The Student Room Group

How do people manage to go on so many dates?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blondie987
I'm in the same boat, but I'm very ugly so that explains it lol :lol:

No one is very ugly...everyone is beautiful in their own way

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Original post by iEthan
Equally, as a nerd. That's not always true. :wink:

You must have been brought somewhere where the females weren't shallow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DropletInfection
Im telling you, if you have a good personality you can go far, not just with girls but everywhere. With looks you cant maintain a real relationship, you are just in it for the sex. Ive seen plenty of ugly guys getting girls, enough to make you think how did he ever get her..
Just keep working on your personality and never stop. Build enough confidence in you so that you can approach to girls without hesitation. From then on its just numbers game.. If you approach 100 girls and some reject you does it really matter?

Well I'd like to think so!
Which isn't what I want! I want a strong relationship with a girl who loves me back!
I've seen 0, which isn't encouraging for me.
That's exactly what I am doing!
Yeah I need to work on that, I chickened out when I went to speak to my last crush. I went for it the next time I saw her a had a nice convo with her!
As long as some accept me, no.
Original post by Andy98
It is a load of crap, I agree.

But as a nerd - I know what it's like to be the not so attractive one from the group, we do have to make the first move. We have to tell them how we feel straight away to even stand a chance

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by iEthan
Equally, as a nerd. That's not always true. :wink:

Lolnerds. Let a real man handle this. Guys usually have to ask girls out because thats just how it is. Whether you've experienced something else or not, it doesnt matter. Everyone has experienced that one girl asking out that one guy. Its not sexism. Girls prefer it if guys approach them. Search this anywhere on the internet/dating sites. This is especially true for ugly guys, no girl is really going to make an effort to go out of their way and talk to him. That is the structure of our society, whether you want to call it sexism or racism i dont care.
lol. You dont look that ugly. You probably need to work on your confidence and personality
Reply 85
Lolnerds. Let a real man handle this. Guys usually have to ask girls out because thats just how it is. Whether you've experienced something else or not, it doesnt matter. Everyone has experienced that one girl asking out that one guy. Its not sexism. Girls prefer it if guys approach them. Search this anywhere on the internet/dating sites. This is especially true for ugly guys, no girl is really going to make an effort to go out of their way and talk to him. That is the structure of our society, whether you want to call it sexism or racism i dont care.

That's what I was saying, psychologically girls crave the attention. Us nerds just know how to show it without looking like a caveman. Also, we have to be persistent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately, a lot of guys prefer looks over personality. This is a generalisation but is generally true. But you can still try I guess
lol. You dont look that ugly. You probably need to work on your confidence and personality

Nah they just don't like me. :tongue:
Original post by Mrs House
Be honest and tell me who would be happy and content with waiting till their 50s for their first partner.

That's just pathetic. Like I said, people who expect fate to work magic and bring the "right" person are fools.

I don't care. Like I said, I don't understand why people are so desperate to find a partner. There is absolutely nothing wrong with patiently waiting until you find a person that suits you. It doesn't take genius to figure out that rushing into a relationship doesn't always lead to a long-lasting one - something that I would much rather have instead of being with a partner for the sake of having a partner. And if that means I have to wait for a long time then so be it. It doesn't have anything to do with 'fate' or 'magic' and if you can't see that then perhaps you are the fool.

There is a lot more to life than having a partner and that goes to OP too.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Platopus
If someone claims to have had 4000 girlfriends by the age of 20, they're either
A) Lying
B) Chances are, of those 4000 has given them an STI

Seriously though, you will find your "one". Don't give up, you sound like a great guy. And you have a good taste in cars :smile:

Well I was exaggerating a bit but 10-20 is accurate!
But yeah that's true.
I'm fine without having one tbh! Don't really want one!

I sure hope so! Damn thanks man! Appreciated!
Woop! That's a major compliment for me :biggrin:
Thanks!
Lol. Ive seen your other thread and I somewhat used to be like you. You just need to get better at communication. Girls probably just ignore you cos you dont communicate with them well enough

I really wish you'd stop saying that tbh!
You're not ugly! Trust me!
You'll find someone soon!
An attractive amazing young lady will be with you soon! Guaranteed!
Lol. Ive seen your other thread and I somewhat used to be like you. You just need to get better at communication. Girls probably just ignore you cos you dont communicate with them well enough

They simply aren't interested in me, mate.

If you want to continue talking feel free to PM me, but I don't want to derail the thread.
Original post by PrincessBO$$
They may be lying. Some guys say they have a new date every day to impress their friends:dontknow:

Spoiler

Yeah that's true. But I bet some aren't lying though! They're always posting images with them next to a different girl each time!

Spoiler

Ok, my last post about this...
Why arent they interested in you? You probably arent interesting in a conventional way.
As I always say, theres plenty of paths to getting a girlfriend, looks and money are just two of them. If you ever observed an interesting person you would see they dont need to make any effort in talking to girls because their personality itself attracts girls towards them.
Ok, my last post about this...
Why arent they interested in you? You probably arent interesting in a conventional way.
As I always say, theres plenty of paths to getting a girlfriend, looks and money are just two of them. If you ever observed an interesting person you would see they dont need to make any effort in talking to girls because their personality itself attracts girls towards them.

I do plenty with my life.
bro who said you're mentally unstable?
Original post by Emily.97
When i said that place i meant metaphorically being in the place where yoi find some one.

Ah I see!
Well there's no telling where it would be!
Original post by Angry Bird
bro who said you're mentally unstable?

Ill pm that to you
Original post by iEthan
This whole... 'Guys have to ask first'/'Guys have to make the first move' is absolute crap. The way you guys spoke to Airmed was condescending and to be honest... Quite sexist. Please show more care and consideration in future and respect other people.... Everyone has different opinions and experiences and not everyone can always be right. Do your best to remember that.

Don't worry too much OP, trust me. When the right person comes it'll all work out. The original advice Airmed gave before she was humiliated was brilliant. :closedeyes:

Agreed!
Wait including me? I apologize if I did! I didn't mean too!
Yes agreed!

Well you mean if the right person comes!
Agreed! I'm not impressed with the way she was treated there!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply