The Student Room Group

McDonalds and nose piercings?

Hi all,

I was stupid enough to go and get my nose pierced after I got employed on Sunday at McDonald's and my first shift starts tomorrow. I got it pierced with a flesh coloured stud which doesn't look that noticeable...

I was just wondering if there is anyone who works at McDonalds who can give me insight to the approach I may get if it's noticed? It's a fresh piercing so I won't be taking it out, could I just put a round blue plaster over it if worse comes to worse?:s-smilie:
Original post by YeoniSmol
Hi all,

I was stupid enough to go and get my nose pierced after I got employed on Sunday at McDonald's and my first shift starts tomorrow. I got it pierced with a flesh coloured stud which doesn't look that noticeable...

I was just wondering if there is anyone who works at McDonalds who can give me insight to the approach I may get if it's noticed? It's a freh piercing so I won't be taking it out, could I just put a round blue plaster over it if worse comes to worse?:s-smilie:

No. You are not allowed to have a nose piercing, end of story. They will make you take it out. If you refuse, you won't be working there anymore. It doesnt matter how noticeable it looks, its a food safety hazard.

I have worked at McDonald's and working at KFC now, if you don't take out your piercings / refuse to wash off your lipstick or whatever, you are gone.
Reply 2
Original post by lolakirk
No. You are not allowed to have a nose piercing, end of story. They will make you take it out. If you refuse, you won't be working there anymore. It doesnt matter how noticeable it looks, its a food safety hazard.

I have worked at McDonald's and working at KFC now, if you don't take out your piercings / refuse to wash off your lipstick or whatever, you are gone.

I guess I was expecting that kind of response! Thank you.
I have seen people in mcdonalds with nose,ear,lip,eyebrow piercings so idk if they care.
Original post by idontknowmedoyou
I have seen people in mcdonalds with nose,ear,lip,eyebrow piercings so idk if they care.

In your imagination.
Reply 5
Yeah I have seen the odd few with piercings in, although barely noticeable - I think this is where my confusion has stemmed from. If I have to take it out then it is what it is I guess (although a waste of £25, but I can't choose that over my job):s-smilie:
Original post by lolakirk
In your imagination.

no? why would I make that up?
Reply 7
Haha, seems so! My boss is actually quite friendly (hopefully I'll gain some brownie points there):tongue: I was just hoping to get away with it as I am very young just coming out of school, and I seemed to have made a good impression after being hired on the spot, but obviously these are assumptions that can only be proven on the dreaded first shift.:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending