The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Horrible thing is that everytime it happens it feels less and less like news, and more and more like it's just an everyday part of life.
Original post by difeo
not Nice to see

Cannes you please not make jokes about this situation.
Original post by Louis.
Horrible thing is that everytime it happens it feels less and less like news, and more and more like it's just an everyday part of life.

Pretty much have a routine of f5ing bbc. **** having a routine for **** like this.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Cannes you please not make jokes about this situation.

^ Nantes :rolleyes:
Original post by difeo
not Nice to see

You're a really bad person...
Original post by Lúcio

:undefined:laugh
Original post by Lúcio

It was just a Lille joke
Original post by difeo
It was just a Lille joke

I'll cut you
Original post by difeo
But Boris is more at fault for the consequences

True, but he wont be the public face of what is to come.. he will always shoulder some of the blame for the referendum result (but equally more then half of the people will be happy with him for that)

The difference for me will be that personally I think that the IN voters will hate both regardless.. but the OUT voters who realise that they cant have what they want, and who have to live with a good few years of problems, will blame the leader + the more local ministers.. (see bellow)

Original post by Zerforax
See I don't think Boris is. He was playing the long game by siding with Brexit. He then wanted to be leader but got stabbed in the back by Gove so he pulled out with a view to the long term.

I don't think he expected to get the Foreign Secretary role. He now has to negotiate hard since he wanted Brexit but equally knows a bad deal is harmful to the UK. May has put the onus on BJ to sort out the mess. If it goes well, she'll get the credit. If it goes badly, everyone will blame Boris.

for me the foreign secretary wont take the brunt of the blame for the problems we face, purely because most of our problems I will manifest domestically. When the education budget is cut, and the teachers are not happy it will be the education minister they attack, public services are cut.. it will go to that minister etc.

At the moment by and large other countries have been pretty nice towards us, especially non-EU countries that now want to work with us.. so for boris, I don't think his job will be as hard as the home-based ministers who will have to live with the consequences of our increased domestic problems.

I agree that this wasn't his plan - but I think once he realized what Gove was up to, he changed tactics.. dropping quickly and quietly has worked out great for him, as Gove is now out of a job, whereas he has a high-profile role in the next government. And is nicely in line for the top job next
Original post by Lúcio
I'll cut you

Pls don't I have too much Toulouse
Reply 6970
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Probably about right

I love The Pit so I'll always have a soft spot for 1

The kids stuff cut deep. Mad how a bunch of youths took this show to the peak of quality TV. Season 4 was something else.
(edited 7 years ago)

Bit of a stretch.. he's just saying that anything that "negatively influences the mind and harms the player or others without being aware of that".

So basically he's saying having any sort of hobby is haram :rolleyes:
Original post by fallen_acorns
for me the foreign secretary wont take the brunt of the blame for the problems we face, purely because most of our problems I will manifest domestically. When the education budget is cut, and the teachers are not happy it will be the education minister they attack, public services are cut.. it will go to that minister etc.

At the moment by and large other countries have been pretty nice towards us, especially non-EU countries that now want to work with us.. so for boris, I don't think his job will be as hard as the home-based ministers who will have to live with the consequences of our increased domestic problems.

I agree that this wasn't his plan - but I think once he realized what Gove was up to, he changed tactics.. dropping quickly and quietly has worked out great for him, as Gove is now out of a job, whereas he has a high-profile role in the next government. And is nicely in line for the top job next

Agreed he won't get the blame for general economy issues but when we come away from negotiations as being part of the single market on the basis of free movement of people, they will blame Boris for lying.

Does he get the deal the 52% want and screw over the economy or piss off the 52% to save the economy? He can't really win and I think it will put a huge dent in his career from becoming PM.

Boris is partly lucky that he got a high profile job. No doubt he was ready to go off on holiday when he got offered it. I wonder if he'd have the balls to turn it down knowing it's a poisoned chalice..
He'll get blamed for everything because everything will be blamed on brexit. It's not like may can blame it on the previous government.
****ing Pokemon Go making me leave the apartment. At least my walk to work is more enjoyable now though.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
****ing Pokemon Go making me leave the apartment. At least my walk to work is more enjoyable now though.

Can't wait to go to work on Monday, walking down Leeds business district in my suit tapping all the Pokestops.
Original post by Rk2k14
@zKlown@Kenan and Kel@swirly

Thoughts on The Wire's season rankings?

McNulty's ex wife is a worldy:colondollar:
Reply 6977
Original post by swirly
McNulty's ex wife is a worldy:colondollar:

She got attitude problems tho ngl. Cant be dealing with girls like that swirly ygm.

Also wtf is this game. Seen people crying over it.
[video="youtube;ar7LyaxbXsU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar7LyaxbXsU[/video]
Original post by Rk2k14
She got attitude problems tho ngl. Cant be dealing with girls like that swirly ygm.

[video="youtube;ar7LyaxbXsU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar7LyaxbXsU[/video]

at this point, how do you not know what pokemon go is. even my grandma knows ffs.
Reply 6979
Original post by Rk2k14

You need to have had Pokemon in your childhood to understand

The day it came out I remember walking to the station thinking.. "whenever it comes to the UK I'm not be like everyone else and waste my life away, gonna be above it"

..came out a few hours later and man caught my first Pokemon hehe

Latest