The Student Room Group

HYMS Offer Holders 2016

Scroll to see replies

Anyone in york wanting to go into private accommodation?
Reply 61
Original post by hannahcp93
Anyone in york wanting to go into private accommodation?

If you are a guy I am interested in the private accommodation. Have you looked around??
Sorry, I'm not a guy!
Original post by ruhullah
If you are a guy I am interested in the private accommodation. Have you looked around??
Reply 63

ruhullah I think it doesn't matter if you share accommodation with a guy or girl since you'll be in separate rooms...

Hannah have you decided on a house yet?
Reply 64
Does anyone know where I can get the occupational health form from because I need to fill it asap. Thanks
Reply 65
Does anyone know where I can get the occupational health form from because I need to fill it asap. Thanks

Sorry for replying so late. I haven't been active recently. This might no longer be useful but I've attached what I think you asked for.
Original post by Sheo
Well done on the offer! It's such a good feeling when you make it, after trying so many times before! This is my second time applying having applied during a gap year before my degree.

I really should say I'm an undergrad (3rd year) too :colondollar: but yeah most likely firming! :smile:

Accommodation wise I think that is the way I'd probably go too, save as much money as possible haha. I've just recently found out we potentially get a bit more funding than previous years? because normally we're eligible for the maintenance loan only and no grant but now that they've scrapped the grant we may be able to get the full maintenance loan (upwards of 8,000 per year now) depending on household income. I don't know if you've heard of this. I asked about this on another thread and one of the moderators confirmed it although I think I'll ring up SFE sometime and double check.

Hi! Congrats I was planning to apply to HMYS 2017 and was wondering if u had any interview, personal statement tips. Also my predicted grades are A*AB with B in chem. There is no chance my grade is going to be shifted by talking to my tutors because my school has strict policies and i tried already. Thanks!
Original post by hannahcp93
Sorry, I'm not a guy!

Hi! Congrats I was planning to apply to HMYS 2017 and was wondering if u had any interview, personal statement tips. Also my predicted grades are A*AB with B in chem. There is no chance my grade is going to be shifted by talking to my tutors because my school has strict policies and i tried already. Do you know of anyone who got in with those predicted grades or do u think i have a chance
Thanks! :smile:
Reply 68
Original post by student2017
Hi! Congrats I was planning to apply to HMYS 2017 and was wondering if u had any interview, personal statement tips. Also my predicted grades are A*AB with B in chem. There is no chance my grade is going to be shifted by talking to my tutors because my school has strict policies and i tried already. Thanks!

Unfortunately, with those predicted grades, you'd be unlikely to be successful with an application at HYMS or indeed almost any med school. A prediction of at least AAA would be required. Sit down with your subject teacher, department head, year head and headteacher if necessary to try and explain this and bump your prediction up to A for chem.
Original post by JayAhm
Unfortunately, with those predicted grades, you'd be unlikely to be successful with an application at HYMS or indeed almost any med school. A prediction of at least AAA would be required. Sit down with your subject teacher, department head, year head and headteacher if necessary to try and explain this and bump your prediction up to A for chem.

Tried everything i can for predicted grades :I even my parents got involved but school is super strict and are notorious for being harsh on predicted grades. Its just that whenever I used medicine calculators with what unis i could get into with my grades, it always says I could try for keele or HYMS, so i was just wondering if anyone has ever gotten into HYMS with these grades because there must be a reason these two always pop up right?
Thanks for the advice, seems like I might have to take a gap year or hope for a miracle
Reply 70
Original post by student2017
Tried everything i can for predicted grades :I even my parents got involved but school is super strict and are notorious for being harsh on predicted grades. Its just that whenever I used medicine calculators with what unis i could get into with my grades, it always says I could try for keele or HYMS, so i was just wondering if anyone has ever gotten into HYMS with these grades because there must be a reason these two always pop up right?
Thanks for the advice, seems like I might have to take a gap year or hope for a miracle

HYMS now state that they require AAA predicted for 2017 entry.

Keele are now requiring A*AA for 2017 entry.

Unfortunately, requirements do change and I don't think they'd accept A*AB predictions for 2017 entry, but it's always worth calling to double check.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending