The Student Room Group

Pharmacy or Neuroscience?

I'm really torn between studying a degree in Pharmacy or Neuroscience. I want some advice - which is more competitive? Which has better career prospects? And which is more interesting in general? I love both fields so I'm so unsure!!
Original post by creative_lad28
I'm really torn between studying a degree in Pharmacy or Neuroscience. I want some advice - which is more competitive? Which has better career prospects? And which is more interesting in general? I love both fields so I'm so unsure!!

Hi,

Both of those careers are competitive depending where you look and both have varying career prospects. However, which is more interesting is up to you. If you are unsure on which to follow, try taking some taster sessions or summer schools in both of the subjects and see if you prefer one to another. Usually the sessions have researchers or professionals in the field that can tell you what it is like and give you an impression of how it might be like to take it further. If, at the end of that, you still like them both and can't decide then both outcomes look good for you :smile:

p.s. if I had to recommend a place to try out a taster session/summer school, I'd definitely said Villiers Park. They have some amazing residentials (including neuroscience) on their Inspiring Excellence programme (literally the best) (though they do cost)
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest