The Student Room Group

New terror attack france many dead

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tazarooni89
So then can you spell it out clearly and unambiguously to me, what kind of violence is terrorism and what kind of violence is not terrorism?*

Your question was: "Do you agree this attack was a case of Islamic terrorism."

So far, the only evidence I've been given indicates that the man was most likely to be a Muslim (i.e. of part Tunisian nationality, and using the phrase "Allahu Akbar", which is typical of Muslims).

So I agree that this attack was done by a Muslim. I'm now just waiting to hear specifically what about it makes it a Muslim terrorist attack, as opposed to any other kind of attack committed by a Muslim.

I thought this was already implicitly clear from my previous post, but perhaps not.

I'm not downplaying it, I'm just asking questions about what you think constitutes terrorism.

Here you go

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism

But let get this clear so far you DON'T agree this was an act of terrorism.
Isn't time Muslims realise the bad influence their religion can have? Regardless of its goodness or badness, I think it's time for Muslims in the West to start a new sect or whatever that has non-Violence as its main creed, maybe then we'll be able to better filter the retarded murderers.
Original post by cipi
Driver was probably playing Pokemon go.

Out of curiousity, were you trying to be funny?

I hope not
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BaconandSauce
Here you go

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism

But let get this clear so far you DON'T agree this was an act of terrorism.

So far, I neither agree nor disagree. It might be an act of terrorism, but I can't be sure.

Whether or not it was an act of terrorism depends on what objectives they were trying to achieve by doing this. At the moment I don't know what those objectives were, and I'm waiting to hear about it.

In order to become convinced that it was terrorism I'd need to know: what exactly was he trying to coerce the public/the government into doing?
(edited 7 years ago)
so sad, why would there be an islamic terror attack on a day so important to the French?
Original post by MildredMalone
why would there be an islamic terror attack on a day so important to the French?

a large group of kaffir men women and children enjoying themselves in a haram way.

for the religious motivated whats not to dislike.
Interested to see how the regressive left will apologise for ISIS and defend the terrorists this time, especially after seeing the picture of the dead child, but I deleted my facebook account just now.
Original post by drowzee
This is so terrible. When will France catch a break?

When their government stops making ridiculous decisions.
Original post by Salamandastron
I always hate social media's response to these things.

'Pray for *insert country here* '

doesn't change anything :/ mind you i havent got a better plan.

Tbh im just overly cyncical, sad event but although i feel evil saying it can guarantee in a few weeks people will have moved on and then another one will happen and nothing will change.

Twitter be like

Cue another week of French flags as profile pics, calls for '''''solidarity'''''', french flags on buildings, praying about it, and once again not being able to actually name the enemy out of fear of being seen as racist.

This is how Western civilisation falls.
Before we even think about the victims, let's all make sure Muslims feel OK.
Original post by Fugggggg :DDD
Cue another week of French flags as profile pics, calls for '''''solidarity'''''', french flags on buildings, praying about it, and once again not being able to actually name the enemy out of fear of being seen as racist.

This is how Western civilisation falls.

Its becoming a trend seriously! Something has to be done about this!
a large group of kaffir men women and children enjoying themselves in a haram way.

for the religious motivated whats not to dislike.

I think after this a FN election and Frexit is all but confirmed.

The most important job of any government is to keep the electorate safe. Hollande and the EU can't actually do this, as we saw at Charlie Hebdo, Paris attacks and now this.

Something has to be done, and the a good first step would be to actually say what it is, a terrorist attack carried out by islamic extremists.

This #notallmuslims trend actually contributes to the downfall of kufars.
and as we know anything can be a trigger and this is the problem as it results in us living on fear of causing offence should someone find allah and get stabby or now we see then same as we see the palestinians doing to the Israeli's using vehicles to cause mass slaughter.

And any human can be susceptible to a trigger, just like the Dallas murders where the police violence against black people was the trigger. Still don't get why we have to focus on all muslims with these triggers when a few, 0.0125% as an approximation, go on to commit these terrible acts.
Original post by jake4198

Thought the first thing to do with events like these is to blame all muslims.
Original post by Craig1998
And any human can be susceptible to a trigger, just like the Dallas murders where the police violence against black people was the trigger. Still don't get why we have to focus on all muslims with these triggers when a few, 0.0125% as an approximation, go on to commit these terrible acts.

It's also those who support or deny this is an issue

they are just as dangerous.

But the root issue is Islam denying this is part of the problem
Original post by jake4198

I'm waiting for the usual guardian articles
Original post by tazarooni89
How exactly does that make it a terrorist attack?

It confirms that the person is (most likely) a Muslim, sure. But how do you know that it is a Muslim terrorist attack, as opposed to just an attack committed by a Muslim?

It shows that his religion was the reason why he carried out the attack. If someone shouted "Praise Jesus" I, even as a Christian, would admit that he was a Christian terrorist. But that doesn't really happen...
(edited 7 years ago)
Sky News mentioned there were no go zones in France. They really need to sort this out to stop radicalisation and home grown terrorism.
Original post by Craig1998
Thought the first thing to do with events like these is to blame all muslims.

I'm sure everybody is doing that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending