The Student Room Group

Overwatch thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GUMI
Ahaha so many adds, i keep forgetting I posted my battletag on here xD
If any of you are every online and I am too, just shoot me a message or invite :biggrin:

I sent you a request btw my name is honeybadger, lets play when i get to a higher level xD
Original post by Kyalimers
Incredibly addictive game. Just getting in to it at level 13.

Kyalimers#2603 if anyone wants to add.

Ill add you we are similar level!
Original post by Alexion
OHMYGOD REALLY

I love her already and now I'm gonna love her even more :ahee:

These are her full Ptr patch notes:

Defense MatrixCooldown decreased from 10 seconds to 1 secondA new resource meter has been added. This meter will deplete while Defense Matrix is active and then recharge when it’s not in use.Defense Matrix takes 10 seconds to reach full charge from emptyAt a full charge, Defense Matrix will last for 4 secondsDefense Matrix will now remain active as long as its assigned hotkey is heldDefense Matrix has been reclassified as an alternate fire and is now bound to RMB (by default)An option to “Toggle Defense Matrix” has been added under Options > Controls > D.VaSelf-DestructUltimate cost decreased by 15%Explosion delay reduced from 4 seconds to 3 secondsExplosion no longer damages D.Va (the player who activates it)
Original post by Vikingninja
These are her full Ptr patch notes:

Defense Matrix
Cooldown decreased from 10 seconds to 1 second
A new resource meter has been added. This meter will deplete while Defense Matrix is active and then recharge when it’s not in use.
Defense Matrix takes 10 seconds to reach full charge from empty
At a full charge, Defense Matrix will last for 4 seconds
Defense Matrix will now remain active as long as its assigned hotkey is held
Defense Matrix has been reclassified as an alternate fire and is now bound to RMB (by default)
An option to “Toggle Defense Matrix” has been added under Options > Controls > D.Va
Self-Destruct
Ultimate cost decreased by 15%
Explosion delay reduced from 4 seconds to 3 seconds
Explosion no longer damages D.Va (the player who activates it)

fml this is the best thing ever :ahee:
I have only been able to watch Ana's gameplay on Twitch, because I play the game on PS4. I think her ult is too powerful and needs to be toned down a bit. If it stays the way it is, she is going to be in every top tier team, because she makes other heroes way too OP during the duration of Nano Boost.

Seeing Genji and Zarya use their ults, while being Nano Boosted is terrifying. I know ults are supposed to be powerful. Especially when they're used together, but I see no counter play here.
Original post by NathanW18
I have only been able to watch Ana's gameplay on Twitch, because I play the game on PS4. I think her ult is too powerful and needs to be toned down a bit. If it stays the way it is, she is going to be in every top tier team, because she makes other heroes way too OP during the duration of Nano Boost.

Seeing Genji and Zarya use their ults, while being Nano Boosted is terrifying. I know ults are supposed to be powerful. Especially when they're used together, but I see no counter play here.

You can still kill the person fast if a team focus fires them. Which results in two ults being lost, also another ana can sleep them during the ult. Mcree can also stun the person and I think if you stun then it takes them out of ult, not sure never seen it done. I like the ult because it makes up for the fact that her healing and other support capabilities can be inconsistent.

Original post by Alexion
fml this is the best thing ever :ahee:

I like the bonuses to the shield because it makes it more adjustable rather than just staying there for ages and possibly wasting it, don't like the no death thing to the suicide because it makes it too easy (and as I said about you will get so many annoying potg's where you just see them emoting next to the mech, seen some where they did it and failed to kill anyone except for themselves).
(edited 7 years ago)
I like the bonuses to the shield because it makes it more adjustable rather than just staying there for ages and possibly wasting it, don't like the no death thing to the suicide because it makes it too easy (and as I said about you will get so many annoying potg's where you just see them emoting next to the mech, seen some where they did it and failed to kill anyone except for themselves).

I like the shorter fuse time on Self-Destruct, makes it a more effective weapon. But with that, it could make it impossible for d.va to escape if she pops it stationary...

I think the no death - or at least a non-fatal damage - is necessary to go with the shorter fuse.
Anyone finding the hit detection on this game to be crap? I literally have so much bad luck when it comes to hits registering.
You can still kill the person fast if a team focus fires them. Which results in two ults being lost, also another ana can sleep them during the ult. Mcree can also stun the person and I think if you stun then it takes them out of ult, not sure never seen it done. I like the ult because it makes up for the fact that her healing and other support capabilities can be inconsistent.

I think shutting down a Genji when he ults, while being Nano Boosted is going to be next to impossible. He moves so fast and kills 200 health heroes with one sword swipe. Her ult also charges so fast for the power that it has.

She will be hard to use for the majority of us, but she will be great for the pros. The pro meta is gonna shift for sure.
Nope I think its alright, hanzo has somewhat absurd hitboxes with headshotting other players.

I think shutting down a Genji when he ults, while being Nano Boosted is going to be next to impossible. He moves so fast and kills 200 health heroes with one sword swipe. Her ult also charges so fast for the power that it has.

She will be hard to use for the majority of us, but she will be great for the pros. The pro meta is gonna shift for sure.

In one of my competitive matches yesterday there was a group of 4 people along with me and another random. This group of 4 was pretty well coordinated within themselves but there was a genji on the other team and whenever he ulted they would all just spread out and run in all directions and the genji could barely get two of those guys in one ult because of them spacing out so that's probably the best way to counter.

Really though because of ana and genji's required skill most players would just be a hindrance to the team with 2 of these characters apart from when using their ults.
Reply 110
Nope I think its alright, hanzo has somewhat absurd hitboxes with headshotting other players.

In one of my competitive matches yesterday there was a group of 4 people along with me and another random. This group of 4 was pretty well coordinated within themselves but there was a genji on the other team and whenever he ulted they would all just spread out and run in all directions and the genji could barely get two of those guys in one ult because of them spacing out so that's probably the best way to counter.

Really though because of ana and genji's required skill most players would just be a hindrance to the team with 2 of these characters apart from when using their ults.

Id be more scared of Ana ult + Winston ult since Winston's ult already gives him so much health as well as reduced cooldown I can't imagine him being boosted more lol
Original post by GUMI
Id be more scared of Ana ult + Winston ult since Winston's ult already gives him so much health as well as reduced cooldown I can't imagine him being boosted more lol

I wouldn't really be that afraid of a winston ana ult combo because really winston isn't that massive a threat in his ult unless there are ledges nearby since he doesn't do massive dmg and the boost isn't going to add much more, in his ult most of the time he does survive with a decent amount of hp and the ana boost will just make him even less likely to die and with more hp. What I'm most afraid of is roadhog, junkrat or farah (not sure if ana can boost the tyre since I haven't seen it tried) ults with ana.

Roadhog: ult does horrendous amounts of dmg which will become ridiculous with the boost and he will be very hard to kill with his hp and dmg reduction and his mobility issue during that is slightly reduced.

Junkrat: rip tyre will be capable of 1 shotting anyone who aren't boosted and will give a larger kill radius, will be much harder to kill as well because of dmg reduction and being very fast, also its speed will give it further possible travel distance.

Farah: ult does stupid amounts of dmg and boosted can even rip through rheinhardts shield, also farah is really vulnerable during it and it depends on the enemies competency to take you down, but the dmg reduction will help you survive through your ult.

I don't think many people are going to be able to escape. It gives you a huge boost to movement speed, damage reduction, and damage done. You can try and spread out, but you can move so fast when being Nano Boosted. Using a random video on YouTube, look at where he starts Dragonblade and where he ends up at. You aren't going to run from this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpdlAdcAMIQ

It's not even just Genji. Here is one of Reaper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmXT-fWn11s

I'm really talking more about higher MMR and pro level. Even at lower skill levels, that ult is going to be extremely useful for multiple heroes. She is going to be a requirement for every team. Her ult is extremely OP and she can shut down all healing abilities for 6 seconds.
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't think many people are going to be able to escape. It gives you a huge boost to movement speed, damage reduction, and damage done. You can try and spread out, but you can move so fast when being Nano Boosted. Using a random video on YouTube, look at where he starts Dragonblade and where he ends up at. You aren't going to run from this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpdlAdcAMIQ

It's not even just Genji. Here is one of Reaper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmXT-fWn11s

I'm really talking more about higher MMR and pro level. Even at lower skill levels, that ult is going to be extremely useful for multiple heroes. She is going to be a requirement for every team. Her ult is extremely OP and she can shut down all healing abilities for 6 seconds.

Didn't mind the genji move spd but the reaper one was pretty nasty, that second reaper one was a bit stupid with that team piling in with no shield. The grenade can be hard to use because of its small radius and also aiming it right.
I got a 17kill streak with Zarya should i go pro
Wish all my games were this good:

Original post by SuperHuman98
I got a 17kill streak with Zarya should i go pro

18 get on my level :3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333, nah that's pretty good especially since you are rather new and on zarya.
Wish all my games were this good:

18 get on my level :3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333, nah that's pretty good especially since you are rather new and on zarya.

I got 18 the game after that 17kill streak :biggrin:
At level 24 so competitive will be unlocked soon :smile:. Loving Genji and D.Va right now can't wait for D.Vas buffs!
Original post by SuperHuman98
At level 24 so competitive will be unlocked soon :smile:. Loving Genji and D.Va right now can't wait for D.Vas buffs!

Genji is very hard to play in competitive, though with very skilled players he is truly destructive, when ana is added he will be even stronger. D.Va buffs may make me play her again, loved her in quickplay but in competitive she wasn't reliable enough. Wished that her headshot hitbox was made smaller since that is probably the thing that makes her so unreliable.
(edited 7 years ago)
Competitive placement matches are so... o_0. I win 1 game then always lose the next then always win the next im currently on 4-4

Quick Reply

Latest