The Student Room Group

New terror attack france many dead

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lord Samosa
Nobody's blaming Brexiters and trump. Grow up and stay on topic. You don't have turn everything into an anti-left wing rant. Don't use this horrible incident to push your agenda.

we are not, we are simply saying that people will miss the reasons behind this and blame things totally unnecessary.
Original post by MrDystopia
Guns and grenades found inside the truck (Don't know if that was already posted about here in thread).

Thank god there wasn't a bomb.
Original post by TercioOfParma
How exactly is that? By pointing out nothing is happening when hundreds are killed? By pointing out that people just get up and play some silly song and do nothing?

It is that exact reason that the middle east thinks we are weak and vulnerable.

I'm pretty sure the entire Middle East isn't looking to attack the West. You have to remember they're the biggest victims of these scumbags. (Looking at what ISIS have done to Iraq and Syria)
I'm pretty sure the entire Middle East isn't looking to attack the West. You have to remember they're the biggest victims of these scumbags. (Looking at what ISIS have done to Iraq and Syria)

Well then, why are there islamic preachers calling us weak?

Of course, I don't mean everybody living there. However, there is a significant minority which is certainly thinking this.
Unfortunately, only more authoritarian measures, such as greater snooping and more powers to detain extremists, will prevent these attacks proliferating.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NickLCFC
What's your example of 'real action'? Widespread Islamophobic rhetoric? That's all we can see coming from you. If anything you are making the situation worse.

Please just set aside your agenda and spare some thoughts for the victims of this tragedy.

Look What good does thoughts do nothing can be done now to prevent what has happened, we need to focus on how to prevent this and making sure that people are safe. It is a grim outlook but it is the best. Posting prayfornice does nothing to help
Islamic terrorist attack checklist:

Don't mention the fact that it was in the name of Islam. (x)
People change their profile pictures to a version with the french flag. ( )
People make the conversation about guns and mental health. ( )
A variation of #NotAllMuslims and/or #PrayForNice starts to trend on twitter. ( )
We need to start actually addressing the problem, rather than hiding it under the rug like it doesn't exist. We need to stop silencing freedom of speech related to this too.

I am not saying we persecute people based on their religion, but, people need to know that this is, in fact, an islamic problem for a reason.

Of course I feel bad about the victims. However, we can be sad for the victims and act.

Unfortunately, the left are more likely to attempt to use such an attack as a method of further increasing the suppression of free speech.
Original post by The_Opinion
Has anybody blamed Trump for the attack yet? Leftists are a little slow tonight.

But of course. That just goes without saying. Also to blame are UKIP, Nigel Farage, Brexit, straight white men in general, the slave trade, gun ownership, toxic masculinity, colonialism, the patriarchy and white privilege.

What is absolutely, positively not to blame however, is Islam.
Even if it wasn't a bomb there is 73 dead and maybe more yet
Original post by Reformed
france was attacked long before intervention in any of those places - in 1990s. in addition to which france was attacked simply becuase a newspaper published a cartoon if you recall

OK then Algeria.

My guess is that at least one of these guys will have some connection.
We need to start actually addressing the problem, rather than hiding it under the rug like it doesn't exist. We need to stop silencing freedom of speech related to this too.

I am not saying we persecute people based on their religion, but, people need to know that this is, in fact, an islamic problem for a reason.

Of course I feel bad about the victims. However, we can be sad for the victims and act.

You don't seem to have specified your defining solution that will end all this, and yet you blame the left for your frustration at the lack of action taking place. All you have asked for is permission to speak out against Islam more often...
The only way we can prevent this from happening is by bringing people together and uniting all races and religions. Mindlessly placing the place on an entire religion does not help to solve the issue.

That multikulti drivel is exactly what has caused all these problems in the first place:facepalm:
Original post by tanyapotter
You don't seem to have specified your defining solution that will end all this, and yet you blame the left for your frustration at the lack of action taking place. All you have asked for is permission to speak out against Islam more often...

I don't blame the left, I blame the government.

Yes, no idea shouldn't be uncriticised, and islam should be criticised more to show those who would attack our countries we aren't afraid to criticise their ideology.
The only way we can prevent this from happening is by bringing people together and uniting all races and religions. Mindlessly placing the place on an entire religion does not help to solve the issue.

Yeah that sound so easy, lets unite religions that mostly all in some way see people not in there religion to varying degrees. "Uniting" the world is a feat near impossible and people nearly as hard
Original post by tanyapotter
:frown:

Also, I take it some children have been killed? Or not..? I can't seem to find a source that will verify this. I really, really hope not.

I've just seen the footage of the truck actually hitting the crowd.

Sadly, it is clear there were plenty of children at the event and there will undoubtedly be some fatalities.
Well then, why are there islamic preachers calling us weak?

Of course, I don't mean everybody living there. However, there is a significant minority which is certainly thinking this.

which is why you need to refrain from saying "the Middle East." There's a stupid minority out there who'd take it as if all Arab/Muslims hate them when they read that.

(Similar to when those preacher talk about "the evil westerners")
Original post by AntiMonarchist
RIP is a cheap throwaway comment most beloved by our narcissistic social media generation. Prepare yourselves for Facebook gimmicks from people who 'care' and are such wonderful compassionate, blah blah, me, me ,me!

It is generally considered a mark of respect simply to express sorrow when a tragedy happens. I'm sure you can wait a day or so before you start finger-jabbing at innocent, law-abiding Muslims. It has always been considered crass by every generation to make political capital out of a tragedy while the dead are still warm.
which is why you need to refrain from saying "the Middle East." There's a stupid minority out there who'd take it as if all Arab/Muslims hate them when they read that.

(Similar to when those preacher talk about "the evil westerners":wink:

Alright then, but the majority you cannot deny comes from these countries.
I am speechless. Has this been linked yet to terrorism?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending