705
Original post by libby.2015
Can i ask what your grades were?

I got AAB at A Level :smile:
Original post by stu21
Anyone here know if its alright to talk about a lot about sport in personal statement since NHS funding dropped for 2017 entry? Hence, would it be sensible to just get sporting work experience? Lastly, would having the Extended Project help?

hey, try keep sport as a minimal focus, went to an open day last week (to ask questions regarding starting this september) and the course leader stressed how they want to hear that you have an understanding for the wide range of areas within physio; even though funding has been dropped, the profession is still the same and include if your statement is sports based then they often recommend you for the sports therapy course instead! hope this helps!
(edited 7 years ago)
Is anyone going to Uni of Hertfordshire in September? If so is there a group chat for us all?

Also, I want to start some early reading over summer. Can anyone recommend any books that are good to read for physiotherapy, like anatomy/physiology books?
Hi guys,

Current Nottingham student here, any questions just fire away! :smile:

Beth
Has anyone here firmed Southampton BSc?? :smile:
Original post by rachel8703
Ive firmed Southampton

I've firmed Southampton too! 😁
Did you have a conditional or unconditional offer?
Original post by sab1900
Has anyone considered Osteopathy?

I seriously considered it for a while, seems like a good option if you're interested in musculoskeletal Physiotherapy as it focuses on that from the start
Original post by BethCarey
Hi guys,

Current Nottingham student here, any questions just fire away! :smile:

Beth

Hi, how are you finding the course in general, is it quite challenging? Just wondering as well if you need to buy a stethoscope? :smile:
Are there any Southampton groups? I have just had my offer accepted after getting my results :-) anybody else going Southampton in September?
Anyone firmed Brunel? 😊
add me tooo please !!
gary gold
Reply 2717
Does anybody know if there is a Facebook group for Uni of Liverpool physios yet?
hey guys in terms of A level results day is there anything you need to prepare for ready for clearing? I know its unlikely but to give yourself the best possible chance of at least getting through to discuss a place
Reply 2719
Hi im just wondering if £2300 is the maximum loan physios can get without having dependents etc?

Ill be moving out in accomodation that costs £4500per year and £2300 just seems like a very small amount, I will also be working 20 hours poer week to help me through it.

I know theres no course fees, but how do they expect us live through uni with such a low maintanence loan?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending