The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

A Graduate in Brighton

Hello everyone,
I hope I am not that off topic but I would like some advice regarding a career option.
I am a graduate Engineer student and I manage to get an offer from a company in Brighton , so I am thinking about moving there. The salary although is relatively low (20k- which means I think 1300+ per month) and I am not sure if it is enough to live in Brighton. I am struggling while calculating monthly costs and I hope I could hear your opinion.
Thank you in advance!
Original post by gsb7
Hello everyone,
I hope I am not that off topic but I would like some advice regarding a career option.
I am a graduate Engineer student and I manage to get an offer from a company in Brighton , so I am thinking about moving there. The salary although is relatively low (20k- which means I think 1300+ per month) and I am not sure if it is enough to live in Brighton. I am struggling while calculating monthly costs and I hope I could hear your opinion.
Thank you in advance!

What type of accommodation are you looking for and can you consider commuting?
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Marshall Taylor
What type of accommodation are you looking for and can you consider commuting?

I am guessing I will be looking for a shared house cause as I can see in Brighton flats are way over my salary.
Original post by gsb7
I am guessing I will be looking for a shared house cause as I can see in Brighton flats are way over my salary.

Try and find some room mates or university students to share a flat with?
Hey mate,

Accommodation is a mixed bag down here. There are rooms in house shares from around £400pcm. To get your own place is really expensive, considering wages (it's not known as London on Sea for nothing!). However, just like in London, there is the option of living outside of town - places like Worthing, Seaford etc are not far away but considerably cheaper.One thing I would say though, is that the quality of life here is excellent; it's a very liberal city with loads going on, whatever takes your fancy (sports, arts, the beach, loads of pubs and restaurants), and it's all very accessible with everything pretty much in walking distance if you live in Brighton proper.

Also take into account that a salary is likely to rise as time goes by (although check this with the employer). £20,000 a year is a pretty healthy salary down here, graduate or not and loads of people get by on much less.

Good luck with it all and well done for graduating!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending