The Student Room Group

Islamophobia is the problem

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Defraction
You are the problem. Ignorant people like you are the cause of this whole global problem. It's not Islam that is the problem, it is the people who misinterpret it are the problem(alongside of yourself).

Watch this video to be educated:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

Ye's he's clearly the problem.

Not ISIS the death cult and their legions of supporters
Not the various other terrorist groups in the world
Not the poisonous ideology of wahhabism
Not the ridiculously ambiguous qu'ran and its more warped interpretations
Not the reluctance of governments to do anything for fear of being seen as islamophobic

No, the guy posting his disagreement with Islam on TSR is the cause of global terrorism.

You imbecile
"Islamaphobia" is a result of recent acts, it is insane to say that it's the problem. What is the real problem? Difficult to tell but I think religion, not just Islam is the issue. Countless wars such as the Spanish invasion of Brunei or when the crusades happened occurred was because of religion.

I'm sorry, but quite a few people hold things against Muslims because personal experience, so please stop trying to shove your opinion down everyone's throats. Send me as much hate as you want religious people, I don't give a ****.
Original post by BaconandSauce
Odd given Islam has been at war with the west and non muslims for about 1500 years

You know this already, BUT, this is how it works. Islam and muslims must remain prophetically offended to maintain this level of hatred that precipitates such attacks. So to their mind, everyone else started it.

It feeds and grows off of hatred, Muslims are like mushrooms, fed shlt and keep in the dark. I wonder what would actually happen if they got their way, if they got rid of all of us, probably sitting around killing each other instead... as they do.

Such a hateful religion.
Original post by ZolaCFC25
Strong hypocrisy. One topical example: Iraq War.

Ah even more hypocrisy. Iraq invaded Kuwait before the west intervened after other Arab countries called for intervention in which it all kicked off, starting with the gulf war. Please educate yourself.
Ah the personal attack and then the flounce

Feeling sorry for someone is not a personal attack. Stop acting like a victim all the time.

All the Islamophobe/Daily Mail readers/call then what you will say the same stuff over and over again. It's like an established debate game read from a script lol. 'Islam is not a race', 'here comes the personal attack', etc.
Original post by BrianMcEgg
"or when the crusades happened occurred was because of religion.

You are right but remember the crusades were in response to Muslims invading non Muslim countries

This is a good resource to show how we responded to attacks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_To-cV94Bo
Feeling sorry for someone is not a personal attack. Stop acting like a victim all the time.

I thought you'd flounced
Original post by hoping4thebest
It's Islamophobia which is isolating Muslim people and alienating them. The majority of them are as peaceful or even more peaceful than us and their religion encourages peace. It's Islamophobia which is leading some Muslims to become radicalised as they don't feel that they belong here in the West.

So stop Islamophobia, the cause of terrorism..

im assuming this si a Troll, but incase its not and you actually believe this daft statement - how do you explain the view of islamists in other non western parts of the world? there is as much conflict in africa asia, pretty much wherever a significant islamic community exists.
Want me to open a little secret?

War is incredibly profitable and everything is being perpetually financed to spawn more chaos.

The more casualties in the western world, the more justification the western world obtains to further carry out attacks in the Middle East and that involves a huge magnitude of exports involving a wide array of weapons, satisfying a billion dollar arms industry.

These war firms have shareholders who they are accountable to, and the only way for them to generate such huge profits is war, therefore it makes sense to keep provoking.

What we are seeing is retaliation as a result of huge intervention of the western governments in the middle east.

If that is hard for you to understand, in simple terms: You kill my people, I kill your people.
No. But Western intervention, and the divide and conquer of the 'Islamic world' around the world over this and the last century, is.

Since then, the terrorist threat has moved largely to localised, home-grown, lone rangers. Why do you think that is? It's got all to do with identity, or a lack of, not really religion. They are angry and yes, it's not rational, but angry people do horrible things by joining a cult that has grown since the 1970s resistance of Soviets in Afghanistan, which incidentally was funded largely by the US.

'"Get a clue ffs". One thing is for sure. Your hateful response isn't doing counter-terrorism any favours. Fanatics on both sides are the problem. If you think making a any minute percentage of the quarter of the world angry is going to make for peace, rather than winning the hearts and minds, then the world has no hope.

Right, I suppose Boko Haram in Africa is also due to western intervention :rolleyes:
Someone get a trigger warning on this thread ffs.
Reply 31
There's no peaceful religion, except for the Buddhism
Is this bait? I mean, Islamophobia has killed nobody, Islam has killed millions perhaps billions since its inception.
Original post by DonnaN

There are Buddhist terrorists, though. I think potentially the only religion of peace is Jainism.
You are right but remember the crusades were in response to Muslims invading non Muslim countries

This is a good resource to show how we responded to attacks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_To-cV94Bo

I didn't know that, thanks
Original post by BrianMcEgg
I didn't know that, thanks

Most people don't as it's not the narrative we are allowed to teach
Original post by hoping4thebest
It's Islamophobia which is isolating Muslim people and alienating them.

If you have a quick glance at the I-Soc, you will see people recommending other Muslims don't associate with those who may weaken their imaan and encourage them to make Muslim friends instead, there are others encouraging the segregation of the genders, and there are some who actively encourage Muslim women to cover their faces. If the issue at hand is isolation, then the above I mentioned are part of the problem.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DonnaN

You must be having a laugh. Have you not read in the news what Buddhists are doing to Muslims in Burma?
Every religion has extremists, don't be so ignorant.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by FrogLad
Right, I suppose Boko Haram in Africa is also due to western intervention :rolleyes:

No, but funny how the West has no interest there in the name of the war against terror. No ulterior, political motive, unlike Iraq.
Original post by TercioOfParma
Is this bait? I mean, Islamophobia has killed nobody, Islam has killed millions perhaps billions since its inception.

Are you being serious? Hate deaths do happen, but the issue here is alienation which is causing angry people to do stupid things. If we're serious about tackling terrorism, then we have to tackle the underlying alienation that is causing the home-grown terror threat. Integration is critical, and people hating you because you believe in a God, or some other God, or look like they do, really doesn't help matters.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending