The Student Room Group

New terror attack france many dead

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DorianGrayism
Well, it isn't that incredible.

If that is hard to believe then take Brevik instead.

In a terrible way Breivik's manifesto about Europe's problems with Islamic extremism will continue to uphold the supposed 'justification' of his actions.

"The time for dialogue is over. We gave peace a chance. The time for armed resistance has come."*

I fear such retaliatory attacks are likely to occur in the near future. A civil war is brewing.
Original post by Sebastian Bartlett
Yep but some are, until we all admit there are a mixture of factors with many valid points on both sides we can never solve this crisis!

I still think staining all migrants with the same brush is wrong and feeds feelings of xenophobia.
Original post by midnightice
In a terrible way Breivik's manifesto about Europe's problems with Islamic extremism will continue to uphold the supposed 'justification' of his actions.

"The time for dialogue is over. We gave peace a chance. The time for armed resistance has come."*

I fear such retaliatory attacks are likely to occur in the near future. A civil war is brewing.

Brevik copied and pasted most of his *******s from different people. The man was a complete loser.

Get real here. Most Europeans will do zero because they are not psychopaths.
Original post by Deyesy
I still think staining all migrants with the same brush is wrong and feeds feelings of xenophobia.

You obviously aren't listening, no surprise as you can't admit they are part of the problem. I never said all, you are very infuriating, like talking to a brick wall.
This crisis is directly as a result of Western inaction in Syria.

If the West had done what was correct, which was to intervene in Syria and remove Assad 5 years ago, then there wouldn't be a migrant crisis and the terrorism threat wouldn't be as great.

The greatest criticism (and for some, justification for the war on the west) of the west is the Iraq war and all of its consequences. If people complain so much about us trying to intervene (for what COULD have been a legitimate threat), it's unsurprising that we don't act when they need us.
Fox News are still insisting that there is some kind of hostage situation somewhere.

Original post by Deyesy

Who said "all migrants"?
Original post by 1010marina
The greatest criticism (and for some, justification for the war on the west) of the west is the Iraq war and all of its consequences. If people complain so much about us trying to intervene (for what COULD have been a legitimate threat), it's unsurprising that we don't act when they need us.

They should have never intervened in Iraq. It was obviously based on a load of nonsense.

However, Syria is clearly in need of intervention.

People have the audacity to complain about the situation in Libya, but Libya would be just as bad as Syria with more migrants streaming across the sea if it was not for Western intervention.

The key is that people need to be ready for intervention. The situation needs to be bad enough. That time came and passed a long time ago for Syria. That wasn't the case in Iraq.
This crisis is directly as a result of Western inaction in Syria.

If the West had done what was correct, which was to intervene in Syria and remove Assad 5 years ago, then there wouldn't be a migrant crisis and the terrorism threat wouldn't be as great.

We have such a good track record of removing dictators and instilling stability in the middle east, don't we? That really is an over-simplification of what was a very complicated situation in Syria. Removing Assad would have arguably caused greater levels of turmoil in the region, not the opposite.
Original post by Sebastian Bartlett
You obviously aren't listening, no surprise as you can't admit they are part of the problem. I never said all, you are very infuriating, like talking to a brick wall.

Apologies for that, haven't meant to come across as though I can't see both sides to this debate :redface:

Original post by The_Opinion
Fox News are still insisting that there is some kind of hostage situation somewhere.

Who said "all migrants"?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4213640&page=13&p=66427056#post66427056
Original post by Deyesy
Apologies for that, haven't meant to come across as though I can't see both sides to this debate :redface:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4213640&page=13&p=66427056#post66427056

Link doesn't work for me.
77 Dead, more than 100 injured now.
Original post by The_Opinion
Link doesn't work for me.

TSRR.jpg
They should have never intervened in Iraq. It was obviously based on a load of nonsense.

However, Syria is clearly in need of intervention.

People have the audacity to complain about the situation in Libya, but Libya would be just as bad as Syria with more migrants streaming across the sea if it was not for Western intervention.

The key is that people need to be ready for intervention. The situation needs to be bad enough. That time came and passed a long time ago for Syria. That wasn't the case in Iraq.

And hindsight is a beautiful thing
Original post by Deyesy
TSRR.jpg
So you are proving that I did not say all migrants are terrorists.

I don't see what your point is.
I always hate social media's response to these things.

'Pray for *insert country here* '

doesn't change anything :/ mind you i havent got a better plan.

Tbh im just overly cyncical, sad event but although i feel evil saying it can guarantee in a few weeks people will have moved on and then another one will happen and nothing will change.
Original post by midnightice
We have such a good track record of removing dictators and instilling stability in the middle east, don't we? That really is an over-simplification of what was a very complicated situation in Syria. Removing Assad would have arguably caused greater levels of turmoil in the region, not the opposite.

I didn't say it was a simple situation or it would be easy. I said there is an intervention needed.

IT is nonsensical to suggest that removing Assad would cause more chaos. He created a war that spans into multiple countries in the region and millions of refugees and killed hundreds of thousands.

He has had to obliterate entire cities and worked with ISIS along the way.

The concept that removing the murderer would lead to more chaos is garbage. People are more comfortable just sitting around and doing zero.
Original post by 1010marina
And hindsight is a beautiful thing

Well, like Chilcot says, the risks were well known with Iraq.

Now, I am not going to say that an intervention in Iraq wouldn't eventually be needed but quite clearly there was not enough support in the country at the time.

Unfortunately, with 9/11, the Americans were determined to remove any possible threats and rushed in.
Original post by Salamandastron

Tbh im just overly cyncical, sad event but although i feel evil saying it can guarantee in a few weeks people will have moved on and then another one will happen and nothing will change.

Plenty have real plans to deal with the problems, but leftists just scream "racist" at the first murmurings of effective proposals. Many of such plans for vastly reduce the terrorist problems.
Original post by Deyesy
I personally think blaming migrants for terrorism (in this instance) is giving exactly what those who may have perpetrated the attacks want - which is division.

Is that really what they want?

Merely for people to be suspicious of /no longer in favour of immigrants/immigration?

I ask because they are well on the way to achieving this but I cannot for the life of me see what this great master-plan will ultimately achieve?

Most people I know well dont like Muslims -not me I emphasise though-but so what?
Original post by Salamandastron

There is nothing at all bad or even cynical about your last paragraph .Of course life will go on and this will be largely forgotten.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending