The Student Room Group

The world's top jobs - in the hands of women!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fullofsurprises
"
If Hillary Clinton wins the American presidential election in November, there will be women in charge of five of the leading countries and organisations in the world - the US, the UK, Germany, the IMF and the US Federal Reserve. "
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-36778960

Who'd have thought? :clap2:

This seems like great news (I am willing to overlook for the sake of this discussion that Theresa May is a Tory) and I wonder if we will now get even more women leaders coming through in countries that remain (in practise, if not in rhetoric) fiercely hostile to feminism such as Russia and China.

So go Hillary, go! :woo:

Let's make this the global year of women taking power! :party2:

Relevant Matt:

relevantmatt.png

He's on fire in July, by the way folks:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/30/matt-cartoons-july-2016/
Original post by Ladbants
Why don't we make this the year of good politicians taking power, regardless of their gender and not use their gender as a credential?

Their CVs:

"Gender: Female" :giggle: :giggle:
Original post by Craig1998
..?

think he's trolling
Original post by Mathemagicien
You are willing to overlook the fact that Theresa May's policies disagree with almost all of your own, purely because she has a vagina?

Surely we shouldn't care about their genders? Don't we want the best people for the job, regardless of their genitals?

Is there anyone with a bigger mandate than Theresa May?
We shouldn't care about the gender of our leaders. Sadly, however, I can see Shillary winning simply because people want to see the first female president.

The only thing that should matter about a leader is their policy and their ability to lead.

And Justin 'Lord of the Cucks' Trudeau is basically a woman, so you might as well count him.
A woman has been in charge of this country since 1952 :wink:
Original post by Dandaman1
We shouldn't care about the gender of our leaders. Sadly, however, I can see Shillary winning simply because people want to see the first female president.

The only thing that should matter about a leader is their policy and their ability to lead.

And Justin 'Lord of the Cucks' Trudeau is basically a woman, so you might as well count him.

Maybe people are voting for Hillary because the alternative is the literal spawn of Satan. Just a thought.
Original post by tanyapotter
Maybe people are voting for Hillary because the alternative is the literal spawn of Satan. Just a thought.

Trump is the second coming of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.

There are also third parties to vote for. Despite common belief, it's not a Trump-Clinton dichotomy.

And it wasn't just her and Trump in the primaries, remember.
Original post by Rorschach II
Their CVs:

"Gender: Female" :giggle: :giggle:

Andrea Leadsom's CV:
"I'm a mum"
Merkel by a huge margin, at least until the refugee blunder

I meant a bigger mandate to be Prime Minister :redface:
Original post by Drewski
A woman has been in charge of this country since 1952 :wink:

I suspect that's more true than we know. :holmes:
Her Majesty The Queen is head of state of 16 countries and many other dependencies. She's also head of the Commonwealth of 50+ nations.
Original post by Ladbants
Andrea Leadsom's CV:
"I'm a mum"

Perhaps she lied about that too.
Instead of celebrating **** leaders like Clinton and May because they're women, we should be celebrating brilliant leaders like Merkel who just happen to be women.
Well, she had a big mandate against awful opponents. How good a mandate is it, if I were elected with 100% of the votes, when the alternative was a suspiciously inanimate potato?

True.

What is suspicious about a potato being inanimate? What kind of potatoes do you deal with?
Original post by JordanL_
Instead of celebrating **** leaders like Clinton and May because they're women, we should be celebrating brilliant leaders like Merkel who just happen to be women.

Why do you think May is [going to be] a **** leader?

"'cus Conservative Party"

Shame on you.

But congrats on being indifferent to their gender.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MildredMalone
Nothing Mr Trump has suggested would damage America, unlike Hilary.

Really? You don't think that getting the Mexicans to pay for and build a wall to keep them out of the US might be a bit inflammatory?

You don't think that banning Muslims from travelling to the US might provoke foreign outrage from all around the world?

You don't think that deporting 11 million illegals in the US wouldn't have a massive negative impact on the economy?

What planet are you on? Trump will divide the US. He certainly won't bring it together. Be prepared for mass civil unrest and rioting if he wins.
Like he says - making US great again... I think not.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Relevant Matt:

relevantmatt.png

He's on fire in July, by the way folks:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/30/matt-cartoons-july-2016/

He is good, those are really, really funny!

I particularly liked this one. :lol:

Original post by Fullofsurprises
He is good, those are really, really funny!

I particularly liked this one.

Yeah - I don't know how he manages to be consistently so good over so many years.

I also really enjoyed this one :teehee:

Spoiler

That is why the world is doomed when they use IDENTITY politics to control us

Remember when Sanders was called a sexist and getting in the way of progress because he is a man?

You should simply vote for Hillary, as she is a woman after all and not an evil man!

Stupid *****

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending