The Student Room Group

Should we deport Muslims who believe in Sharia?

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/14/12196482/newt-gingrich-muslims-sharia

Surely people who are disloyal to their country should lose citizenship and be deported? I don't see what's wrong with us deporting people who go against our society's principles and values. Of course, it will be very hard to apply this in real life but I don't see what's wrong with the principle of this.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Should we deport Christians who believe in the death penalty?
Where are you going to deport them to? The fact is that many Muslims who do support Sharia are born and raised here. Anjem Choudary for example was born and raised in the UK. To where does one deport a British citizen?
I think we should deport people who think we should deport people who agree with Shariah - it might drag up the average national IQ.
You can't police people's thoughts, part of being a free country means entitling people to believe what they wish. But if they act via Sharia in opposition to UK statute law then yes, that must of course have consequences.
Reply 5
Original post by Dez
Should we deport Christians who believe in the death penalty?

The death penalty for something like murder or mass murder is somewhat justifiable. Cutting off the hand of thiefs, killing gays, killing apostates, killing blasphemers isn't something that Christians believe in, at least since after the Reformation.
Reply 6
Original post by Trapz99
The death penalty for something like murder or mass murder is somewhat justifiable. Cutting off the hand of thiefs, killing gays, killing apostates, killing blasphemers isn't something that Christians believe in, at least since after the Reformation.

But if they did believe in those things, deporting them would be fine?
Reply 7
Deportation is impossible, so in actuality we're unable to do so.
I believe that Sharia law is in direct opposition to our morality and laws as a country (cutting off hands, stoning homosexuals, etc, is wrong and against our country's laws) then there should be consequences for those people. Islam is fine - it's a religion just like any other - but Sharia law is not okay and should be prevented. We're not being dragged back to the stone age, which Sharia law is in.
No but we must make sure that none of their Barbaric laws are ever put into action In any modern country.
Reply 9
Original post by Dez

Are you joking? Sharia Law is very different to the death penalty. Whilst I disagree with it, it is still justified - killing someone who murdered someone else makes at least some sense, as they committed a horrid crime. Stoning gay people, cutting off hands of people, etc, is something we should NOT have in this country. If you read what Sharia Law is and what the people who agree with it believe in, it's somewhat disgusting.
It would be pointless tbh. Although the Sharia law is just a disgusting concept as a whole it's not like Muslims would actually make it happen...as in we would adapt to the laws.
I think we need more ice cream bars
Reply 12
Original post by celloel
Are you joking? Sharia Law is very different to the death penalty. Whilst I disagree with it, it is still justified - killing someone who murdered someone else makes at least some sense, as they committed a horrid crime. Stoning gay people, cutting off hands of people, etc, is something we should NOT have in this country. If you read what Sharia Law is and what the people who agree with it believe in, it's somewhat disgusting.

But these things are all condoned by the Bible as well. Why is Sharia so special? If you're going to deport people for thought crimes why are you deliberately excluding a group of fundamentalists just because their rule book has a different title on the cover?
Original post by Dez

Very often, there is nowhere to deport them to. However, a lot of Muslims that believe in these things are immigrants and we can deport them since we know what country they came from.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Dez
But these things are all condoned by the Bible as well. Why is Sharia so special? If you're going to deport people for thought crimes why are you deliberately excluding a group of fundamentalists just because their rule book has a different title on the cover?

We're a Christian country, but Islam is a recent import. Of course the peaceful Muslims that don't believe in these things should stay.
Reply 15
Original post by Trapz99
dry often, there is nowhere to deport them, too. However, a lot of Muslims that believe in these things are immigrants and we can deport them since we know what country they came from.

Most muslims in the UK are not immigrants, that's a complete myth.
Reply 16
Yes, we must clamp down on thoughtcrime.. :rolleyes:
Original post by Dez
Most muslims in the UK are not immigrants, that's a complete myth.

However a large proportion will be born to people who are immigrants
But in reply to the OP

No. but they should be ostracized and ridiculed and any attempts to implement any form should result in a severe penalty
The only solution is get rid of religion.

Quick Reply